San Antonio

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Dogs at Water Gardens?

Fort Worth Yesterday

Can I bring my small dog (leashed) to the Fort Worth Water Gardens? Thanks!

more
    • Is it safe to cycle around downtown?

Austin Apr 3, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Hi,
      We'll be visiting Austin the 1st time in April.
      Not sure if i want to stay AT&T executive hotel.
      i may rent a bike to commute around to restaurants around Congress area.
      Hampton inn & suites Austin downtown ok?
      Thank you for any advice.

more
    • Where to stay?

Dallas Mar 26, 2014 at 1:01 PM

My two brothers, my father and I will be visiting the Dallas area this coming June for a long weekend. We will be catching a few baseball games and are wondering what is the best location to stay for tourist attractions. We will have a car to get to the ballpark so we are more concerned with staying in a good location in terms of tourist attractions, good atmosphere, and getting the best overall feel for Texas. After doing some research I'm kind of confused if I should be looking just right in downtown Dallas, or if something like Market Place or West End is better? Thanks for the help!

more
    • What public transportation is there between Sherman + Dallas?

Dallas Mar 25, 2014 at 6:04 PM

What bus, train, etc. would I take to get from Sherman to Dallas? I will be teaching at Austin College (Sherman) this summer + would like to take advantage of some quick site seeing in Dallas on weekends. Thanks for your response(s).

more
    • Dogs at Water Gardens?

Fort Worth Yesterday

Can I bring my small dog (leashed) to the Fort Worth Water Gardens? Thanks!

more
    • nogueirax's Profile Photo

5 days in Austin - Places + Transports

Austin Apr 20, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Hi people, how are you?

I'm planing a 30 days trips to Texas / Louisiana and I will stay in Austin for 5 days.

I checked a lot of information and created a little itinerary for these days and I want opinions if this is a good list and receive some tips to increase my experience in this great town.

Hostel: HI Austin - 2200 South Lakeshore Blvd

Day 01:

Day 02:

• Austin Overtures (hop-on-hop-off)
      • Mexic-Arte Museum
      • Joseph and Susanna Dickinson Hannig Museum
      • French Legation Museum
      • The Contemporany Austin
      • Peter Pan Mini Golf
      • Food: Graj Mahal

Day 03:

• Breakfast: Juan In a Million
      • Austin Fire Department History Museum
      • O. Henry Museum
      • Walking Congress Ave 6th Street
      • Duck Adventures
      • Walking Bremond Block
      • Food: East Side Kings

Day 04:

• Zilker Park
      • Barton Spring
      • Lady Bird Lake
      • Water Bikes Tour
      • Food: Chuys

Day 05:

• Governors Mansion
      • Texas Capitol
      • Texas Library
      • Bullock Texas Museum
      • Food: Jalopy

Nights: Watch live some Sport / Musical / Movie / Theater / Show / Opera or some Bar

I have a few questions:

1. Is humanly possible to meet all these places?
      2. Places are grouped correctly? (Close to each other)
      3. I don't want rent a car. It's possible do this itinerary using bikes, eletric bikes or public transport?
      4. Do you have some advice for me?

Sorry for my poor english. I'm studying hard to increase my skills before arrive there. smiley

I eagerly await your collaboration to make an unforgettable trip.

Thank you,

Fernando Nogueira

Sao Paulo / Brazil

more
    • Do I need a passport??

Brownsville Apr 7, 2014 at 7:03 PM

In Brownsville, Tx, can I go across the border into Matamoros, Mexico for shopping and get back to Brownsville without a passport??

more
    • From Dallas to Caddo Lake

Caddo Lake State Park Apr 12, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Hi,
      My friend and I would like to know how to get to Caddo Lake State Park from downtown Dallas by bus ? Is it possible ? If not, what are our options if we can't rent a car in Dallas ?
      We really would like to go to Caddo Lake :) !
      Thank you !
      Katherine and Vivianne

more
    • Comming Texas next Sunday!

Texas Mar 30, 2014 at 8:14 AM

I arrive at bush airport on Sunday afternoon an would like to know where an what to do straight away! We will be putting our bags in the hotel then looking to go straight out on the town! Many thanks Danny

more
    • Discount tile!

by napoles24 Online Now Feb 3, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Where can I buy discount tile?

2 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 7:19 AM
    • transportation

by cleanstake Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 1:40 AM

how extensive and frequent is public transportation in and around San Antonio? Does this service extend 10-15 miles north of downtown?

3 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 7:25 AM
    • Driving Tour

by cermely Online Now Dec 20, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Hi we like the look of San Antonio and wondered if you could recommend a self driving tour that would start and stop at San Antonio
      regards
      Dave and Liz

4 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 1:39 PM
    • Tower of the Americas Observation 4 D ride movie

by jerryancharlotte Online Now Nov 29, 2013 at 6:39 AM

How do I buy tickets online and in advance for the Tower of the Americas Observation deck/elevator ride, film and 4D ride?

1 Answer Nov 29, 2013 at 6:12 PM
    • San Antonio fashion styles

by adriennescott Online Now Sep 30, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Can women wear white slacks and skirts at this time of year?

4 Answers Sep 30, 2013 at 6:53 PM
    • Cycling through San Antonio

by knutmonkey Online Now Sep 24, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Is San Antonio a bike friendly city? If yes, where is a good (and cheap) place to rent bikes?

1 Answer Sep 25, 2013 at 8:12 AM
    • can I walk the city?

by jenandmattmeyer Online Now Sep 24, 2013 at 7:09 AM

I am staying in the historic district, is it realistic to think I can walk from my hotel to the riverwalk? Googlemaps says it isn't very far, but are there sidewalks? Is it convenient? I walk a lot and would love to experience the city this way.

2 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 8:35 PM
    • attractions and events this week in san antonio

by scottbgiles1010 Online Now Sep 23, 2013 at 11:09 PM

are there free and inexpensive things to do in San Antonio?

1 Answer Sep 23, 2013 at 11:10 PM
    • attractions and events this week in san antonio

by scottbgiles1010 Online Now Sep 23, 2013 at 11:09 PM

are there free and inexpensive things to do in San Antonio?

2 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    • Transportation from airport

by Pumpkin2 Online Now Jun 3, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Is there a shuttle or bus from the airport to downtown near Riverwalk. More precisely I need to go to the Holiday Inn Express on Cameron st.

2 Answers Jun 4, 2013 at 3:12 PM
    • cheapest airport close to San Francosco

by smabrito Online Now May 6, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Planning a flight to San Francisco from San Antonio, possibly in July or August. Can a significant amount of money on airfare be saved by flying into an airport outside of San Francisco & then driving for around (up to) an hour to get to SF?

4 Answers May 6, 2013 at 5:53 PM
    • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

What section of the city to live in?

by travelgourmet Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I have been interested in having a holiday townhome or condo in San Antonio and don't know that much about residential living in the city or even within 10 miles of city center. It would not be my permanent home unless I fell in love with the Texan hospitality. What section would be desirable as a home away from home. Thanks in advance to any locals that may help. :-)

3 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 10:42 PM
    • bus station to Airport public transport

by spanky06 Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I am arriving at the Greyhound Bus Station this evening from Houston. What, if any, public transport is available to take me to the airport? Any idea on cost?
      Thanks- Scott

1 Answer Mar 26, 2013 at 5:02 PM
    • JuliaG24's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel for Older Couple

by JuliaG24 Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 12:42 PM

My parents would like to plan a trip to San Antonio for the first week of April. I hear there is a lot of action and late night partying that time of year. What hotel would give them good access to all the popular tourist destinations, but quiet enough for those who turn in early?

2 Answers Mar 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM
    • Question title

by natalie58 Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 12:48 PM

What are your taxi company's names? I am arranging travel for one of our instructors and I need to arrange a ride from the airport to the Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio Riverwalk. Thank you for your info.
      Natalie

4 Answers Mar 23, 2013 at 8:22 AM
    • I need to help

by David.PK Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 6:04 AM

does any have transportation From san antonio jw marriott hill country to san antonio down town?

I would thank you if i take asap a answer

2 Answers Mar 7, 2013 at 10:43 PM
    • Six Flags

by shellywhiteside Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Does anyone know if the lockers are big enough for a small carry on at six flags? We are planning to go from the park to the airport.

2 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 8:32 AM
    • Is it warm enough to swim in March?

by teach1992 Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 6:21 AM

We're coming down to do SeaWorld in March with our 4 kids. Will we want to swim at SeaWorld or at the hotel in March? Our last trip was mid-June and too hot for us. But I know my kids will be bummed if it's too cold to swim. We could change our trip to early May if we need to.

4 Answers Mar 1, 2013 at 6:36 AM
    • acloud's Profile Photo

Camping

by acloud Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 7:19 PM

We want to take our grand kids RV camping and would like to stay within an hour of San Antonio. Any suggestions of State Parks that would be good for us? Hiking, bike riding, camp fires, things like that. What about Pendernales SP?

4 Answers Feb 15, 2013 at 7:49 PM
    • rodeo

by dorisg Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 9:23 AM

What is best transportation from hotel on river walk to AT&T center?

1 Answer Feb 15, 2013 at 8:13 PM
    • bmt graduation

by sverwey Online Now Jun 22, 2012 at 4:02 PM

My grandaughter is graduating from Lackland the end of August. I need suggestions on where to stay.

Thanks for advice,
      Sandy

4 Answers Feb 20, 2013 at 7:43 PM
    • Finn1966's Profile Photo

Some hints please :)

by Finn1966 Online Now Apr 9, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Hi
      Coming to San Antonio this summer with my family. Been reading about SA from different web sites and even have a brochure, which I ordered few months ago already. A bit confused already, since there are so many things to see...But, I would like to have your opinion of which 5 attractions in San Antonio are the most interesting to see for parents and a 6 yo daughter ? The kind of attractions, that would not cost a lot of money (to buy tickets) or are just simply free of charge ?

6 Answers Jun 1, 2012 at 9:10 AM
    • Finn1966's Profile Photo

Safety in San Antonio ?

by Finn1966 Online Now Mar 30, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Hi
      Traveling to San Antonio for the first time this summer with my family and staying in Holiday Inn San Antonio Market Square. How safe it is generally for a traveler in San Antonio. What about our hotel, any experiences of it ? Thanks :)

3 Answers Mar 30, 2012 at 11:25 PM
    • tuna_on_rye's Profile Photo

What is the best way to get from the airport to the River Walk area of SA?

by tuna_on_rye Online Now Nov 16, 2011 at 10:00 AM

What is the best way to get from the airport to the River Walk area of SA (and back of course)? Is it far? Should I just Eff it and rent a car?

3 Answers Nov 16, 2011 at 3:58 PM
    • tuna_on_rye's Profile Photo

What one thing should I eat in San Antonio

by tuna_on_rye Online Now Nov 15, 2011 at 9:55 AM

If you are ever in Chicago, have an Italian beef. In Boston, a lobster roll. In Uruguay, you have to have chavito (spelling?). In many places there is a food that is local to that area that you cannot easily get elsewhere and is part of the geography of that place (so to speak). In Cordoba, Spain, for example, you have to try salmorejo, most taverns and alomost all restaurants will have it.

So, what is the food I have to try when I visit San Antonio?

Thanks,
      Joe

9 Answers Nov 19, 2011 at 6:41 PM
    • What to wear next week?

by teekcreek Online Now Oct 20, 2011 at 1:03 PM

I'm coming down the week of 10/22 to San Antonio from Northern Ohio. We're already in boots here. I was just wondering what to bring to wear in the evenings on the riverwalk? Will it be warm enough for shorts or a skirt? Short sleeves or long? Boots or sandals? Thanks!

2 Answers Oct 20, 2011 at 3:32 PM
    • Photo Op Spots?

by caec2010 Online Now Oct 15, 2011 at 2:38 PM

I'm a local photographer in the Colorado Springs area and am visiting with my family. Where are some good spots in the downtown area to take pictures? I've heard about the Riverwalk but I'm wanting something with less people. I would love to hear your suggestions!

3 Answers Oct 16, 2011 at 2:08 PM
    • Accommodation

by FPK Online Now Aug 28, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Booking hotel via Hotel.com or price line.
      Which areas should we select? We will be walking everywhere and like to be centrally located.

SAT Riverkwalk North or South
      Downtown?

• Fiesta Texas, plus what?

by patjack89 Online Now May 20, 2011 at 10:05 AM

i am taking 2 teenagers to SanAntonio on a wed & thurs. thurs will be spent at fiesta texas. any suggestions for wednesday? also looking at staying in a hotel close to fiesta but not sure how that would affect me for wednesday's activities. thoughts?

7 Answers Jul 24, 2011 at 8:59 PM
    • pizza

by stacy.norton Online Now Mar 29, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Is there a good pizza place in downtown San Antonio close to the "jail" hotel that could feed 50 students on a Friday night? Or any other good food suggestion?