Salta Travel Answers

change location
muckhole's Profile Photo

Salta advice - hotel and bus

by muckhole Online Now Jun 3, 2005 at 5:07 PM

Any advice on hotels in Salta? I am figuring somewhere around the square. Recommendations?

How about bus lines... We are trying to take the bus from BSAS to Salta the morning we land in BSAS. Andesmar has a split-up route, and doesn't start to leave until 10 at night. We arrive in BSAS at 6 in the morning. Advice? Are there other bus lines with websites?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Wiley_Coyote's Profile Photo

RE: Salta advice - hotel and bus

by Wiley_Coyote Online Now Jun 3, 2005 at 6:17 PM

i stayed at the tierra occulta near the park in salta...pretty nice rooftop...something like5 or so for a bed. as far as buses, since the route is so long, they all tend to be overnight...even if you find another company, they're still going be around the same time...and really andesmar is probably the best bus company in argentina, so you're probably better off sticking with them anyway. by the way, when i was leaving salta, i had a hell of a time finding a bus seat...the only one that i found that the day i went to the station was to rawson (wayyy down south, past puerto madryn).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • puppis's Profile Photo

by puppis Online Now Jun 4, 2005 at 4:29 AM

tebasa.com.ar/paginas/busca_...

Past this, exactly and you have the whole set of bus companies from BA to Salta. And their departure times.

If you want to go by plane, check the (new) Lan Argentina, they have very low prices because they are trying to steal passengers from Aerolineas Argentinas.

• puppis's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Salta advice - hotel and bus

by puppis Online Now Jun 4, 2005 at 4:30 AM

• cbeaujean's Profile Photo

by cbeaujean Online Now Jun 4, 2005 at 6:35 AM

we stayed in very sympathic,comfortable hotel with swimming pool...rather cheap,as well....called "PETIT HOTEL",two min. from main bus station!see:
    petithotelsalta.todowebsalta...

claudine

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines