San Cristóbal de Las Casas Travel Answers

change location

finding a doctor

by lostworld Online Now Feb 16, 2010 at 7:18 AM

My partner and I have been traveling for close to a year now and would like to find a doctor for some routine check ups. We are currently in Mexico and we will be in San Cristobal de las Casas soon. I have heard there is a small expat community here so we thought it might be a good place to find a doctor. Can anybody recommend a good doctor, preferably english speaking in the area, or a good place to find information. If somebody has information on doctors outside of San Cristobal in the south of Mexico that would also be appreciated. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Gatopardo's Profile Photo

    Re: finding a doctor

    by Gatopardo Online Now Feb 18, 2010 at 11:59 AM


    The expat community is a good place to start looking for English-speaking doctors.

    I can only suggest to look for the local yellow pages directory in case that you can't find anything else or that you want to compare other places.

    The yellow pages in Mexico is known as Seccion Amarilla,
    Try Medico General in CHIS, SAN CRISTOBAL DE LAS CASAS or only San Cristobal, that's how I found a long list before.

    Good luck! I'll keep an eye open if I encounter information that might help you.
    Take care and enjoy your trip!

    Be the first to rate this answer!

    Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines