change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• JoanTowles's Profile Photo

Attending Mass

by JoanTowles Online Now Jun 28, 2014 at 9:44 PM

What time is Mass celebrated at Saint Peter's Cathedral Salzburg, Austria?

more
    • GETTING AROUND

by AliciaV Online Now Jun 28, 2014 at 7:08 AM

I have 3-4 days to spend in Salzburg.

1. Any suggestions on reasonably priced hotels near the main train station? I want to be close to transportation (train/busses)
      2. I was planning on doing the Hohenwefen fortress, mirabell gardens, mozart house, schools leopldskron. can i get to all of these with public transportation or should i buy a pass on those hop on hop off tourist busses? I want to be as economical as possible. Also, with these attractions in mind, is it worth for me to buy that pass everyone says allows free access to some of the attractions?
      3. I want to visit the Werfen ice caves. How far is this? Should I take a day tour or should I go by public transportation on my own?
      4. Hallstatt- by bus or train? or should I take a tour there?
      5. Having all these things in mind, should I go back to Salzburg or should I stay in Werfen/Hallstatt? I am leaving to Budapest after Salzburg. Hotels seem to be very expensive in Salzburg.

I don't want to do the typical tourist tours. I want to take a run early in the morning around town, hike, bike around the city, take a dip on a lake if possible, have a picnic somewhere around nature. Any suggestions?!

more
    • Parking Motorhome at Salzburg Airport

by kUsher Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Is there anywhere near to Salzburg airport where we could park our motorhome and leave it for 2 weeks in February while we fly back to the UK?

more

Attending Mass

by JoanTowles Online Now Jun 28, 2014 at 9:40 PM

What time is Mass celebrated?

more
    • Parking in Salzburg

by panda222 Online Now Jul 13, 2014 at 2:29 AM

Where is the best place to park in Salzburg - we are staying in town for 4 days.
      Thank you

more
    • Accomodation in Salzburg

by lacaixaquepujaibaixa Online Now Jul 11, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Hi! I'm going to Salzburg last week of july, and I need somewhere cheap to sleep. I have found a camping which is 8 km far from Salzburg, near Koppl, it's cheap and I like it. But I have a problem, because I have no car (not driving license), and I will move in public transport. Can anyone please tell me if there is a bus line between Koppl and Salzburg?

more
    • Salzburg-Gmunden-Budapest

by Ityaadi Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 12:57 AM

Hi,

My wife and I are planning to visit Salzburg from 4th to 7th of July and travel to Budapest from there. We would also like to travel to Gmunden to visit the Thomas Bernhard Haus.

I would like to know the following information about the the best way to travel to Gmunden and Budapest in the following two scenarios. We are on a budget and cannot afford a taxi.

1) We travel to Gmunden from Salzburg on Sunday morning and stay at Gmunden for a night and travel to Budapest from there on Monday morning. Are there buses? Is this too compliacted?

2) We make a day trip to Gmunden on Saturday and travel to Budapest on Monday from Salzburg.

Also, do you have any information if Thomas Bernhard Haus is open on Sunday?

Thank you so much.

more
    • Sound of Music Tour

by AlvinWan Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 12:56 AM

If I have 4 hours from 8am to 12pm to visit the Sound of Music locations in Salzburg, can anyone advise me on the draft itinerary, where I can forward to my Van driver for them to check out the locations in advance.
      Thanks & Regards Alvin

more
    • Parking in Salzburg

by panda222 Online Now Jul 13, 2014 at 2:29 AM

Where is the best place to park in Salzburg - we are staying in town for 4 days.
      Thank you

4 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 11:46 PM
    • Accomodation in Salzburg

by lacaixaquepujaibaixa Online Now Jul 11, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Hi! I'm going to Salzburg last week of july, and I need somewhere cheap to sleep. I have found a camping which is 8 km far from Salzburg, near Koppl, it's cheap and I like it. But I have a problem, because I have no car (not driving license), and I will move in public transport. Can anyone please tell me if there is a bus line between Koppl and Salzburg?

4 Answers Jul 12, 2014 at 1:41 PM
    • Salzburg-Gmunden-Budapest

by Ityaadi Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 12:57 AM

Hi,

My wife and I are planning to visit Salzburg from 4th to 7th of July and travel to Budapest from there. We would also like to travel to Gmunden to visit the Thomas Bernhard Haus.

I would like to know the following information about the the best way to travel to Gmunden and Budapest in the following two scenarios. We are on a budget and cannot afford a taxi.

1) We travel to Gmunden from Salzburg on Sunday morning and stay at Gmunden for a night and travel to Budapest from there on Monday morning. Are there buses? Is this too compliacted?

2) We make a day trip to Gmunden on Saturday and travel to Budapest on Monday from Salzburg.

Also, do you have any information if Thomas Bernhard Haus is open on Sunday?

Thank you so much.

4 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Attending Mass

by JoanTowles Online Now Jun 28, 2014 at 9:44 PM

What time is Mass celebrated at Saint Peter's Cathedral Salzburg, Austria?

1 Answer Jun 29, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Attending Mass

by JoanTowles Online Now Jun 28, 2014 at 9:40 PM

What time is Mass celebrated?

3 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 10:33 AM
    • GETTING AROUND

by AliciaV Online Now Jun 28, 2014 at 7:08 AM

I have 3-4 days to spend in Salzburg.

1. Any suggestions on reasonably priced hotels near the main train station? I want to be close to transportation (train/busses)
      2. I was planning on doing the Hohenwefen fortress, mirabell gardens, mozart house, schools leopldskron. can i get to all of these with public transportation or should i buy a pass on those hop on hop off tourist busses? I want to be as economical as possible. Also, with these attractions in mind, is it worth for me to buy that pass everyone says allows free access to some of the attractions?
      3. I want to visit the Werfen ice caves. How far is this? Should I take a day tour or should I go by public transportation on my own?
      4. Hallstatt- by bus or train? or should I take a tour there?
      5. Having all these things in mind, should I go back to Salzburg or should I stay in Werfen/Hallstatt? I am leaving to Budapest after Salzburg. Hotels seem to be very expensive in Salzburg.

I don't want to do the typical tourist tours. I want to take a run early in the morning around town, hike, bike around the city, take a dip on a lake if possible, have a picnic somewhere around nature. Any suggestions?!

2 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 4:44 AM
    • Sound of Music Tour

by AlvinWan Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 12:56 AM

If I have 4 hours from 8am to 12pm to visit the Sound of Music locations in Salzburg, can anyone advise me on the draft itinerary, where I can forward to my Van driver for them to check out the locations in advance.
      Thanks & Regards Alvin

4 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 1:05 PM
    • Parking Motorhome at Salzburg Airport

by kUsher Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Is there anywhere near to Salzburg airport where we could park our motorhome and leave it for 2 weeks in February while we fly back to the UK?

2 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 10:53 AM
    • cubeinthesky's Profile Photo

24 hours in Salzburg

by cubeinthesky Online Now Jun 13, 2014 at 6:44 AM

Hi there!
      My friend and I will have exactly 24 hours to be in Salzburg (A Saturday at noon till Sunday at about noon). What are the absolute must sees? (Don't have enough time to spend on possible duds) and then where to go out at night where the locals go?

11 Answers Jun 13, 2014 at 2:27 PM
    • Bus Travel

by Salliroberts Online Now Jun 8, 2014 at 6:47 PM

I would like your opinion on bus travel or a private tour. We are a party of 5 adults & 5 children traveling from Salzburg to the Lake Wolfgang area to visit St Gilgen, St Wolfgang & Strobl taking a ferry between towns this would be in December 2014. I'm concerned as the youngest child is 3yrs old, would this be to difficult for the children, getting seats on the buses, distance from bus stops to ferry stations etc.............
      I've look on Google maps & also checked out the bus & ferry routes.
      Salli

1 Answer Jun 15, 2014 at 10:11 PM
    • tkisiel's Profile Photo

One night for two families (13 persons) ?

by tkisiel Online Now Jun 4, 2014 at 3:50 AM

Hello,

I'll be travel back from Italy and I'd like to stay for one night in the Salzburg area. Looking for cheap B&B for two families 2+5 and 2+4. Any recomendations? 3-4.JULY

Thanks in advance,
      tkisiel

2 Answers Jun 12, 2014 at 9:17 PM
    • mikonoda62's Profile Photo

Xmas mass in Salzburg

by mikonoda62 Online Now May 31, 2014 at 11:34 PM

We are planning to be in Salzburg from 23 Dec. Can we just turn up at Xmas mass at the Cathdral or do we have to book? can you please give me some advice?

2 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 7:59 AM
    • krimbow's Profile Photo

Camping in Salzberg

by krimbow Online Now May 31, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Which is the closest camp-site to the city that I can pitch up my tent?

3 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 8:02 AM
    • Lake Wolfgang New Year's Eve Markets

by Salliroberts Online Now May 30, 2014 at 11:37 PM

I would like some advise regarding the New Year's Eve Markets at Lake Wolfgang are they worth going to see I have read mixed reviews. We will miss the Christmas Markets there by a few days the area looks lovely any advise would be appreciated
      Salli

1 Answer Jun 4, 2014 at 12:17 AM
    • Neighborhood places to eat

by Halfcanuck Online Now May 27, 2014 at 7:52 AM

My wife and I are traveling to Salzburg in late September. We like to eat at places that mostly attract locals. "If locals eat there, it is usually good food at a good value". Are there any places you could recommend that tourists rarely find? Any suggestions would be helpful.

2 Answers May 27, 2014 at 10:53 PM
    • Snow in Salzburg

by Salliroberts Online Now May 17, 2014 at 3:51 PM

We will be in Salzburg from the 23rd Dec 2014 to the 2nd January 2015. Does it snow in Salzburg Old Town this time of year?

Salli

4 Answers May 18, 2014 at 2:41 PM
    • travel to prague

by jeanrad Online Now May 11, 2014 at 5:42 PM

what is the best way to get from Salzburg to Prague?

2 Answers May 13, 2014 at 5:52 AM
    • stroller for two yr old

by Kiranamit Online Now May 7, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Is it advisable to carry stroller for a two year old in salzburg and near salzburg ?

3 Answers May 8, 2014 at 3:42 PM
    • SaumyaC's Profile Photo

Salzburg to Vienna travel info

by SaumyaC Online Now Apr 23, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Hello,

I am traveling on 1st week of may to Salzburg. We are group of four people age between 28-30.

we are traveling from Hamburg to Salzburg our three days stay is at Salzburg. We want to travel one day to Vienna we will be using local transport.Will go and comeback on same day. Can some tell me the cheapest and fastest way to Vienna.and return on the same day I have heard train are the fastest but which tickets and card we all have to buy how much it will cost per person or in total for four of us .

Please help me with the suggestions.

Thanks

Somi.

3 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 2:35 AM
    • 6 nights to spend ibetween salzburg and innsbruck

by fixyourpet Online Now Apr 22, 2014 at 5:56 PM

i will be in austria in mid may with 6 nights to spend between salzburg and innsbruck. i was planning 3 in each city but am now thinking i may need more time in salzburg. any suggestions ? we jsut want to do some sight seeing and some r & r. i think by the time we get to salzburg from vienna, we will have seen enough castles and palaces so don;t want to spend too much time touring them

1 Answer Apr 23, 2014 at 8:08 AM
    • tusharbhotica's Profile Photo

salt mines near salzburg

by tusharbhotica Online Now Apr 12, 2014 at 9:37 PM

which saltmine should one visit near salzburg? we are a family of children in the late teens.

3 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 12:43 AM
    • From Salzburg to Munich

by worldtraveler170 Online Now Mar 28, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I am looking for cheap train tickets to Munich for family of 4.
      I see lots of transport from munich....(Bayern tix)

What about to Munich to Salzburg. Railjet/DB says E35 per person
      Does Bayern tix work from Salzburg to Munich???

3 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 12:48 AM
    • PhillyJohn's Profile Photo

Einfach-Raus tix

by PhillyJohn Online Now Mar 21, 2014 at 7:55 PM

I just stumbled across this offer (it looks like the German Lander ticket). It seems expensive, but might suit us for some of our short, local trips out from Salzburg. I am assuming it is only for the state it is bought in, like Lander. It may not make economic sense, but I will compare it to buying individual tix for trains.

3 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 1:16 AM
    • tusharbhotica's Profile Photo

Where to stay

by tusharbhotica Online Now Mar 21, 2014 at 7:20 AM

We are a 2 family group? Where to stay? Alistair or?

3 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Salzburg in May

by SaumyaC Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 3:53 AM

Hi

I am planning to visit Salzburg in May first weerk.

1 Is it right time to visit Salzburg.

2 I am planning 3 days visit, which are the near by places i can see.(I am a scenic beauty lover)

3 I s there any place near Salzburg from where i can have a beautiful view of Alps Mountan Range. or Cable Car.

4 I will be visiting Ice Caves, i have listen lot about lakes near Salzburg.suggest me lakes where i can relax and enjoy the nature beauty.

If any thing else which i should not really miss in Salzburg or near by let me know.

Thanks

Somi

5 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Salzburg in May

by SaumyaC Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 3:53 AM

Hi

I am planning to visit Salzburg in May first weerk.

1 Is it right time to visit Salzburg.

2 I am planning 3 days visit, which are the near by places i can see.(I am a scenic beauty lover)

3 I s there any place near Salzburg from where i can have a beautiful view of Alps Mountan Range. or Cable Car.

4 I will be visiting Ice Caves, i have listen lot about lakes near Salzburg.suggest me lakes where i can relax and enjoy the nature beauty.

If any thing else which i should not really miss in Salzburg or near by let me know.

Thanks

Somi

1 Answer Mar 12, 2014 at 7:02 AM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Meteo question.

by Maurizioago Online Now Mar 2, 2014 at 12:34 PM

I' d like to spend some days in Salzburg at the beginning of april. Do you think it is a good idea? I am thinking about the weather. Should I look for another place to go instead? What do you say?

5 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 12:50 PM

traveling on local Salzburg transit

by PhillyJohn Online Now Feb 23, 2014 at 8:28 PM

We plan to spend 4 days in Salzburg & want to take a few trips to local places like Anif, Hellbrun, Wefen etc. There is a card available on SVV website that has different prices based on zones, but I have not been able to determine the "zones" that the places I want to see are in. How do I find that info? Thank you.

4 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 7:36 AM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Day trips from Salzburg.

by Maurizioago Online Now Feb 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Could you suggst some, please?

6 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 2:00 AM

trains from Munich

by PhillyJohn Online Now Feb 12, 2014 at 12:11 PM

We plan to stay in Munich one night & travel to Salzburg the next day. I have heard that a Bayern Landerpass would get us to Salzburg, but I saw the DB schedules & the only train that looks like we can use with the Lander pass is something called Meridian which does not go past Freilassing. Does anyone know if this is correct, and how would we get to Salzburg from Freilassing if it is? Thank you.

6 Answers Feb 14, 2014 at 8:56 PM