Samos

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Itinerary help?

by marijkeo Online Now Aug 18, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Can someone suggest a two or three night itinerary on Samos? We will arrive by ferry from Turkey (Kusudasi) in early October. We usually prefer to avoid larger cities and we can rent a car. Any help will be appreciated!! THANK YOU!

2 Answers Aug 19, 2013 at 7:42 PM
    • Kokkai

by pavlos63 Online Now May 27, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Hello, going for 3 weeks to kokkari samos. Want to know if there are enough good restaurants and bars in the village. Who has good tips.

Pavlos

6 Answers May 28, 2013 at 12:01 AM
    • AltanD's Profile Photo

Fournoi

by AltanD Online Now Aug 22, 2012 at 6:49 AM

i can't find any information that from where and when ships departure from samos to fornoi. pls help ...

5 Answers Aug 23, 2012 at 4:31 AM
    • Samos Excursions Tours

by Bahamabreeze Online Now Dec 30, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Planning to visit samos in spring 2012, I have been looking for either a half day or full day bus tour of the island. I have not had much joy in finding half day tours. Your recommendations are much appreciated.

5 Answers Jan 24, 2012 at 3:00 AM
    • Samos - Mykonos Ferry October Schedule

by leeliauw Online Now Sep 10, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a ferry on October 4 (Tuesday) from Samos to Mykonos. I kept on checking Greekferries.gr website, but it looks like they only have it till the last Tuesday in September. I am so worried because Oct.4 is less than 4 weeks away and I am now suspicious that maybe there is no ferry.
      I don't know whether to continue to wait not knowing if the schedule is published later or there is just no ferry, in which case, I should change my itinerary.

If anyone of you know what the situation is is, please help me out with the info.

2 Answers Sep 27, 2011 at 2:51 AM
    • ferry to santorini

by miklik Online Now Dec 13, 2010 at 11:26 AM

anyone know if there is a cnnection to naxos or santorini?
      also, how long is it from pirues to samos?
      could i get an overnight, with a cabin?
      thanks,
      m.

6 Answers Dec 14, 2010 at 2:13 AM
    • samos to turkish islands

by miklik Online Now Dec 13, 2010 at 10:36 AM

i'm thinking of also visiting a turkish island. any ideas on that?
      any ferries from athens? samos?
      thanks,
      m.

2 Answers Dec 14, 2010 at 2:07 AM
    • Samos Wine Festival 2010

by neelablais Online Now Jul 2, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Hello Does anyone know the dates for the Samos Wine Festival for 2010?
      Thanks

2 Answers Jul 2, 2010 at 6:21 PM
    • jooleroo's Profile Photo

Samos Airport

by jooleroo Online Now Mar 7, 2010 at 6:33 AM

Hi

Does anyone know how far it is from the Port Pythagoria to the airport and are there lots of buses or would I need to get a taxi. My ferry gets in at 12.55 and flight goes at 15.25.

thanks

4 Answers Mar 8, 2010 at 10:31 AM
    • distance from Samos to Kusadasi

by busma Online Now Feb 22, 2010 at 6:00 PM

What is the distance between Samos and Kusadasi, how long does it take via ferry? what port does one leaves from when going to Kusadasi? and one last question. How far is the airport from the port.

• Ferries NOW - end October, beginning November - Samos- Kusadasi-Kos

by jeanfinney Online Now Oct 22, 2009 at 5:47 AM

HI - My original plan was to go to Kos - I am currently in Greece - then take the ferry to Samos and from there go to Kusadasi and continue up to Istanbul by bys - I am told there are no longer ferries between Kos and Samos in this season, by an agent for the grand lines -Are there local services? Are there ferries between Kusadasi-Samos? If there are no ferries between Kos and Samos I might have to go inland to Bodrum, up to Kusadasi then on to Samos - Thank you for your help - Jean

14 Answers Oct 31, 2009 at 12:58 PM
    • route from samos

by gozdekoksal Online Now Apr 22, 2009 at 5:03 AM

Hi!!! I have a few questions:)
      We are planning to visit the greek islands in June, 2009. The starting point is Samos. We want to spend 1 week in the islands, the two islands we want to visit are Mykonos & Santorini. The greek ferries havent declared their timetables yet:(
      1. From Samos what kind of a route should we plan?
      2. How many days in which island? Which other islands (on our way) worth seeing?
      3. Are there any restaurants & pensions (not expensive) that you can reccomend?
      4. Should we book on line or is arriving on the island and finding a place to stay better?
      5. Approximately how much the hotels, ferries and lunch/dinners cost?
      6. Is night life expensive?
      7. any other tips?

• Ferry from Piraeus to Samos?

by wagthedog1 Online Now Jun 19, 2008 at 7:30 AM

Hi -I am trying to book a ferry from Piraeus to Samos via the web, but no matter what site I use, I cannot find Samos under destination options. Is it known by any other name? Is it impossible to get there from Piraeus?

We are seeking an overnight ferry with quarters...

Thanks!

3 Answers Aug 29, 2008 at 10:53 PM
    • Tourists in Samos? Nationality, ages?

by wind001 Online Now Apr 25, 2008 at 12:13 PM

From which country are the tourists that go in Samos? Is it a destinations for youngs 25-30 years old?

1 Answer Apr 26, 2008 at 2:00 AM
    • Samos Nightlife?

by wind001 Online Now Apr 25, 2008 at 12:10 PM

What is the situation about the nightlife in Samos?

2 Answers Apr 30, 2008 at 8:02 AM
    • Samos to Kusadasi on MARCH???

by coppelia00 Online Now Jan 30, 2008 at 10:24 AM

I trying to find a way of getting to Turkey from Samos. I know there are some ferries from May to October, but I need it for March. Is there any alternative? Do you think I could reach an agreement with a local owner of a boat to take me there? Is this common?

Thanks in advance

1 Answer Jan 30, 2008 at 11:13 AM
    • Samos ferry to Kusadasi

by 1corky Online Now Aug 18, 2007 at 7:00 PM

Hello all - Flying into Samos Sept 13 arrive 16:05 - ferry to Kusadasi leaves at 17:00.
      Several questions- is it possible to get a taxi at Samos airport and make it to the ferry? Appears to be several sites to purchase ferry tickets but ISTA travel seems to be the major source? What is the cost and how long does it take to process out of Samos? Can not find a web site for ISTA. Can ferry tickets be purchased in advance?
      Any advice or recommendations would be welcome.
      Thanks

3 Answers Aug 19, 2007 at 9:16 AM
    • z1ppee's Profile Photo

Music festival Pagondas

by z1ppee Online Now May 22, 2007 at 11:01 AM

I'm going to Samos on Thursday, can't wait!!! Am I right in thinking that Samos has a music festival in Pagondas this bank holiday weekend? Which day(s) is it on?
      Also is the weather likely to be sunshine/showers over the next week or so, I've seen some bad predictions on the internet lately.

1 Answer May 22, 2007 at 1:18 PM
    • vtveen's Profile Photo

Hotel or pension ....in Pythagorion

by vtveen Online Now May 7, 2007 at 4:15 AM

I have already looked on the VT-Travelguide about Samos, but couldn't find an appropriate hotel or pension in Pythagorion.
      Who knows a hidden gem (pension or small hotel) ??
      If possible with website and/or email.

1 Answer May 7, 2007 at 4:34 AM
    • Wine Festival

by halkidiki Online Now Apr 13, 2007 at 3:52 AM

Can someone please give exact date of the wine festival held in Samos Town, I know its some time in August but which dates ????

• Sailing dinghys for hire?

by rwallond Online Now Mar 11, 2007 at 8:25 AM

Hi there

Does anyone rent out sailing dinghys on Samos? If so who, where and how much.

Any replies very much appreciated!

• Getting from Samos to Athens or Mykonos

by lxkd Online Now Jan 17, 2007 at 10:52 PM

Hi! We need to get from Kusadasi in Izmir to either Mykonos or Athens in April this year. So far we have only been able to find a (rather expensive!) ferry that goes from Kusadasi to Samos. A couple of questions:

1) From Samos is there any ferry that we can take to get to Mykonos or Athens? So far none of the major ferry websites like http://www.ferries.gr/ and http://www.greekferries.gr/ seem to have such an option. In fact, how DOES one get out of Samos by ferry to any of the other major Greek islands? Is Samos being listed under another name on the websites?

2) Alternatively, is there any ferry that goes straight from Kusadasi to Mykonos or Athens (or any other major Greek island)?

Being able to book the tickets online or at least book in advance would be a great plus. Thanks in advance for the help! Really appreciated.

warm regards
      lxkd

2 Answers Jan 19, 2007 at 11:09 AM
    • Gym

by AngelaStanway Online Now Jan 17, 2007 at 11:08 AM

Hello
      Is there a gym in samos town?

1 Answer Jan 17, 2007 at 11:58 AM
    • vtveen's Profile Photo

Samos - Patmos ferry in May

by vtveen Online Now Jan 14, 2007 at 12:03 PM

We intend to stay in Samos and Patmos, starting mid May 2007.
      We have to fly into Samos and to take a ferry (or hydrofoil) to Patmos.

Who can help with information about the schedules in May and where to find more information (website ??).

3 Answers Mar 14, 2007 at 9:43 PM
    • Cheap accommodation in Samos/ Island hopping

by breenalison Online Now Jul 29, 2006 at 4:26 AM

We are two women who have a flight to Samos in August but haven't booked any accommodation yet. We will probably spend the first two nights and last night in Samos but we would love to visit other islands too. Neither of us have been to Greece so would appreciate any information please. Would we have trouble getting accommodation on any of the Isands, we are not too fussy and don't want to spend much? Where should we go, is it safe, etc.
      Any ideas would be great,
      Thanks
      Alison

4 Answers Jul 31, 2006 at 1:44 PM
    • Christine123's Profile Photo

Where is it

by Christine123 Online Now Jul 7, 2006 at 6:54 AM

The photo of the steep climb up to a Cave. Where is this ? It looks stunning.

1 Answer Jul 8, 2006 at 2:27 PM
    • Pythagorion/Airport

by NBUK Online Now Jan 31, 2006 at 6:09 AM

Hi,
      I am thinking of booking a holiday in Pythagorion, but the travel brochure says that there may be some noise from the airport.
      Is it really much of a problem? I can't imagine there would be that many flights.
      Thanks,

5 Answers May 15, 2006 at 5:56 AM
    • z1ppee's Profile Photo

Pythagorion/Anthis appts

by z1ppee Online Now Aug 12, 2005 at 12:40 PM

Going to Samos 18 Aug 05, Any recommended things to do or see whilst we are there? Would appreciate any opinions on Anthis apartments & Pythagorion in general. Are there any especially good tavernas & cocktail bars that we should visit?
      All comments gratefully received.

4 Answers Aug 14, 2005 at 11:17 AM
    • samos HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by neil2000 Online Now Jan 2, 2005 at 4:51 AM

Hi too all and a happy new year. Me and my wife Debbie, are going to Samos for 2 weeks in June and would like some advise were to stay. We won't be hireing a car and the beach is not a main priority for us ( only had one day on the beach in santorini last year) we like to get out and about useing local transport , the other thing is that we love Greek food. so looking at the holiday brochure, SAMOS TOWN at the HOTEL INO VILLAGE or SAMOS HOTEL in the town?? or stay in the resort of PYTHAGORION. At HYDRELE BEACH VILLAGE, KASTELLI HOTEL,

1 Answer Sep 16, 2007 at 1:36 AM
    • Schipe's Profile Photo

Searching for a web address or email address

by Schipe Online Now Oct 8, 2004 at 2:37 PM

Hallo, I´m looking for the email address or the webpage for the hospital of Samos City? Can some1 help me? c u Peter

1 Answer Oct 8, 2004 at 6:04 PM