San Cristóbal de Las Casas Travel Answers

change location

Travel to Motozintla

by maryweinstockgilbert Online Now Jul 26, 2009 at 12:30 PM

How would I travel by bus from Mexico City to San Cristobal?
How long would the trip take?
What would be the cost?
How frequently does this bus run?

How would I travel by bus to Motozintla from San Cristobal?
How long would the trip take?
What would be the cost?
How frequently does this bus run?

Is there any other bus route from Mexico City to Motozintla?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Travel to Motozintla

by FAN09 Online Now Jul 26, 2009 at 8:46 PM

THERE IS IN MEXICO A BUS LINE THE NAME IS "ADO" YOU CAN FIND WWW.ADO.COM IT IS A GOOD SERVICE.
    SAN CRISTOBAL IS ON THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN, FIRST YOU CAN GO TO "TUXTLA GUTIERREZ CHIAPAS" SECOND, YOU TAKE A MINIBUS TO SAN CRISTOBAL THIS TRANSPORT IS FRECUENTLY AND VERY CHEAP (TWO OR TREE USD)
    THE TRAM MEXICO-TUXTLA GUTIERREZ IS 9 USD MORE O LESS YOU NEED CONSULT THE SITE "ADO" LINE BUS FOR KNOW FRECUENCY.
    THE TRIP MEXICO -TUXTLA GUTIERREZ TAKE 20 OR MORE HOURS AND TUXTLA- SAN CRISTOBAL IS NEAR, ONE HOUR. MOTOZINTLA IR NEAR TO TUXTLA GUTIERREZ

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Travel to Motozintla

by jeanfinney Online Now Jul 12, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Yes, check the site - That is a long journey! Sometimes there are direct buses to San Cristobal; for instance, once I was in Jalapa, Vera Cruz, and I was happy to find that there was a direct bus, it was 10 - 11 hours of travel. (Most routes run daily,) You might want to break it up somewhere interesting. The prices are on the site, but they are really reasonable and the service is usually quite good. Take a look at a map and a guide book, you might end up being a bit creative!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near San Cristóbal de Las Casas