San Carlos de Bariloche Travel Answers

change location

Lake Crossing Puerto Montt to Bariloche or viceversa around June 30

by butron Online Now Apr 28, 2007 at 9:28 PM

I am planning a trip with my wife for our 25th wedding anniversary. I am considering this route, but I admit that I am a bit nervous because of the winter season. Please advise:
* Is it too cold to take this tour around June 30? what is the average temperature in Bariloche and Puerto Montt? and how long it takes to go from one to the other at the end of June?
* I read that July is very crowded in Bariloche, but I imagine most people go to ski. Neither my wife or I ski, although we might be interested in a one-day instruction for the fun of it. Is it reasonable to expect hotel availability around this time of the year? Is it worth to visit in the winter if we are not skiing? By the way, I can pay up to100 per night for hotel. Any recommendations?

Thank you

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Porteno's Profile Photo

Re: Lake Crossing Puerto Montt to Bariloche or viceversa around June 30

by Porteno Online Now Apr 29, 2007 at 8:51 AM

As for crossing the lake you should be able to find all your information at this website http://www.internationalms.com/cruce/ as for the weather yes it will be cold, the ski season can begin in June just depends on amount of snow fall. The area is fantastic, breathtaking so I am sure you will love the area. Hotels in your price range do book up quickly here are some, Hosteria Del Lago, you also might try this one Hostel Inn Patagonia/Lago Gutierrez. There are many hotels in the town of Bariloche, but some of them are very bad....in that they do not honor even prepaid reservations. For a good hotel rview site try tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g312...

You will get some pretty decent information on why hotels that are good and the ones to avoid.

suerte
    SAM

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines