change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• suse1811's Profile Photo

Hostel to stay in new york

by suse1811 Online Now May 4, 2015 at 7:24 AM

Any recommendations would be gratefully received !

more
    • broadcalling's Profile Photo

Hotel / B&B in S Fo

by broadcalling Online Now May 4, 2015 at 6:20 AM

Hello

Do suggest a mid range Hotel or a B&B for 5 nights - also which area should we stay in?

Thanks

more
    • Golden Gate Bridge - original print from local/Californian photographer

by Nataliejanew Online Now May 25, 2015 at 2:37 PM

Hi, I have visited San Francisco a number of times and love the Golden Gate Bridge. I would like an original print from a local or Californian photographer. I would like some suggestions if possible of photographers. I love the style of Ansel Adams, very natural & black and white. Can anyone recommend anyone? I am due to visit San Francisco in August and would like to pick it up then from a gallery or studio but can understand if I would be better buying online from here in the UK.

Any help would be most appreciated!

more
    • Downtown SF to Sunnyvale, by train or car?

by PassengerInDark Online Now May 13, 2015 at 8:47 AM

Dear VT members,

I plan to visit LA for a week after my SF trip. The final day of my SF trip, I plan to go to Apple's company store located in Cupertino. While going there shall I hire a car to stop for some (??) important places while travelling to Cupertino?

I am also curious about what you think about continuing to LA by car (with my luggages) from Cupertino, instead of getting back to my hotel in downtown SF to travel to SFO next day for flying to LAX?
      Thank you!

more
    • JoeL439's Profile Photo

How safe is it in SF

by JoeL439 Online Now May 20, 2015 at 2:57 AM

We like to stroll about quite a bit, Just wondering how safe the area's and bars around the waterfront are?

more
    • How many days in SF for the places I plan to visit?

by PassengerInDark Online Now May 13, 2015 at 9:06 AM

I live in Europe and will visit SF and LA this summer.

After reading a lot, I decided to do the followings:
      - Academy of Sciences
      - Exploratorium (thursday night if I can)
      - Golden Gate Park
      - Presedio Park
      - Union Square
      - China Town
      - Alcatraz
      - AT&T park (baseball game)
      - Some nice places to eat breakfast, candy, etc.. found with Yelp or Foursquare.
      - Lombard Street
      - Nob Hill
      - Cable cars
      - A sightseeing tour or hop-on-hop-off bus (not sure of this line)
      - Fisherman's wharf
      - Pier 39
      - Renting Bike from Fisherman's wharf and passing over Golden Gate Bridge and returning with a ferry ( I am not sure if I can (or have to) visit Presedio with the bike before the bridge. (And/or Golden Gate Park))
      - Apple company store (Sunnyvale - caltrain)
      - Coit Tower

I have planned 5 days for all of these but I started to think that 5 days are more than I need, to do these. Am I right? What do you recommend?

Thank you!

more
    • Nude beach san fransico

by stormytheparakeet Online Now May 8, 2015 at 1:27 PM

how can you have a nude beach in a place that never reaches of 65 degrees even in the summer

more
    • Monterey,Cambria, Los Angeles

by atima76 Online Now May 21, 2015 at 1:16 PM

we are driving in the month of August with 2 kids.
      Sat & Sun staying in San Francisco doing sighseeing
      Monday morning leaving and and driving Monterey(half Moon Bay,Garter Snake, Santa Cruz Beach), and staying night there
      tuesday Leaving Monterey(17 Mile Drive, Pebble Beach, Big Sur, Hearst castle)and reaching Cambria
      Wednesday covering Solvang,Santa Barbara, Santa Ynez, Lake Cachuma and reaching LA hotel by night.
      Any suggestions to this plan or addins? Should we skip Monterey night stay and instead stay that night in Cambria?Is it possible to cover everything in one day?

more
    • Golden Gate Bridge - original print from local/Californian photographer

by Nataliejanew Online Now May 25, 2015 at 2:37 PM

Hi, I have visited San Francisco a number of times and love the Golden Gate Bridge. I would like an original print from a local or Californian photographer. I would like some suggestions if possible of photographers. I love the style of Ansel Adams, very natural & black and white. Can anyone recommend anyone? I am due to visit San Francisco in August and would like to pick it up then from a gallery or studio but can understand if I would be better buying online from here in the UK.

Any help would be most appreciated!

4 Answers May 26, 2015 at 5:14 PM
    • Monterey,Cambria, Los Angeles

by atima76 Online Now May 21, 2015 at 1:16 PM

we are driving in the month of August with 2 kids.
      Sat & Sun staying in San Francisco doing sighseeing
      Monday morning leaving and and driving Monterey(half Moon Bay,Garter Snake, Santa Cruz Beach), and staying night there
      tuesday Leaving Monterey(17 Mile Drive, Pebble Beach, Big Sur, Hearst castle)and reaching Cambria
      Wednesday covering Solvang,Santa Barbara, Santa Ynez, Lake Cachuma and reaching LA hotel by night.
      Any suggestions to this plan or addins? Should we skip Monterey night stay and instead stay that night in Cambria?Is it possible to cover everything in one day?

15 Answers May 23, 2015 at 5:40 PM
    • JoeL439's Profile Photo

How safe is it in SF

by JoeL439 Online Now May 20, 2015 at 2:57 AM

We like to stroll about quite a bit, Just wondering how safe the area's and bars around the waterfront are?

10 Answers May 20, 2015 at 2:03 PM
    • How many days in SF for the places I plan to visit?

by PassengerInDark Online Now May 13, 2015 at 9:06 AM

I live in Europe and will visit SF and LA this summer.

After reading a lot, I decided to do the followings:
      - Academy of Sciences
      - Exploratorium (thursday night if I can)
      - Golden Gate Park
      - Presedio Park
      - Union Square
      - China Town
      - Alcatraz
      - AT&T park (baseball game)
      - Some nice places to eat breakfast, candy, etc.. found with Yelp or Foursquare.
      - Lombard Street
      - Nob Hill
      - Cable cars
      - A sightseeing tour or hop-on-hop-off bus (not sure of this line)
      - Fisherman's wharf
      - Pier 39
      - Renting Bike from Fisherman's wharf and passing over Golden Gate Bridge and returning with a ferry ( I am not sure if I can (or have to) visit Presedio with the bike before the bridge. (And/or Golden Gate Park))
      - Apple company store (Sunnyvale - caltrain)
      - Coit Tower

I have planned 5 days for all of these but I started to think that 5 days are more than I need, to do these. Am I right? What do you recommend?

Thank you!

10 Answers May 17, 2015 at 11:43 PM
    • Downtown SF to Sunnyvale, by train or car?

by PassengerInDark Online Now May 13, 2015 at 8:47 AM

Dear VT members,

I plan to visit LA for a week after my SF trip. The final day of my SF trip, I plan to go to Apple's company store located in Cupertino. While going there shall I hire a car to stop for some (??) important places while travelling to Cupertino?

I am also curious about what you think about continuing to LA by car (with my luggages) from Cupertino, instead of getting back to my hotel in downtown SF to travel to SFO next day for flying to LAX?
      Thank you!

5 Answers May 17, 2015 at 11:47 PM
    • Nude beach san fransico

by stormytheparakeet Online Now May 8, 2015 at 1:27 PM

how can you have a nude beach in a place that never reaches of 65 degrees even in the summer

11 Answers May 9, 2015 at 8:55 PM
    • suse1811's Profile Photo

Hostel to stay in new york

by suse1811 Online Now May 4, 2015 at 7:24 AM

Any recommendations would be gratefully received !

3 Answers May 4, 2015 at 10:41 AM
    • broadcalling's Profile Photo

Hotel / B&B in S Fo

by broadcalling Online Now May 4, 2015 at 6:20 AM

Hello

Do suggest a mid range Hotel or a B&B for 5 nights - also which area should we stay in?

Thanks

3 Answers May 7, 2015 at 8:47 AM
    • 6 Day near San Fransisco

by CAL1834 Online Now Apr 18, 2015 at 5:19 AM

Anniversary with my Wife. Sat 5/16-Fri 5/22. Planning to fly to SF Go down coast to Big Sur stay a few days go up to Wine Country and last day in SF.

We are very active and love the outdoors, but are happy to do some relaxing things as well.

1) Is Big Sur the best bet to go down to? Any other place to stay or stop at?
      2) Suggestions for Wine Country? No idea of where to stay or go
      3) Stop at Muir Woods on the way to SF?

Any other ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

4 Answers Apr 26, 2015 at 10:40 PM
    • 6 days from SFO to LA

by atima76 Online Now Apr 16, 2015 at 9:47 AM

We are visiting SFO in July with 2 kids (11 & 15). Driving a car already from Yosemite. Can you suggest how we could spend the days in SFO and LA? Want to drive the scenic route also? Not sure how long that will take? Should we spend 2 days in SFO and then 1 night stopover on the way and then 2 days LA?

We also want to cover Monterey/Cambria/Solvang – Santa Barbara/Pebble Beach/Big Sur coastline/spot sea lions lounging on the beach./Santa Ynez Valley

So basically we will have 6 days in hand do sightseeing in SFO and also LA. Not interested in Parks/hiking..

10 Answers Apr 17, 2015 at 8:36 PM
    • resettelment with my family from pakistan

by Jerusalem777 Online Now Mar 16, 2015 at 4:22 AM

Let me introduce i am belong to catholic christian family i am married & i want to settle in san fran but i am very confuse does san fran safe for me or my family should i go to los angles ? but now time i am in pakistan.please understand & give me help so they i could get good life & better future for own family in u.s.a.

5 Answers Apr 26, 2015 at 9:36 PM
    • North of San Francisco

by aanro Online Now Mar 6, 2015 at 1:20 PM

Hi guys! Me and my family (5 pax) are planning to spend around 17/20 days:

Fly to Las Vegas - Grand Canyon (4 days - Arrive, Rent a car in Vegas go directly to GCanyon, spend 2 nights, back to Vegas, spend 2 nights

From Vegas fly to ??? (I do not know where - help needed) north of San Francisco

Spend 5 to 7 days in the area North of San Francisco (when I say north, I mean up to Vancouver)

Coming south (car) spend 2 nights in Yosemite.

Go to San Francisco 2 nights

Spend 3 nights going to LA

From LA back home

Total around 17/19 days.

I need help with the ??? area. Where can I go north of San Francisco? The date will be end of january, first days of february next year. So, winter time. We like both visiting cities/museums (Getty Museum close to LA) and landscapes like Muir Woods, Yosemite, etc. We will not allow time to do skiing. We might consider renting a motor home for a couple of days (3 or 4 days).

I will gladly receive critics to my schedule and any comments will be welcome!!!!

Tks!!!!

8 Answers Apr 8, 2015 at 11:27 AM
    • mfas2000's Profile Photo

MUST DO IN SAN FRANCISCO

by mfas2000 Online Now Feb 18, 2015 at 8:06 AM

What are the most to do in SF? we are there for 3nights/..please mention tourist trap that we shouldn't go for ..
      we are into sightseeing...we love food
      can you recommend seafood? or crab restaurants? not touristy but delusions?

appreciate your advice

14 Answers Apr 8, 2015 at 11:29 AM
    • Gisella7's Profile Photo

Arriving in San Francisco in March any other Tourist visiting the city during that time ?

by Gisella7 Online Now Feb 16, 2015 at 12:23 AM

Wanted to know some of the best sights to visit and are there other people looking to visit some of the most scenic sights that would be interested in getting a group together ? message me

3 Answers Apr 8, 2015 at 12:00 PM
    • mfas2000's Profile Photo

TRIP Advice LA/SF -Vegas!

by mfas2000 Online Now Feb 9, 2015 at 1:41 AM

Hello Guys

We plan to be in Vegas from 22-26 Feb and then head to CA for another 4 days. Unfortunately we cant change the itinerary for more time in CA. so in CA we planning SF and LA. its our first time in West coast and my wife into shopping (hence in LA) and im into sightseeing , city walk , and maybe shows too!

1-would 2 ddays each at SF and LA suitable to see major attractions? if not suggest a split..
      2-the easiest way to reach between both cities and details.. driving is not a viable option maybe since time is short
      3- What to do in both cities given the time constraint and no car rental. I Understand that LA is big and spread out
      4-in case you can help with Vegas stay (what to do , etc), would be happy to hear suggestions, too!

regards

11 Answers Apr 8, 2015 at 9:13 AM
    • Gisella7's Profile Photo

Looking for Advice on Traveling to San Francisco area and Hostels

by Gisella7 Online Now Feb 6, 2015 at 10:19 PM

Where is the safest hostel to stay a week for a single lady traveler to tour the San Francisco Bay area.
      Also anyone know of any group meetups for tours ? Any other female also traveling around March 3rd to SanFrancisco
      let me know. thanks

1 Answer Feb 7, 2015 at 10:24 AM
    • Innominate's Profile Photo

Restaurants and bars in Chinatown

by Innominate Online Now Dec 13, 2014 at 7:35 AM

I will be arriving in San Francisco for the first time on Friday 19 December and staying until Monday 22, and then returning for a full week in mid-January 2015. For the first night I should like to go to Chinatown. Could anyone recommend a restaurant that has great food and atmosphere? And any nice bars? Many thanks in advance.

8 Answers Dec 13, 2014 at 8:33 PM
    • Where should I sit at AT&T Park?

by harry0 Online Now Dec 6, 2014 at 12:48 PM

We're visiting California from The UK next year and will be in SF May 2014. Would love to experience a 'ballgame' - been looking at tickets for AT&T Park (Stubhub) but do not have any idea about where the best place to sit is. We know nothing about baseball - just want to savour the atmosphere and meet some friendly SF people. Any suggestions?
      Also, what would be the best way to get to AT&T Park? We'll have a rental car but is public transport the best? We're staying in near Union Square. Kind Regards

17 Answers Dec 8, 2014 at 10:43 AM
    • What's on in San Francisco?

by ThomasH26 Online Now Dec 1, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Are there any good shows or plays on in San Francisco this week (Dec 1st to 4th)?

5 Answers Dec 2, 2014 at 11:52 AM
    • Help -- Need a Ride!

by rad10m Online Now Nov 20, 2014 at 12:01 PM

From Sonoma to SFO Thanksgiving evening, does anyone have any ride recommendations?

5 Answers Nov 21, 2014 at 7:02 AM
    • Love is the way

by PhilK19 Online Now Nov 9, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Hey Bay Citizens,

A couple of years ago, I walked on your streets and found a concrete base plate with the words "love is the way" carved in it. I think I remember it was around Nob/Russian Hill.
      Next year, I'm planning to visit your city again - this time with my wife and show her the spot. Unfortunately, though, I forgot the exact location.
      Does anyone of you know the place? I'd love to have the exact address.

Thank you all!

Best,
      Phil

5 Answers Nov 9, 2014 at 1:43 PM
    • First time in San Francisco

by Narong Online Now Nov 6, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Hi,

I will be travelling from Thailand to San Francisco in mid Dec 2014. I was wondering if you could advise

1) The best and cheap rental car company
      2) Tour company that have one/two days ski trip to Lake Tahoe and/or Yosemite National Park.
      3) Nice and cool place to visit in SF (I have 7 days free in SF)

Thank you all.

6 Answers Nov 7, 2014 at 6:36 PM
    • Events in San Francisco

by SophiaS.F Online Now Nov 5, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Hi all! Tell me please some site where I can find interesting events in San Francisco.

Thank you!

4 Answers Nov 6, 2014 at 9:31 PM
    • Day Pass Muni

by EvaBozh Online Now Oct 21, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Hi!
      It's my first time that I'm going to SF. So I wanted to ask a few questions.
      Can anyone please tell me where can I buy MUNI day pass and how much does it costs. And if this pass only for buses, metros, or for both.
      Thank you very much.

3 Answers Oct 22, 2014 at 7:36 PM
    • Where to stay?

by sjolson Online Now Oct 7, 2014 at 5:27 AM

At first read; I thought we had decided on Fisherman's Wharf. Then we researched and now I'm thinking possibly Union Square. So....Back to the drawing board. Overall....we will be there for 4 days; we want a nice hotel close to everything with easy access under $300 per night. Recommendations PLEASE!

8 Answers Oct 7, 2014 at 11:11 AM
    • Which is the best area to stay in?

by travelintwo Online Now Oct 3, 2014 at 8:51 PM

HI I'm looking to surprise my boyfriend with a trip to San Fran and I'm looking at b & b's. I'm down to two options I can afford that are available. One in Haight-Ashbury and 1906 Mission. I just did some research on safety and I'm a little concerned.... I know you can't believe everything on the internet, but I have no one to ask, so I'm asking any and all of you? Which area would you recommend please? If neither of the two I mentioned, which one. I can't spend more than about 1000 per week American!

Thanks everyone!
      Smiles to you!

9 Answers Oct 27, 2014 at 8:14 PM
    • BART, from Powell st. station to SFO

by ianhuang Online Now Sep 19, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Yesterday I took the BART from Powell st. station to SFO, just when I was trying to purchase the ticket (which is $8.25) a woman came up to me and asked "Airport?", I replied "Yes", and she showed me some tickets she hold in her hands, I thought she was trying to sell me the extra tickets she had, but I had only a $10 note, just when I was trying to figure out what's going on, the woman, who didn't looked very healthy actually, inserted one of her tickets into the machine and then $1, she pressed some buttons, and all the sudden she handed me the ticket. I didn't know what to do, and then the woman showed me $2 plus some coins to exchange with my $10, and said " I am just trying to save you some money." Somehow I did exchange with her (in fact she asked "Is that OK?" and tried to give me another buck, but I said its OK and didn't take it).
      My question is how does it work? I actually paid less then $8 and the ticket actually worked, I arrived SFO without any problem. I am just curious about it.

3 Answers Sep 20, 2014 at 1:29 PM
    • apbeaches's Profile Photo

Rental Car Ideas

by apbeaches Online Now Sep 6, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Renting a car in San Francisco and driving down the coast for a week appears to be very very expensive. Any suggestions?
      Thanks, Andrea

8 Answers Nov 18, 2014 at 7:26 AM
    • apbeaches's Profile Photo

Driving along the west coast in April

by apbeaches Online Now Sep 6, 2014 at 12:45 PM

We are planning our April vacation along the West Coast. We wanted to fly into LA or San F and drive up or down. Which do you recommend in April?

We've put together a tentative itinerary, does this sound right?

2 days in LA to Venice Beach, Malibu
      1 day in Santa Barbara to Pismo Beach, Solvang, San Luis Obispo,
      1 day at Morro Bay Hearst Castle, Big Sur, Hearst Castle,
      1 day in Monterey to see Cannery Row, Old Town, Point Joe's and Fish Wife Restaurant
      4 days in San Francisco

Any hotel or restaurant recommendations?

Anything else we must see? Is the Winchester House worth going out of our way for or will Hearst be enough?

Thanks in Advance! Andrea

6 Answers Nov 18, 2014 at 4:25 AM
    • Is the area surrounding The Westin Market Street safe?

by MrsWinters Online Now Aug 28, 2014 at 8:07 AM

We will be arriving Sunday aroung 8PM. The plan is to stay at The Westin, eat at Choobang Korean and go to The Saloon for live music. We will not have a car. I amd looking for opinions on these options. I have made no reservation so am open to suggestions.

24 Answers Sep 5, 2014 at 3:20 PM