Salvador da Bahia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travel warnings?

Cuiabá 16 hours ago

Are there any safety concerns when visiting Cuiaba?

more
    • current info. Website is 2008

Manaus Apr 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Has anyone made the trip recently from Manaus to guayana city.
      Also any knowledge about flights from Manaus to same or caracus without having to go back to Sao Paulo or Panama city.
      Help would be appreciated.

more
    • CRUISE TERMINAL

Rio de Janeiro Apr 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM

IS THE NEW CRUISE TERMINAL COMPLETE AND FUNCTIONING ?

more
    • Tara2001's Profile Photo

Salvador, is it best to stay in the Pelourinho? Any hostel recommendations?

Brazil Mar 27, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Hi all,

I'm visiting Salvador for 3 nights in April and was wondering if the Pelourinho is the best area to stay in? I am looking to stay in a hostel that is safe and secure, but also sociable where I can meet likeminded solo travellers. Any suggestions??

more

Anyone in Salvador from 7th - 10th April?

Brazil Mar 27, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Hi guys,

Is anyone in Salvador from 7th - 10th April that would want to meet up and do some sight seeing etc? Get in touch! :)

more
    • 1 day city tour with airport transfers

Brasília Mar 19, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Hola
      We are arriving in Brasilia early on June 30 there will be 4 of us
      We need to have a day tour and back at airport by 415 PM for flight out
      I will be also at game at 1300 and rest of people will continue tour.
      can we arrange this with you so we get picked up at airport in the morning start tour and pick me up at stadium and back to airport?
      How much will it be?
      thanks
      hector

more
    • travelswithsteve's Profile Photo

Airport Customs and Immigration

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Flying London Heathrow to Vitoria (VIX) via Rio (GIG) with TAM. Does anyone know if I have to pick up my luggage and clear Customs at Rio or will it be at final destination ?

more
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

São Paulo Apr 7, 2014 at 3:59 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

more
    • Travel with BUS from Natal to Salvador in Brazil

Natal Apr 4, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I need to travel from Natal, RN to Salvador Bahia by BUS, anyone know what Bus company I can buy ticket to travel to Salvador?

more
    • panatanal tours

Pantanal Mar 19, 2014 at 12:08 AM

I arrive in Cuiba late on july 5th
      whats best way to get a tour of pantanal from Cuiba or should I go further south?
      Do i use a car or hir ea guide?
      thanks
      we are a family of 4

more
    • Travelling Pantanal

Pantanal Apr 9, 2014 at 3:11 AM

How can i travel Pantanal without tying myself to a 4-5 day tour? I want to make it flexible and yet be able to do everything. Is it possible to do this independently?

more
    • Two days in Argentina

Foz do Iguaçu Mar 31, 2014 at 3:40 AM

I am travelling to see the falls in June. I would like to spend 2 days exploring the Argentina side and a day and a half on the Brazilian side. I am flying into Foz do Iguacu. Would you recommend I stay in Brazil and travel to Argentina each day. Or should I stay in Argentina overnight?

more
    • Currency exchange at the Crossover

Foz do Iguaçu Mar 27, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Is there an exchange at the border after you enter Argentina? After seeing the Brazilian National Park, we are heading for the Argentina National Park and the Sheraton. We'll need pesos to pay to get into the park.

more
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

Rio de Janeiro Apr 7, 2014 at 4:00 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

more
    • eversure's Profile Photo

Taxi or airport bus?

Sao Paulo Mar 24, 2014 at 6:20 AM

We are a family of 5 (parents with 3 teenagers). We need to get from GRU to Congonhas. Will it be more convenient to take airport taxi or airport bus? In most places we have gone to, the individual cost for the bus is sometimes just the same as for a taxi and the taxi seems to be quicker. Thanks.

more
    • DavidM184's Profile Photo

Daily Tours from Rio and return

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Can you advise what i should not miss/thank you. Dave

more

Visa's and volunteering (I'm British)

Brazil Yesterday

I'm hoping to go and volunteer in Rio, working in a youth hostel for a few months. I understand I can do this on a normal 90 day visa, is that right?

And also, how many days do I need to leave the country before I can return on another 90 day visa?

more
    • hyeeh6's Profile Photo

WeAther in May

by hyeeh6 Online Now Feb 8, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Hi, can anyone tell me what the weather is generally like in salvador bahia in May? Do people still hang out at the beach at this time? Also, I'm interested in going to arraial d ajuda in May and wondering if all those cute clothing stores are open during this time?

Thx in advance

5 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 5:05 AM
    • Taxis from the airport and places to stay

by dmcm3158 Online Now Jan 13, 2014 at 1:56 AM

I will arrive in Salvador bymiself, late night at the airport, begining Feb. Can you recomend a safe taxi company into town?
      Just staying for a short business trip including one day of tourism. Is it better to stay at Pelourinho or Ondina?
      thanks in advance

3 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 6:45 AM
    • Emerald & gem markets in Salvador?

by tommybates Online Now Jan 5, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Are there any places to buy rough stone gems, especially emeralds, in the Salvador area? There are a lot of jewelry stores, but we are looking to buy rough stones. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

Thanks.

1 Answer Jan 5, 2014 at 1:12 PM
    • Naramata's Profile Photo

Pelourinho to Airport

by Naramata Online Now Jan 2, 2014 at 7:07 PM

We are wondering how much time to allow to get to the airport. We are staying in Pelourinho are and our domestic flight departs SSA at 08:10 on a Tuesday. Thanks.

3 Answers Jan 2, 2014 at 8:50 PM
    • restaurant still around in salvador, bahia, brasil?

by tattsail Online Now Nov 24, 2013 at 4:53 PM

is the 'Prive' restaurant still in existent?
      if so who is the owner and contact number?

1 Answer Nov 25, 2013 at 8:40 AM
    • where to stay in Salvador?

by bigjim33 Online Now Nov 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM

In which area of the city would you suggest me to stay? I've never been in Salvador, I would like to stay in a place like Copacabana, I mean: quite safe to walk anytime, always people around, both tourists and locals, with restaurant and bars. I'll be there for business and when I came back from job in the evening I'd like to have dinners and maybe some drinks at walking distance from the hotel.

A plus would be staying not far from the north coast.

Thanks!

5 Answers Nov 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM
    • Massage therapist

by Dwilliges Online Now Nov 8, 2013 at 3:17 AM

Badly in need can anyone please make a recommendation? Acupuncture works also. Staying in the historic district. Thank u, Debra

1 Answer Nov 8, 2013 at 6:20 AM
    • getting a taxi at the airport and changing money

by cjdesign22 Online Now Nov 4, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Hi, I'm getting into Salvador the morning of 12/31. Can anyone suggest the best way to get a taxi? I need to get to Jardim Apipema. Any idea of what the fare should be, more of less. Also, are there places to change money at the airport? I will be in Salvador all of January and looking to meet some people there! Thanks! Cindy

3 Answers Dec 15, 2013 at 9:30 AM
    • Only 2 days, early February 2014! : (

by naramata7 Online Now Oct 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM

We arrive at 7:30PM on a Saturday and depart at 06:45AM on Tuesday. We have booked accommodation in the Pelourinho. What must we see/do in such a short period of time there. We are wide open to things/experiences/food etc. We enjoy good food/drink/music/culture/off the beaten path etc. We are all "young" early 50 year olds.

2 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 7:19 AM
    • restaurant gift certificates

by cjacobs Online Now Aug 30, 2013 at 2:23 PM

can I purchase a restaurant gift certificate for a tourist in Brazil from the US online or by phone?

1 Answer Sep 4, 2013 at 12:50 PM
    • Apartment in Barra or Ondina

by m.hassel Online Now Aug 29, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Hello everybody,

we are three students from Germany who will work in Salvador from 15th of September 2013 until 31th of March 2014. Now we are looking for an apartment. It should have 3 bedrooms and be located in Barra or Ondina.
      Can anybody help us? This would be so great,

thank you very much,

kind regards,

Michael

1 Answer Aug 31, 2013 at 12:03 PM
    • Kids Birthday Parties

by Sarahr028 Online Now Aug 25, 2013 at 3:31 PM

While in Salvador next year we will be there for my son's 5th birthday. What are some things that locals do to celebrate kids birthdays?

2 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 8:50 AM
    • robertoservice's Profile Photo

Food costs

by robertoservice Online Now Aug 16, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I would like to know some some basic restaurant (not at home) food costs.
      Of course they vary widely--just some general stuff. Cost of a beer in a bar?
      Bacon and eggs? Tuna sandwich? Thanks! Robert

4 Answers Aug 18, 2013 at 10:17 AM
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

cost of taxi from barra beach area to old town

by monicarc Online Now Aug 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM

will probaby be staying near/on barra beach in october and wanted a rough price for a cab to the old town. thanks!

3 Answers Aug 6, 2013 at 7:05 AM
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

Bale flocorico for kids?

by monicarc Online Now May 23, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Will be in Salvador in October and was wondering if the nightly florcorico dancing is suitable for kids? It seems like the theater is rather small, but the performance only lasts 45 minutes, all the kids in our group like music and dancing --so much I think they would want to walk around and dance!

2 Answers May 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM
    • Costs

by sb09 Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Hi :) I am heading to Bahia at the end of March where I will be on a portugese course for 2 weeks before a 7 wk research project. I was wondering if anyone could estimate costs for food/travel/mobile phone line rental and going out costs per week?

Many Thanks :)

6 Answers Mar 1, 2013 at 2:04 PM
    • blackcherry's Profile Photo

Anyone up for making a new friend in Salvador in January

by blackcherry Online Now Jan 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Hello,

I'm Christina, 29 from London, UK. I'm visiting my (great) uncle in Salvador arriving on Friday 11th Jan 2013 and returning on Friday 23rd 2013. I'm travelling by myself and while I can do a few things with my uncle it would be nice to explore Bahia with people around my own age. There are some things you can't do with a 70yr old, go to clubs, actvities etc.

I'm happy to hang out with other tourists, expats, etc. I would just appreciate spending some of my time with some fun people.

I'll be staying in Bairro Nazaré. I have no idea how safe (or not) it is there or if it's close to any attractions but I'm happy to travel and do a bit of site seeing at the same time.

Hope to make new friends,

Christina

5 Answers Jan 23, 2013 at 10:33 AM
    • Carnival in Salvador 2013

by westseattlesayshi Online Now Dec 27, 2012 at 9:31 PM

1. Do I need to buy bloco tickets in advance or can I buy ay of? If I need to buy in advance, can you suggest an online site where I can buy?
      2. Do you know where I can get a ful schedule of blocos in English?
      3. Have you been to the gay bloco? I heard it is a lot of fun.

Thanks!!!

4 Answers Dec 30, 2012 at 8:40 PM
    • Linnea13's Profile Photo

Anyone up for a cerveja?

by Linnea13 Online Now Jul 19, 2012 at 9:04 AM

I just got into town after a 30 hour travel nightmare, am near the morro do cristo, anything going on tonight?

• meianoite's Profile Photo

3 Month Stay in Salvador

by meianoite Online Now Jul 18, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Hello all!
      I'm planning a 3 month stay in Salvador and I need some input from you experts. My main goals for my trip are:
      1. To improve my Portuguese to an advanced level. I'm currently lower-intermediate.
      2. To train in the Afro-Brazilian art of Capoeira which I've been practicing for the past 4 years.
      3. To learn about Afro-Brazilian culture and the ancestorial link with Africa(I'm an African).
      4. If possible experience Canaval.

Any advance? Thanks!

11 Answers Oct 21, 2012 at 5:08 PM
    • where is the music

by ebriggs Online Now May 20, 2012 at 9:51 AM

What is the best town in Salvador to listen to live music and what are the least expensive accomodations?

2 Answers May 21, 2012 at 8:30 AM
    • cheap accommodation during carnaval

by tenohk Online Now Dec 21, 2011 at 11:51 AM

I have trouble finding accommodation in salvador during the carnaval. all hostels offer only 6-day packages starting on 16 feb. me and my friends need lodging for less nights,
      3 or 4 nights staring on 18/19 feb;
      do any of you guys know if it is possible to find accommodation on this requirements?
      the cheaper the better; we just want someplace to leave our bags and sleep, nothing fancy

thankk you!

8 Answers Jan 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM
    • Transfer from SSA airport to Iberostar Bahia

by ScotyD Online Now Sep 20, 2011 at 2:09 AM

Could anyone suggest a reliable service/taxi to/from airport to Iberostar Bahia resort. Tks

• Transfer from SSA airport to Iberostar Bahia

by ScotyD Online Now Sep 19, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Could anyone suggest a reliable service/taxi to/from airport to Iberostar Bahia resort. Tks

1 Answer Sep 20, 2011 at 4:42 AM
    • gisellesch's Profile Photo

Meet up for drinks

by gisellesch Online Now Aug 15, 2011 at 8:21 AM

Hello all! I have been living in Salvador over a year now and would love to meet up with 'gringo's that live in Salvador too! I have looked on internations and not many people have signed up there, please reply if interested!
      Giselle, and a few others...

13 Answers Jan 25, 2012 at 4:25 PM
    • Salvador da bahia

by Katinka18 Online Now May 3, 2011 at 5:36 AM

Please, somebody help! I need 4 badroom house in Salvador for the whole year, and i can't find it! Pweasee recommend me snth.

2 Answers May 4, 2011 at 2:47 AM
    • madregus's Profile Photo

Cheap trip to Morro de S Paulo?

by madregus Online Now Apr 21, 2011 at 2:19 PM

Hi!
      We would like to go from Salvador to Morro de S Paulo, but the trips seem to be very expensive -70 reais-, can anyone recommend a cheaper way?
      Thanx!!

4 Answers Sep 14, 2011 at 2:34 PM
    • Tour guide?

by dssssss Online Now Apr 8, 2011 at 7:13 AM

Hi all,

I'm in Salvador for just one day (getting to the airport at 6am, leaving at 2am) on April 22.

any ideas for where to get a tour guide to pick me up and spend the whole day showing me around? I speak portuguese.

I have suitcases, so hopefully I can leave those in a locker somewhere at the airport.

5 Answers Apr 9, 2011 at 4:42 AM
    • madregus's Profile Photo

accomodation near the airport?

by madregus Online Now Mar 29, 2011 at 12:54 AM

Hi!
      I will be arriving at Salvador late in the night, I wonder if anyone can recommend me a safe and unexpensive hotel near the airport...?
      Thanx!
      Susana

4 Answers Mar 31, 2011 at 6:53 AM
    • rhyspinnag's Profile Photo

what do to in Salvador da Bahia

by rhyspinnag Online Now Mar 27, 2011 at 3:52 AM

I am due to attend a wedding just outside Salvador da Bahia on Sat 18th June. I will be arriving on Friday 17th and staying until Sat 25th and wondered if it was worth staying in Salvador and the surrounding area for the whole time or should I fly down to Iguacu Falls and Rio? I want to know if there is plenty to do in Salvador for 10 days or if I should travel around Brazil? Thanks

3 Answers Mar 30, 2011 at 9:46 PM