Salvador Travel Answers

change location
hyeeh6's Profile Photo

apartment or flat rentals for carniaval 2006??

by hyeeh6 Online Now Mar 13, 2005 at 6:22 PM

Anyone know of someone or companies that rents our reasonably priced apartment or flats in salvador bahia. I would prefer the barra area or pelourinho as second choice. please help??

thanku

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • lcbyrne's Profile Photo

RE: apartment or flat rentals for carniaval 2006??

by lcbyrne Online Now Mar 14, 2005 at 9:25 AM

Check out bahia-online.net. Daniel (bluemoon@bahia-online.net) helped me get an apartment in Bahia.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • hyeeh6's Profile Photo

RE: RE: apartment or flat rentals for carniaval 2006??

by hyeeh6 Online Now Mar 14, 2005 at 9:41 AM

Hey, I actually went on there last night and found daniel there.. so what was your experience with the rental, was it in a nice area and what a prices like per day? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Also, did you go during carnival time? If so, are you able to maneuver along the streets in the day time or is it just so packed that its overwhelming??

• lcbyrne's Profile Photo

by lcbyrne Online Now Mar 14, 2005 at 11:25 AM

I didn't go during Carnaval, I would expect the prices to be 3-4 times as expensive during that time. I was happy with the apartment in the Barra area near the lighthouse, fronting the beach. Bahia-online is the middle man who knows the actual real estate agent, and takes about 20-25% for the service. The key is to find an agent or individual with an apartment to rent on your own to get the really good deals. But if you're starting from ground zero, not knowing anyone, without any leads, Daniel is a good source.

• hyeeh6's Profile Photo

by hyeeh6 Online Now Mar 15, 2005 at 9:56 PM

Thanks much for the info...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines