Salta Travel Answers

change location

The distance between Salta & BA

by micke79 Online Now Dec 18, 2007 at 11:39 PM

Hola!If I would take the bus to Salta from Buenos Aires how many days would it take. What are the prices? Any links? Is it better to by flight ticket to save time? Best regards/Mikael

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • cgf's Profile Photo

Re: The distance between Salta & BA

by cgf Online Now Dec 19, 2007 at 1:20 PM

by bus could be about 1 day... it's a long trip.
    when I did it I did by plane, I got a good fare with Austral... anyway for as much as I could saved, one whole day each way would have cost a lot to me if I think to the whole days of holiday I had, I mean... 2 whole day doing nothing? How much could I have saved? I better stay home working or not? Beside.. going (for me) quite far, even I use to go to Buenos Aires more then once a year, two day only for transfer, PLUS OTHER TWO OF REST BECAUSE I EXAUSTED, it's not a good way of leaving... sure, if I had more time, no jobs... things would change..

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • puppis's Profile Photo

Re: The distance between Salta & BA

by puppis Online Now Dec 19, 2007 at 1:52 PM

Mikael: the trip is about 20 hours. Cost runs between 200 to 230 argentine pesos, depending on how comfortable is the seat during the night.There are several good companies: Balut, La Veloz del Norte, Almirante Brown.
    Try www.lan.com or www.aerolineas.com.ar to check the cost of an air ticket and compare with the bus ticket. I prefer to fly with Lan since Aerolineas Argentinas (or Austral, which are part of of the same company, fkn badly organized by Spanish merchants).

Of course, you will save time and body going by air.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines