San Clemente Travel Answers

change location

Things to do in April w/ teen

by JoJosMom Online Now Apr 8, 2008 at 10:27 AM

Hi,
I am looking for things to do with my 14 yo daughter here in San Clemente. We don't have a car so need to find things w/in walking distance or by bus? Beach weather looks iffy for this week. Help! She's typical teen, not real interested in museums, etc. We are at south end near State Park so kind of isolated from things. Thanks for your help.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Richmond's Profile Photo

Re: Things to do in April w/ teen

by Richmond Online Now Apr 8, 2008 at 10:59 AM

If you get tired of the beach activities you may want to consider taking the metrolink train http://www.metrolinktrains.com/
    south from San Clemente to Oceanside, transfer to the Coaster train gonctd.com/coaster_schedules... and continue to downtown San Diego. There's a variety of things to do depending on you and your daughter's interests and budget.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

by HarmoniousBotch Online Now Apr 9, 2008 at 3:18 PM

Or use the Coaster and go north to do shopping in Laguna Beach.

Either way, the Coaster is probably your best bet to go someplace else.

• Richmond's Profile Photo

by Richmond Online Now Apr 10, 2008 at 1:10 PM

The train going north from San Clement to Laguna Beach is NOT called the Coaster. It's called the MetroLink.

To go north as suggested you go to the San Clemente North Beach station it's a station on the Inland Empire-Orange County and Orange County Lines of the Metrolink commuter rail system covering areas around Los Angeles.

To go South to San Diego you follow the instructions I provided previously. That train system is called the Coaster serving San Diego County, where I live.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines