Salta

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Skiing in September. Mendoza or Bariloche

Argentina Apr 15, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I am planning a ski trip in September around Mendoza and/or Bariloche, but I am not sure how the snow condition and the weather there is. Will ski resort already close in the mid-September? How about the backcountry skiing in September? Hope there is someone could give me some suggestions.
      Thanks in advance!!
      zugi

more
    • Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo

North Argentina

Argentina Apr 1, 2014 at 12:12 PM

I'm planning a three weeks journey to north Argentina from the end of July and beginning of August.

I'd like to visit Buenos Aires, Cordoba, Iguazou and Alta. In Iguazou I'd like to visit also the Jesuit Mission in Argentina, Brasil and Paraguay.

Any suggestions how long to stay in each place? Is it safe to travel alone renting a car?
      Any information/suggestion is welcome.

Thanks!

more
    • Car Rental

El Calafate Mar 29, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Has anyone tried ON Car Rental for a 4X4?

more
    • Cicerones de Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires Apr 16, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Does somebody know about Cicerones de Buenos Aires? I heard they give free walking tours

more
    • laurennnnnnnnnnnn's Profile Photo

Iguazu Falls

Puerto Iguazú Apr 17, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Does anybody know how I would get from Puerto Iguazu to Iguazu Falls (Argentinian side), and also the next day I will be visiting the Brazilian side, where would the best place be to visit next in Brazil? I am planning to travel through all of Brazil so preferably somewhere close to Iguazu Falls to start off with, also would you recommend visiting other places around here such as Chile, Peru, Paraguay, Bolivia, etc. Thank you!

more
    • laurennnnnnnnnnnn's Profile Photo

buses in buenos aires

Buenos Aires Apr 16, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Does anybody know how and where can you get a luxury coach for travelling from a hotel near Ministro Pistarini International Airport to Iguazu falls? Thanks.

more
    • Brazil/Argentina trip

Puerto Iguazú Apr 21, 2014 at 7:51 AM

My wife and I are both british citizens. We are travelling to Rio, then planning to travel to Iguazu on our way to Buenos Aires. We would like to visit both sides of the falls, but we're coming from Foz du Iguacu Airport on a Friday and then travelling out from Puerto Iguazu Airport on the Monday (intending a day for each side of the falls). Is it better to stay in a hotel on the Brazilian or Argentinian side (we do not intend to stay at one of the more expensive places near the falls unfortunately). If we have just come from Brazil is it easier to stay there and then travel over just for our day trip to the Argentine side and then our trip to the airport on the Monday, or are we better to cross the border when we arrive on the Friday and nip back into Brazil for the day? We would rather stay in one hotel for the duration.

Is customs a reasonably straight forward job?

more
    • Quia to Salta

by Lala1119 Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 12:02 AM

What bus do I need to take?

3 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 11:08 AM
    • massot's Profile Photo

From SALTA to UYUNI

by massot Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 3:21 AM

Next month, February, 26th or 2th, we wont to move as tourists between these two cities.
      I think that is possible by train and bus and...?
      please, have you some experience or advise about the best/ comfortable/ good price./ better views, . system to do this trip..
      Thanks! VT people is fantastic!

2 Answers Jan 18, 2014 at 10:16 AM
    • Accommodation

by jive888 Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 1:41 AM

I am looking for safe and clean hotel tips in Salta. Up to 50USD/DBL, private bathroom, breakfast incl., centrally location.

1 Answer Jan 18, 2014 at 2:42 AM
    • massot's Profile Photo

Visiting Salta region

by massot Online Now Jan 17, 2014 at 3:37 PM

I / we will stay 3 full days in Salta area (24-26 february). I will travel by bus from BsAs to Salta. My questions are:
      1. is it worth to stop and spend one day in Cordoba, or is better to enjoy all the time in Salta area.
      2.Which hotel, medium price (3stars...) do you advice in the city (better downtown)
      3 Which agency or tour is the best to organize the trips in this province
      4.The more beautiful places to visit, according your experience..
      Well, many questions, but probably a kind VT traveler may write to me.
      I give him/her many thanks!!
      Roma Massot
      Barcelona

6 Answers Jan 18, 2014 at 10:06 AM
    • Salta Landscapes

by ACGJRB Online Now Dec 10, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Which are the most beautiful landscapes to see in Salta? How can I get there? Thanks!!

2 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 6:20 AM
    • chrystal9111's Profile Photo

Hiking boots

by chrystal9111 Online Now Nov 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I am going to be in Salta, Cafayate and Tilcara in late December. Do you think I need to bring hiking boots or just hiking shoes without ankle support. We are going to be doing some hikes but not sure how rocky it is and how much rain there will be. Any advice much appreciated.

1 Answer Nov 24, 2013 at 3:19 AM
    • Spanish school Salta

by Searchspanishschool Online Now Aug 20, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Hello

I would like to attend a spanish course in Salta. Can someone recommend a good spanish school?

• mercurycat's Profile Photo

Exchanging money

by mercurycat Online Now Aug 11, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Hello! We'll be visiting Argentina next week. We've been to Buenos Aires in the past, and this time we're going to Salta. In Buenos Aires we found a place to exchange our American dollars for Pesos at a great rate (~7%). Can anyone recommend a place in Salta? We'll be arriving in BA early Sunday morning and our usual place won't be open before we fly on to Salta.

Thanks bunches!

3 Answers Aug 11, 2013 at 9:21 AM
    • car rental

by ripro Online Now Aug 5, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Can foreigners rent cars at the salta airport

3 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM
    • best travel option from B.A to Salta

by jiverboy Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 3:57 AM

Are internal flights expensive ?
      What is the best method of car hire in Argentina and can you access Bolivia with an hire car ..?

3 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 8:11 AM
    • best travel option from B.A to Salta

by jiverboy Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 3:54 AM

Is bus or train the best option ?

2 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 7:55 AM
    • Custom cakes

by TONYCHIR Online Now Jul 8, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Is there a bakery that makes custom cakes for birthdays, etc. in salta ?

1 Answer Jul 9, 2013 at 5:11 PM
    • Which is the better bus journey: Iguazu to Salta or Salta to Mendoza?

by babblingbeck Online Now Jun 10, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Hi There,
      I am planning a trip in the north of Argentina in October. I have about 2.5 weeks to leave BA and go to Iquazu, and from there go to Salta and onto Mendoza. I would like to see as much terrain as possible when going from one place to the next, however I simply won't have time to do all the legs by bus I don't think. Does anyone have an opinion/advice on the following:

Which is the best bus trip:
      - Iguazu to Salta, or
      - Salta to Mendoza, or
      - Mendoza to Santiago, or
      - Mendoza to BA?

Any feedback much appreciated. Adios!

5 Answers Jun 16, 2013 at 7:28 AM
    • milliturtle's Profile Photo

Alternatives near Salta

by milliturtle Online Now Aug 11, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Hi, I'm looking into possible locations for a December vacation of maximum 13 days. I'm hoping to see Buenos Aires and Iguazu Falls for sure. I also wanted to see the salt flats in Uyuni, the Tatio Geyser, Moon Valley and around Salta, but I know it'll just be ridiculous to try and fit all this stuff into a 13 day trip. So, I'm wondering if I can see similar types of landscape in and around Salta and maybe stay there for 5 days instead.

In my quick research on VT and Google, I see that there is the Salinas Grandes which looked kind of cool. Can someone let me know if it is indeed a similar type of salt flats to those in Uyuni, but maybe smaller? Are there geysers in the area? I see that many people rented their own cars to visit. My friend and I only know how to drive automatic, so we'll probably have to do tours. Do you know of any good tour companies that do day or overnight trips to these areas?

I know I'll need to do a bit more research in the area but if you have any recommendations to steer me in the right path, please let me know.

I understand that there are direct flights from Buenos Aires -> Salta -> Iguazu -> Buenos Aires offered by Aerolineas Argentina. Will it be cheaper to book these in Argentina or is it pretty much the same price (quoted865) if I just book on their website? Is Aerolineas an acceptable airline?

Thanks very much in advance.

11 Answers Dec 7, 2012 at 3:35 PM
    • DancinTraveler's Profile Photo

English speaking tour guide

by DancinTraveler Online Now Jul 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Hi! My Mom and I will be in Salta for 6 days. We would like to move around and possibly get a tour guide for a few days. Can anyone recommend a reliable, English speaking tour guide?

Also, what are your "must see" in Salta?

Cheers, from New York, USA

5 Answers Aug 14, 2012 at 10:11 AM
    • Travel from Salta to Calama or North Chile

by alfienimmo Online Now Feb 16, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Hi - We are travelling north Argentina from Salta and hope to get via bus to Calama, Chile. We aim to keep travelling north to Peru.

Does anyone know the best way to travel by road this way? We hope to travel via bus, but happy to look at other options as well.

1 Answer Mar 31, 2012 at 11:39 AM
    • Looseebee's Profile Photo

Cerro San Bernado Cable Car

by Looseebee Online Now Sep 27, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Hi there, does anybody know the price of the cable car up to Cerro San Bernado? Is it worth the trip, and what is there to see/do at the top? I will have only a little time in Salta and would like to know if this will be a 'must do'! Thanks in advance

2 Answers Sep 28, 2010 at 8:20 AM
    • bus from Salta to mendoza

by josemoura7 Online Now Jun 21, 2010 at 7:35 AM

I am planing to visit salta and then go back to Mendoza by bus. is there any bus company that make that trip and how many hours does it take?

2 Answers Jun 21, 2010 at 9:52 AM
    • rjberb's Profile Photo

A week in Salta

by rjberb Online Now Jan 26, 2010 at 4:43 PM

My wife and I are considering spending a week in the Salta. We wpild appreciate any information on things to do, where to stay, towns to visit in the area etc.

Thank you
      rjberb

5 Answers Apr 9, 2010 at 10:59 AM
    • From Iguaza to Salta

by joyce.tse Online Now Nov 22, 2009 at 5:40 AM

Hi

I plan going to Salta by joining a local bus tour from Iguaza to Salta via Tucuman and vice versa. Is the road transport between these two places safe? Grateful for your advice.

Many thanks.

Cheers
      Joyce

2 Answers Nov 24, 2009 at 11:34 AM
    • conorworld's Profile Photo

Salta Trip Advice

by conorworld Online Now Apr 11, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Hello. I was considering visiting Salta in the next few months and I don't know much about it except the photos that I have seen. I was interested in seeing the salt flats and some of the gorges. I heard it is generally better to book your trips when you arrive. I was wondering what should one definitely see when I am there. I want to go and see the salt flats and the mountains. I am guessing you can get tours when you arrive. I was wondering how much it would cost and is it possible to do the salt flats and surrounding areas in 1-2 days. Thanks

4 Answers Apr 13, 2009 at 6:26 AM
    • Bussing from Salta

by Hearnest Online Now Dec 26, 2008 at 3:37 PM

Hello all,

I am flying into Salta from Bs.As. in a couple weeks and I need to take a bus from Salta capital to a small town in the north of Salta province. I did this several years ago but I don't remember much of anything about the process...

I land in Salta at 2:00 in the afternoon and would like to go to the terminal right away if possible. I feel like a dunce asking all this, but hopefully someone can help me out:

1. Grabbing a taxi from the airport, are they just outside the terminal? Is there a specific company I want to look for? I know in Bs.As. I always use the Manuel Leon, as advised by others, but I don't know what the deal is in Salta.

2. What's the name of the terminal/where do I tell the driver I need to go?

I've checked the schedule on La Veloz website so I should be able to get a bus that afternoon and be on my way.

Thanks for your help and if you see any glaring holes in my plan, or know of any important information I should know that concerns this, please let me know. I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks.

5 Answers Dec 30, 2008 at 7:41 AM
    • vtveen's Profile Photo

Accommodation Salta.

by vtveen Online Now Dec 23, 2008 at 3:06 AM

Who knows some nice and more or less affordable (till about 200 pesos per day) accommodation in:
      Salta (city)
      Cachi
      Cafayate
      Cabra Corral

If possible with a website.

5 Answers Dec 30, 2008 at 5:24 AM
    • Salta to Iguazu

by jen1252 Online Now Nov 6, 2008 at 8:02 AM

Is there any way to travel from Salta to Iguazu by plane, without having to stop in Buenos Aires? I was hoping to fly direct, but cannot seem to find anything. Perhaps there are charter flights available through a local travel agency in Salta? Any suggestions?

2 Answers Nov 8, 2008 at 6:05 PM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

salta to puerto Iguazu by bus

by mindcrime Online Now Feb 4, 2008 at 1:03 AM

How far is Puerto Iguazu by bus from Salta?
      How many hours the trip take?
      Does anybody know if I can take a bus in the morning or late in the afternoon?

thanx in advance,
      konstantinos

6 Answers Feb 5, 2008 at 11:23 AM
    • salta to brazil

by meandmyhusband Online Now Jan 2, 2008 at 7:37 AM

Hello!
      Me nad my husband are going to salta and after that we are flying from sao paolo on jan 18th. My question is how do we get from salta to sao pàolo without wasting too much time and money?
      We can both fly and take the bus?
      i heard that there are buses tyhat goes from salta to iguacu any suggesations on companys?
      Thankful for answers
      Malou

1 Answer Jan 2, 2008 at 6:51 PM
    • The distance between Salta & BA

by micke79 Online Now Dec 18, 2007 at 11:39 PM

Hola!If I would take the bus to Salta from Buenos Aires how many days would it take. What are the prices? Any links? Is it better to by flight ticket to save time? Best regards/Mikael

2 Answers Dec 19, 2007 at 1:52 PM
    • puppis's Profile Photo

The train to the clouds will operate soon

by puppis Online Now Oct 7, 2007 at 4:56 AM

"Fuentes empresariales señalaron que en rigor, las primeras dos fechas están programadas para noviembre y diciembre de este año y que a partir de la semana entrante, se empezarán a vender los pasajes para la nueva temporada que arranca en marzo de 2008. La refacción de los 10 vagones que componen el tren y su puesta en marcha insumió alrededor de 45 millones de pesos que invirtió el sector privado y 27 millones más que el gobierno nacional destinó a la refacción de las vías."

It says that the first two runs are scheduled for november and december. And that they will start to sell tickets for the new season (starting in March 2008) the next week.

5 Answers Oct 12, 2007 at 1:05 AM
    • hugolorenzetti's Profile Photo

Dry season

by hugolorenzetti Online Now Jul 24, 2007 at 1:28 PM

Hello, all!

I'd like to know when the dry season is, if it is smart to visit Salta in mid december.

Thank you!

Hugo

4 Answers Jul 25, 2007 at 11:12 AM
    • puppis's Profile Photo

The train to the clouds

by puppis Online Now Jul 24, 2007 at 5:04 AM

This is to inform to anyone interested in this tour, that it is said that the train will start running again during next October.

4 Answers Jul 25, 2007 at 5:13 PM