Samothraki Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Antique furniture

Rhodes (Island) Oct 1, 2015 at 1:34 PM

I am looking to furnish a house in Rhodes with antique furniture. What I am looking for is traditional Greek island wooden sofas, rush taverna chairs, and old wooden table, wardrobe etc. Does anyone know if there are markets for this kind of thing, or second hand furniture and antique shops? Thank you.

• Greek itinerary

Greece Sep 21, 2015 at 12:53 PM

We are 60ish couple and like slow travel. This will be our first time in Greece, 4.5 weeks in spring 2016. We will spend a few days in Athens and then the rest of the time in the Peloponnese. We like to hike and also explore history/art/food/nature. We usually rent an apartment or house for 1-2 weeks and then do day trips from there.

My question is where to situate ourselves on the Peloponnese and what islands to go to if any? I was looking at Poros, Elafonissos, or????? I thought easier to get to an island closer to the Peloponnese rather than try to get to Santorini? Suggestions would be great! We will rent a car.

• car rental in Santorini

Santorini Island Sep 15, 2015 at 1:58 PM

Is it possible to rent a car at the port in santorini without ordering in advance? Since I don't know the exact day, but it will be 1st week of October. will it be more expensive?

• Rachel972's Profile Photo

Greece Sep 14, 2015 at 11:36 PM

We've been there twice, driving down the mountain from the west. We saw the beginning of the road going north to Zakros, it wasn't asphalted. Do you know this road? A non asphalted and not well kept road can be broken up, especially when it crosses creeks.

Of course we'll ask at the place, but we'll get the replies of people experienced in driving this road, and maybe with jeeps.

• Credit card or cash?

Andros Island Oct 10, 2015 at 12:49 AM

Are credit cards widely accepted on Andros?

• Tour in Katakolon needed

Katakolon Oct 7, 2015 at 5:39 AM

Our cruise is arriving into Katakolon tomorrow Oct 8th,2015. There are 6 of us and we would like to have a personal tour guide there. Any options? Please respond to

• What Sun cream factor for Rhodes in July

Rhodes (Island) Sep 27, 2015 at 10:23 AM

What factor sun cream should i buy for a july holiday for adults and also for a 3 year old

• Bus vs. Car Rental

Athens Oct 1, 2015 at 9:32 AM

We will be traveling to Santorini Greece in July, 2016. I've been doing a lot of reading on using the bus system vs. renting a car and would like some guidance. I hear the buses are at full capacity during this very high tourist season, but I also hear that finding parking can be very difficult. We want to see many of the usual sights in Santorini including the beaches, ancient sights, old churches, etc. What do you suggest for transportation while we're there? If anyone recommends a rental car, do you have any tips for how to find parking at the various destinations? When we traveled to Italy, I found that we could reserve and pay ahead for parking in their parking garages in Rome where available parking is very rare. Thanks for your help!

• Making a connecting flight

Athens Sep 30, 2015 at 6:30 PM

Although I see someone who asked about making a connecting flight within the two hours they have between flights, I am asking if it is possible to make a connection if coming in to Athens on an international flight arriving 9:05 AM and taking the 10:15 AM flight on Aegean Airlines to Santorini. We will be traveling mid July 2016. The next available flight to Santorini is 1:15 pm.

• Taxi from Port- Piraeus

Greece Sep 24, 2015 at 5:29 AM

Searched web but was not able to find the answer.

Is the taxi fare from Port to city center fixed like it is from airport.

I arrive at the port via blue star ferry at 11:25 pm.

If not fixed, any idea on the fare at around mid night.

• maviyam's Profile Photo

A group transportaion from Piraeus to Athens and back

Piraeus Sep 16, 2015 at 9:11 AM

We are a group of 12 people come to Piraeus on October 1 on a cruise. Is there any possibility to get a ride from the pier at port to Athens for the group without reservations.

• o_henna's Profile Photo

Visiting santorini

Santorini Island Oct 2, 2015 at 6:18 AM

We are three friends visiting Crete (3 days)- santorini not ( 2 days) - Mykonos ( one and half day) - Paros ( 2 days)
      Please suggest if this is a good itinerary or should we make any changes. We are somewhat on a budget, so please give us guidance as where all to go and is it possible to have one bike for the three of us ....we are safe drivers and petite.

Near Samothraki Island

• camping sites

by nir.greece Online Now Jun 20, 2014 at 5:24 AM

Where can we camp in samothraki ?

2 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 5:39 AM
    • Ferries to Samothraki from Limnos or Mitilini

by wesma Online Now May 23, 2009 at 6:51 AM

Hello everyone!
      I'm planning an island hopping trip from Rhodes to Alexandroupolis in August and unexpectingly came across a problem with ferries to Samothraki. It seems that there are no ferries to Samothraki from neighbouring islands like Mitilini (Lesvos) or Limnos (at least they are not seen on the webpages on the major ferry companies). On the other hand, Lonely Planet and other tourist guidebooks mention that these ferry connections do exist. Can anyone clarify what's going on with the ferries in this part of the world and where the information on timetables can be obtained? Thank you!

2 Answers May 23, 2009 at 12:15 PM
    • gwendar's Profile Photo

by gwendar Online Now Dec 1, 2007 at 4:12 PM

hi there fellow travelers, can anyone recomend any hotels on the island.have tried to e mail a few, but as yet have had no joy thanks peter.

1 Answer Dec 2, 2007 at 1:49 AM
    • Windmiller's Profile Photo

by Windmiller Online Now May 25, 2005 at 3:02 PM

I will travel to Northern Greece including Samothraki in July and would like to have general info on the island I hear free camping is easy there and nature is wild and beautiful with large forests,hotsprings and waterfalls.

Also looking for possible fellow travel companions or free campers.

3 Answers May 27, 2005 at 2:42 PM
    • best way to get there

by Abbiegail Online Now Jul 31, 2003 at 3:10 PM

i am arriving in athens on the 24 i need details on the best way to get to the samothraki island and the cheapest way too. i am hoping to go to Crete after aswell so any information on that would be loved