San Carlos de Bariloche Travel Answers

change location

time to stay, places to see, where to stay and Lake Crossing

by Dines Online Now Nov 2, 2008 at 6:43 PM

In December we are planning to visit Buenos Aires, then Iguasu Falls, and the to Bariloche. How many nights should we plan to stay, what should we see. Should we take a tour when there? Where would you recommend we stay. We like a bit nicer accomodations. Also do you recommend taking the Lake Crossing to Puerto Montt

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Porteno's Profile Photo

Re: time to stay, places to see, where to stay and Lake Crossing

by Porteno Online Now Nov 2, 2008 at 7:34 PM

As for Buenos Aires you could easily spend a week in the city, as for hotels there is a huge range from the ALvear Palace, Hyatt, and Four Seasons. These would all be in the very expensive range. A bit more reasonable would be the Loi Suites Recoleta, The Melia Recoleta or my favorite small hotel, The BoBo. As for what to see you might be better viewing the cities tourism web site for ideas www.bue.gov.ar For Iguazu the easiest place is the Sheraton Hotel which is located inside the park. Makes it very easy for touring since you just step out the door and you are there. It is an OK hotel but the design is a bit early Stalin :) outside the park the nicest hotel is the Iguazu Grand. Very spiffy and comfortable. Two days is enough time there. In Bariloche one of the most spectacular hotels anywhere is the Llao Llao. Expensive but well worth every cent. Less expensive choices would be La Cascada Hotel, Villa Huinid Resort and Spa, and Hotel Tunquelen. Avoid hotels in the city. 3 to 4 days would allow you ample time to explore the area. Do visit the other side of the lake, and the town of Villa La Angostura. There is a wonderful hotel there as well Las Balsas. If you have the time definitely take the lake crossing, or one of the other day trips offered from the dock in front of the Llao Llao Hotel. My photo here is in front of that hotel.

I have found this to be a great web site for helping making plans www.welcomeargentina.com

Hope this helps and have a great visit.

suerte
    SAM

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near San Carlos de Bariloche