In the week before Semana Santa (till about Palm Sunday) I will be in and around San Christobal de las Casas, including a sidetrip to Palenque and after that I will continue to Guatemala (Xela, Antigua). About this a few questions:
• Are there any special religious activities (processions) in this week in SCC or the villages around which are worthwhile visiting (the last I can stay is Palm Sunday)?
• Good tour companies visiting the villages around SCC and Cañón del Sumidero, already read good things about Na Bolom and Raul and Alegandro. Any recent experiences?
• Read somewhere the market in San Juan Chamula in this period is not on Sunday but on Friday. Is this corrrect?
• Any social projects/schools/orphanage for visiting/supporting?
• Other recommendations in this area?