Near Samothraki Island

• camping sites

by nir.greece Online Now Jun 20, 2014 at 5:24 AM

Where can we camp in samothraki ?

2 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 5:39 AM
    • Ferries to Samothraki from Limnos or Mitilini

by wesma Online Now May 23, 2009 at 6:51 AM

Hello everyone!
      I'm planning an island hopping trip from Rhodes to Alexandroupolis in August and unexpectingly came across a problem with ferries to Samothraki. It seems that there are no ferries to Samothraki from neighbouring islands like Mitilini (Lesvos) or Limnos (at least they are not seen on the webpages on the major ferry companies). On the other hand, Lonely Planet and other tourist guidebooks mention that these ferry connections do exist. Can anyone clarify what's going on with the ferries in this part of the world and where the information on timetables can be obtained? Thank you!

2 Answers May 23, 2009 at 12:15 PM
    • gwendar's Profile Photo

hotels

by gwendar Online Now Dec 1, 2007 at 4:12 PM

hi there fellow travelers, can anyone recomend any hotels on the island.have tried to e mail a few, but as yet have had no joy thanks peter.

1 Answer Dec 2, 2007 at 1:49 AM
    • Windmiller's Profile Photo

Samothraki

by Windmiller Online Now May 25, 2005 at 3:02 PM

I will travel to Northern Greece including Samothraki in July and would like to have general info on the island I hear free camping is easy there and nature is wild and beautiful with large forests,hotsprings and waterfalls.

Also looking for possible fellow travel companions or free campers.

3 Answers May 27, 2005 at 2:42 PM
    • best way to get there

by Abbiegail Online Now Jul 31, 2003 at 3:10 PM

i am arriving in athens on the 24 i need details on the best way to get to the samothraki island and the cheapest way too. i am hoping to go to Crete after aswell so any information on that would be loved