San Francisco

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• What's on in San Francisco?

by ThomasH26 Online Now Dec 1, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Are there any good shows or plays on in San Francisco this week (Dec 1st to 4th)?

more
    • Innominate's Profile Photo

Restaurants and bars in Chinatown

by Innominate Online Now Dec 13, 2014 at 7:35 AM

I will be arriving in San Francisco for the first time on Friday 19 December and staying until Monday 22, and then returning for a full week in mid-January 2015. For the first night I should like to go to Chinatown. Could anyone recommend a restaurant that has great food and atmosphere? And any nice bars? Many thanks in advance.

more
    • Where should I sit at AT&T Park?

by harry0 Online Now Dec 6, 2014 at 12:48 PM

We're visiting California from The UK next year and will be in SF May 2014. Would love to experience a 'ballgame' - been looking at tickets for AT&T Park (Stubhub) but do not have any idea about where the best place to sit is. We know nothing about baseball - just want to savour the atmosphere and meet some friendly SF people. Any suggestions?
      Also, what would be the best way to get to AT&T Park? We'll have a rental car but is public transport the best? We're staying in near Union Square. Kind Regards

more
    • Innominate's Profile Photo

Restaurants and bars in Chinatown

by Innominate Online Now Dec 13, 2014 at 7:35 AM

I will be arriving in San Francisco for the first time on Friday 19 December and staying until Monday 22, and then returning for a full week in mid-January 2015. For the first night I should like to go to Chinatown. Could anyone recommend a restaurant that has great food and atmosphere? And any nice bars? Many thanks in advance.

8 Answers Dec 13, 2014 at 8:33 PM
    • Where should I sit at AT&T Park?

by harry0 Online Now Dec 6, 2014 at 12:48 PM

We're visiting California from The UK next year and will be in SF May 2014. Would love to experience a 'ballgame' - been looking at tickets for AT&T Park (Stubhub) but do not have any idea about where the best place to sit is. We know nothing about baseball - just want to savour the atmosphere and meet some friendly SF people. Any suggestions?
      Also, what would be the best way to get to AT&T Park? We'll have a rental car but is public transport the best? We're staying in near Union Square. Kind Regards

17 Answers Dec 8, 2014 at 10:43 AM
    • What's on in San Francisco?

by ThomasH26 Online Now Dec 1, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Are there any good shows or plays on in San Francisco this week (Dec 1st to 4th)?

5 Answers Dec 2, 2014 at 11:52 AM
    • Help -- Need a Ride!

by rad10m Online Now Nov 20, 2014 at 12:01 PM

From Sonoma to SFO Thanksgiving evening, does anyone have any ride recommendations?

5 Answers Nov 21, 2014 at 7:02 AM
    • Love is the way

by PhilK19 Online Now Nov 9, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Hey Bay Citizens,

A couple of years ago, I walked on your streets and found a concrete base plate with the words "love is the way" carved in it. I think I remember it was around Nob/Russian Hill.
      Next year, I'm planning to visit your city again - this time with my wife and show her the spot. Unfortunately, though, I forgot the exact location.
      Does anyone of you know the place? I'd love to have the exact address.

Thank you all!

Best,
      Phil

5 Answers Nov 9, 2014 at 1:43 PM
    • First time in San Francisco

by Narong Online Now Nov 6, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Hi,

I will be travelling from Thailand to San Francisco in mid Dec 2014. I was wondering if you could advise

1) The best and cheap rental car company
      2) Tour company that have one/two days ski trip to Lake Tahoe and/or Yosemite National Park.
      3) Nice and cool place to visit in SF (I have 7 days free in SF)

Thank you all.

6 Answers Nov 7, 2014 at 6:36 PM
    • Events in San Francisco

by SophiaS.F Online Now Nov 5, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Hi all! Tell me please some site where I can find interesting events in San Francisco.

Thank you!

4 Answers Nov 6, 2014 at 9:31 PM
    • Day Pass Muni

by EvaBozh Online Now Oct 21, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Hi!
      It's my first time that I'm going to SF. So I wanted to ask a few questions.
      Can anyone please tell me where can I buy MUNI day pass and how much does it costs. And if this pass only for buses, metros, or for both.
      Thank you very much.

3 Answers Oct 22, 2014 at 7:36 PM
    • Where to stay?

by sjolson Online Now Oct 7, 2014 at 5:27 AM

At first read; I thought we had decided on Fisherman's Wharf. Then we researched and now I'm thinking possibly Union Square. So....Back to the drawing board. Overall....we will be there for 4 days; we want a nice hotel close to everything with easy access under $300 per night. Recommendations PLEASE!

8 Answers Oct 7, 2014 at 11:11 AM
    • Which is the best area to stay in?

by travelintwo Online Now Oct 3, 2014 at 8:51 PM

HI I'm looking to surprise my boyfriend with a trip to San Fran and I'm looking at b & b's. I'm down to two options I can afford that are available. One in Haight-Ashbury and 1906 Mission. I just did some research on safety and I'm a little concerned.... I know you can't believe everything on the internet, but I have no one to ask, so I'm asking any and all of you? Which area would you recommend please? If neither of the two I mentioned, which one. I can't spend more than about 1000 per week American!

Thanks everyone!
      Smiles to you!

9 Answers Oct 27, 2014 at 8:14 PM
    • BART, from Powell st. station to SFO

by ianhuang Online Now Sep 19, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Yesterday I took the BART from Powell st. station to SFO, just when I was trying to purchase the ticket (which is $8.25) a woman came up to me and asked "Airport?", I replied "Yes", and she showed me some tickets she hold in her hands, I thought she was trying to sell me the extra tickets she had, but I had only a $10 note, just when I was trying to figure out what's going on, the woman, who didn't looked very healthy actually, inserted one of her tickets into the machine and then $1, she pressed some buttons, and all the sudden she handed me the ticket. I didn't know what to do, and then the woman showed me $2 plus some coins to exchange with my $10, and said " I am just trying to save you some money." Somehow I did exchange with her (in fact she asked "Is that OK?" and tried to give me another buck, but I said its OK and didn't take it).
      My question is how does it work? I actually paid less then $8 and the ticket actually worked, I arrived SFO without any problem. I am just curious about it.

3 Answers Sep 20, 2014 at 1:29 PM
    • apbeaches's Profile Photo

Rental Car Ideas

by apbeaches Online Now Sep 6, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Renting a car in San Francisco and driving down the coast for a week appears to be very very expensive. Any suggestions?
      Thanks, Andrea

8 Answers Nov 18, 2014 at 7:26 AM
    • apbeaches's Profile Photo

Driving along the west coast in April

by apbeaches Online Now Sep 6, 2014 at 12:45 PM

We are planning our April vacation along the West Coast. We wanted to fly into LA or San F and drive up or down. Which do you recommend in April?

We've put together a tentative itinerary, does this sound right?

2 days in LA to Venice Beach, Malibu
      1 day in Santa Barbara to Pismo Beach, Solvang, San Luis Obispo,
      1 day at Morro Bay Hearst Castle, Big Sur, Hearst Castle,
      1 day in Monterey to see Cannery Row, Old Town, Point Joe's and Fish Wife Restaurant
      4 days in San Francisco

Any hotel or restaurant recommendations?

Anything else we must see? Is the Winchester House worth going out of our way for or will Hearst be enough?

Thanks in Advance! Andrea

6 Answers Nov 18, 2014 at 4:25 AM
    • Is the area surrounding The Westin Market Street safe?

by MrsWinters Online Now Aug 28, 2014 at 8:07 AM

We will be arriving Sunday aroung 8PM. The plan is to stay at The Westin, eat at Choobang Korean and go to The Saloon for live music. We will not have a car. I amd looking for opinions on these options. I have made no reservation so am open to suggestions.

24 Answers Sep 5, 2014 at 3:20 PM
    • earthquake san francisco

by stefangelo2014 Online Now Aug 26, 2014 at 5:29 AM

someone has kindly news of the earthquake in san francisco? should be there from 31 August to 3 September and are anxious. thank you very much to those who answer

4 Answers Aug 27, 2014 at 7:16 PM
    • hearthquake san francisco

by stefangelo2014 Online Now Aug 26, 2014 at 2:42 AM

Hello everyone, I'm an Italian tourist, and from 31 August to 3 September I will be in san francisco. However, I read about the earthquake and I do not know whether to go or not. can you give me information about it? thanks to those who respond.

9 Answers Aug 30, 2014 at 11:26 PM
    • Taxis from Davies concert hall

by globalmaestro Online Now Aug 20, 2014 at 5:48 AM

Hi all,
      To return to Union Square after an evening concert at Davies Symphony Hall, would a taxi be best? Or Bart or muni?
      Alternatively I could choose an early afternoon concert and walk back, perhaps?
      Thanks,
      GM

5 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 7:06 PM
    • san francisco - solo traveller

by mavistee Online Now Aug 18, 2014 at 7:44 AM

hi two questions - i am travelling to san francisco on my own in start of September
      what will the weather be like
      where can i get a list of hotels (small and reasonable priced near union square
      i want to stay in the centre alot that i am looking at are very expensive

9 Answers Aug 20, 2014 at 7:22 AM
    • Can you bring a suitcase on the ferry from San Francisco to Vallejo?

by ehillard Online Now Aug 15, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Does the San Francisco ferry allow suitcases?

5 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 4:34 PM
    • Cheap good eats in San Francisco

by Sunsparkjr Online Now Aug 12, 2014 at 5:41 AM

I'll be in SF for only a few days in September at a conference and would like to take advantage of blocks of time mid day. I'm looking for really good street/take-away food for lunch just about anywhere in the city center, between the bridges - Market Street to Golden Gate generally. I have about 2 hours to wander around like a tourist and would prefer to eat (fairly well) and run. Any suggestions for Mex, Chinese, Italian, local ... would be appreciated. Lunch is my "feature" meal of the day since I will be captive to a bunch of sharks - er vendors - in the evening. Thanks!

10 Answers Aug 15, 2014 at 5:32 PM
    • San Franscisco

by lisaliringis Online Now Aug 10, 2014 at 7:23 AM

What is the name of the B&B that is across street from Buena Vista Café. Someone recommended it but can't remember the name. I don't want to stay at a chain hotel.
      I have booked a place in the Marina area starting August 26 but need a place for August 25th.

It is our anniversary - booked our travel for arrival Aug 26 then had the opportunity to come one day earlier - but our place is not available for the 25th.

Another problem we booked a tour that leaves out of Union Square at 10am August 26th - what do we do with our luggage??

5 Answers Aug 10, 2014 at 11:40 AM
    • Choosing an area to stay in San Francisco

by globalmaestro Online Now Aug 6, 2014 at 10:57 PM

I'm trying to decide where to stay on my first visit to SF. These areas are listed in the hotel booking portals. Any recommendations as to which area is ideal for a 1-week stay, first time visitor?!
      1. Civic Center
      2. Financial District - Ferry Building
      3. Fisherman's Wharf
      4 Marina District
      5. South of Market
      6. Union Square

Many thanks for any advice!
      GM.

15 Answers Aug 8, 2014 at 9:10 AM
    • Airport & fog

by globalmaestro Online Now Aug 3, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Hi,
      I've heard that San Francisco can get foggy. Should I allow for delays in flying in and out of SF airport during early September?
      Thanks,
      GM.

6 Answers Aug 19, 2014 at 3:12 PM
    • besbel's Profile Photo

The Opal and Tenderloin area

by besbel Online Now Jul 30, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Dear all,
      Going to San Francisco on Aug.16 with my mother. I just booked a hotel named The Opal (corner of Van Ness and Geary), but now I am having second thoughts after reading some reviews of the area, which is in the Tenderloin and regarded as unsafe. Is that true? How "unsafe" it is? Can I go around during day and night? Since I'm going with my mother I want to make sure everything is fine. In case you wouldn't recommend the location, which zone/hotel would you suggest in Union Square?
      Your advice is truly appreciated.
      Thank you

5 Answers Jul 31, 2014 at 11:35 PM
    • Nabso's Profile Photo

Night life

by Nabso Online Now Jul 25, 2014 at 5:04 AM

I am heading down to San Fransisco, driving to LA and then from LA to Vegas. What all is there to do there? How is the night life? I am on vacation and would love some local help to find out the right places! Cheers

7 Answers Jul 30, 2014 at 5:16 PM
    • llauraa's Profile Photo

Good areas to live around San Fran?

by llauraa Online Now Jun 14, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Hi all, travelling to San Fran at some point in next 12 months for work. Looking for short term rental 2-4 months. Only been there once and never lived there so was wondering if locals or visitors had thoughts on certain areas to rent & live in? Def can't afford the city central, even with work subsidies - any I may tack on 4 weeks holiday at end which I will need to pay for myself. SOOOO...Richmond, good / bad / don't even think about? Oakland ?? prefer north/ northwest of city as I wont have a car and imagine myself heading up to Petaluma & wine country quite regularly :) Any tips or recommendations on decent, SAFE, neighbourhoods would be highly appreciated. I don't care if not super hip or trendy, or 'going out' type areas - although areas with decent restaurants would be nice. Thanking you for your time in advance

11 Answers Jul 27, 2014 at 2:27 PM
    • promo code for hotels in San Fran

by Uwaprowrestling Online Now Jun 14, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Looking for promo code for hotel in San Fran
      Around union square, or Fishermens wharf
      The Western st Francis or the he Radisson Fishermens wharf would be great

3 Answers Jul 5, 2014 at 7:36 PM
    • tourist trap or not?

by douglas2015 Online Now Jun 1, 2014 at 1:27 PM

is the Ghirardelli square worth going to or is it a tourist trap?

9 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 12:30 AM
    • Using BART for a week

by blinder76 Online Now May 27, 2014 at 8:18 AM

I'm bringing a group of youth down to SF for an Urban Adventure and will solely be using BART to get around the city Does anyone have any suggestions as to how much this will cost (per person) for a five days of using BART?

All are under 17, but older than the "child" ticket. Thanks!

8 Answers Jun 1, 2014 at 4:37 PM
    • Traveling for our honeymoon 6/8-6/15

by acfields123 Online Now May 21, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Hi, I am traveling to San Francisco for my honeymoon (spending two days in Napa Valley) this June. We are so looking forward to the trip and I was wondering if anyone could look over my "things to do" and give suggestions on if these things are closer or if other things are better to do on different days. I am open to any ideas and new things to do too!

Sunday- we arrive at 11am and were going to take the BART from the airport into Town. We are staying at the World Mark hotel. I was hoping we would go to the visitor center by Fishermans Wharf to get some maps of the town. I thought it would be best if we took the Hop on Hop off buss around the city.

Monday- We have our tour for Alcatraz booked and we're the first ferry out! I thought when we came back it would be good to do Fishermans Wharf (get a bread bowl maybe), Lombard Street, Coit Tower, Telegraph Hill and North Beach

Tuesday- We leave at 8am to go Napa valley (we're actually staying in Yountville). Any ideas on wineries along the way?

Wednesday- We were planning on going to wineries. Is it best to go on a tour or would going by ourselves be just as good?

Thursday- We are going to stop at Muir woods on our way back to San Francisco. I thought in the evening after dinner we can walk Embarcadero (heard it was really pretty at night)

Friday- 11am fishermans wharf free tour, Golden Gate Park, Haight Ashbury, Alamo Square

Saturday- 10 am China Town tour, fortune cookie factory, cable car museum, ferry building

Any input or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated! I am open to changing plans to it things are better to do and see in San Francisco! Thank you in advice for al your help, we are so looking forward to spending our honeymoon there.

11 Answers Jun 2, 2014 at 1:21 AM