Salt Lake City

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Las vegas how many miles to go?

Bryce Canyon National Park Mar 21, 2014 at 5:11 PM

From Las Vegas to Bryce Canyon,how long it will take me?

more
    • September 2014 PC events?

Park City Apr 7, 2014 at 7:11 PM

I live in Salt Lake, and have friends coming to visit in September 2014. We are staying up at PCMR, and I am looking for ideas as to activities, etc. I can't find any festival, etc. calendars out for that far ahead. Any ideas, anyone? Thanks in advance.

more
    • mrsdoc83's Profile Photo

getting to Moab

Moab Apr 7, 2014 at 10:59 AM

My husband will be going to Moab for a conference and I'm helping with the travel itinerary.

We fly from out of state and I wonder if there is a major airport closer than Salt Lake City (yes, I am doing more research on this myself, now, too) --

Also, once we get to the major airport of choice, what is the best driving route to get into Moab?

Thanks!
      C

more
    • 2 weeks trip from Zion to southern california

Utah Mar 20, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Hi there,

I am planning a trip for September 2014 for 2 weeks, we are a French couple in our 40's. we would like to mix our holidays with some hiking and then some rest /visiting the southern coast of California. We know pretty well Northern California. In France we are based in the French Alps.
      I have a main itinerary in mind but would appreciate few pointers to adjust the logistic/itinerary.
      First week we would like to concentrate our visit to Zion Park & Bryce, couple of days each to have a fair amount of time for hiking.
      Then we would like to drive off from Las Vegas to L.A and possibly go down to San Diego.
      So first question : I was wondering if I should take a flight from Paris to Las Vegas or Salt lake city ?
      Looking at the map if I we start off from Las vegas, we would drive up to Zion and Bryce and go back down by more or less the same route. Would it be more interesting to land in Salt lake and drive down to Zion, Bryce and then to Las vegas etc ...
      Secondly : 1 week ish would be sufficient to visit the coast from Santa Barbara to San Diego ? ( not having to rush around)
      Are we trying to fit too many things or drive too much over two weeks ?
      Many thanks in advance for your ideas !

more
    • Bus tour question

by anderke Online Now Feb 3, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Is there something different to visit or do in SLC for a bus tour of people 65 and older? Not the typical things everyone sees in SLC?

2 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 8:34 AM
    • marylem0's Profile Photo

what to pack

by marylem0 Online Now Nov 24, 2013 at 5:06 AM

wondering what to pack for Thanksgiving weekend

4 Answers Nov 24, 2013 at 3:26 PM
    • Getting from SLC Airport to Provo

by tlechem Online Now Nov 6, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I have a flight landing at 11pm on a Sunday and need to get to Provo that night. Besides a taxi (which would cost an arm and a leg) what options to I have for transportation? Thanks

3 Answers Nov 6, 2013 at 7:56 PM
    • salt lake city utah,

by megan002 Online Now Oct 9, 2013 at 8:08 AM

what is the culture and customs like there?

3 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 5:36 PM
    • I am staying in Salt Lake one night , heading to Park City next day

by rmcdan Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Is there a good scenic drive you recommend between the two or a fun bar/restaraunt 'must see'. Most of my friends only want to hike while we are there...maybe every day!!!! I want to do some fun drives, small town shopping or Art Crawls. Please send any cool things OTHER than hiking ( we will be doing that) that I can either do on my own or convince them of.

Thanks

2 Answers Sep 21, 2013 at 9:16 PM
    • I am staying in Salt Lake one night , heading to Park City next day

by rmcdan Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Is there a good scenic drive you recommend between the two or a fun bar/restaraunt 'must see'. Most of my friends only want to hike while we are there...maybe every day!!!! I want to do some fun drives, small town shopping or Art Crawls. Please send any cool things OTHER than hiking ( we will be doing that) that I can either do on my own or convince them of.

Thanks

1 Answer Oct 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM
    • Driving from Salt Lake City to Las Vegas

by micdai2000 Online Now Jun 5, 2013 at 8:27 AM

I need to travel from Salt Lake City to Las Vegas. I will rent a car of Compact Ford Focus for this trip. I plan the trip by Google Map and it shows that I need to drive for 447 ml with 6 hour 30 mins for the whole trip. I want to take two or three times of break during this long distance driving. Can you tell me where should I take the break and refuel with gas ? Thank you

6 Answers Jun 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM
    • Adrianobr's Profile Photo

Jackson Hole vs. Ketchum Idaho

by Adrianobr Online Now Mar 31, 2013 at 5:02 PM

What's the best? Jackson Hole or Ketchum Idaho for skiing in January?

4 Answers Apr 5, 2013 at 9:29 AM

SLC to Denver via Telluride and Vail

by Adrianobr Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 5:20 AM

My family and I are planning to go from SLC to Telluride, Vail up to Denver-CO next Jan, driving by I-70 and US-191,62, 550, etc.... According to climate conditions, is it a good route? or I will face many closures?

2 Answers Mar 20, 2013 at 12:16 AM
    • Utah Jazz tickets

by danijels Online Now Dec 26, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Hi, we are a group of 6 visiting SLC and would like to see a game while in town. Can anyone give us some tips on how difficult it is to get tickets, should we get them up front (and if yes, where) or can we just buy them at the arena?

We would probably not go over ~100/ticket.

Many thanks.

5 Answers Jan 2, 2012 at 8:05 AM
    • Night life options

by danijels Online Now Oct 20, 2011 at 3:50 AM

Can anyone give out some pointers as to what and where in terms of bars and restaurants for a group of guys in their mid-30s looking for places with nice mood and party factor? Anything between Pioneer Park and Liberty Park would be perfect, but also beyond.

Thanks

7 Answers Mar 3, 2013 at 11:41 AM
    • Airport transport

by danijels Online Now Aug 27, 2011 at 2:30 AM

Hi everyone

We are four guys travelling to SLC in March 2012. As we will be fully equipped with a ski bag and a piece of luggage each, I was wondering if there is any advice on the best way to get to a downtown hotel without too much hassle with dragging our equipment around. I imagine a regular cab would not hold that much, so are there private shuttle companies with bigger vans that can be rented or some other options we should know about? Shuttle busses perhaps?

Since we are from Europe, we don't have much clue as to cab fares, bus ticket prices and other costs, so any advice at all is really appreciated.

Thanks a lot

3 Answers Sep 8, 2011 at 8:58 PM
    • What Happened

by frankbuster Online Now Nov 18, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Is it true that all of the responsible parties/entities that could have saved Antelope Island, etc., did nothing?
      They didn't cut a drainage canal at the North end to let the water drain out onto the Bonneville Flats?
      Please tell me that someone tried to do something.

5 Answers Nov 18, 2010 at 9:46 PM
    • Sightseeing advice

by halfdays Online Now Apr 30, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Hello: My family will be in Salt Lake City from July 6-11 of this year. We're staying at the Salt Lake City Marriott (University Park) as my daughter will be in a competition at the University. Are there any attractions and restaurants that anyone could recommend that are fairly close by? I will most likely be renting a car from the airport. Thanks, Tim

3 Answers May 20, 2010 at 4:02 PM
    • The avenues hostel

by Janaree Online Now Apr 18, 2010 at 8:51 PM

would like to know how far this hostel is to the family history library,
      and is it also close to public transport?

1 Answer Apr 19, 2010 at 9:13 AM
    • Need Advice on trip to SLC

by Irfan1 Online Now Apr 3, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Hi, we are planning to visit SLC for a week in late June. We are accompanying our daughter who is attending a seminar at the University of Utah. I am hoping that we can get some travel advice on our stay here. First, are there day trips that anyone can recommend besides the attractions in SLC? Since our daughter will not be staying with us during the trip, I was also wondering if there any any overnight trips we can take? We very much enjoy the outdoors, especially walking in the higher elevation cooler areas. Any recommendations on what to do, where to stay (moderate rates) and interesting places to eat (including vegetarian) , would be most appreciated.

Thanks very much

5 Answers Oct 27, 2011 at 9:53 AM
    • tuff's Profile Photo

Discount lift ticket

by tuff Online Now Mar 16, 2010 at 11:04 AM

Does anyone know where can I buy discount lift ticket for Alta Ski Area? May be discount on rental ski equipment?

• yellowstone park

by robin888 Online Now Jan 24, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Hi

I plan to visit salt lake city next year and would also like to go to the Yellowstone Park..I understand there are a couple of tour groups that organize daily trips to the park from Salt Lake. Any recommendations on a good tour group. thanks

4 Answers Jan 27, 2010 at 7:00 AM
    • Imaniac's Profile Photo

Anyone fancy a meeting?

by Imaniac Online Now Dec 28, 2009 at 3:32 AM

Hi everyone,

Since I joined VT in 2003, I have met over 100 VTers from all over the world. I've done meetings everywhere from New York to Amsterdam and from Cologne to Toronto. Whenever I'm abroad, and have a little time to spare, I try to meet some of the local VTers. And of course other VTers who are just visiting are welcome to.

Now, it so happens I will be in Salt Lake City for a few days in April. I was wondering if anyone living in the area is up for a night in the town. Have dinner somewhere, maybe a few drinks afterwards.

My best option is Sunday May 2nd. I'll put this in the Meetings Calendar as well.

So..... who's game?

• Trolley Square

by kaeaston Online Now Aug 11, 2009 at 8:04 PM

What was the name of the restaurant in Trolley Square that gave free shrimp cocktail for an appetizer and is it still there?

1 Answer Aug 12, 2009 at 9:35 PM
    • Homanded's Profile Photo

Sky Harbor Suites, Salt Lake City

by Homanded Online Now Jul 17, 2009 at 10:35 AM

We're traveling through Salt Lake City for a 2 night stay on return trip from Jackson, WY. August 9-11th.
      Have been looking at several hotels including Sky Harbor Suites, 1876 W. North Temple.
      Anybody familiar with this hotel/apt. complex?

We would prefer being close to sightseeing, including Temple. Any other suggestions?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
      Homer (and Ed)

5 Answers Jul 19, 2009 at 7:48 AM
    • Short stay in Salt Lake City

by Irfan1 Online Now Jul 11, 2009 at 3:30 PM

In between flights, we will have approximately 4 hours available in SLC. Is it possible to take a cab into town and do some sightseeing and return to the airport? Any suugestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks...

2 Answers Jul 14, 2009 at 8:43 AM

SLC TO YELLOWSTONE NATL PARK AND RAPID CITY

by Adrianobr Online Now Jun 16, 2009 at 6:51 AM

My family and I are planning to go from SLC to Yellowstone park next Jan, driving by I-15N and US-20 reaching West Yellowstone MT entrance. Then our plan is drive to Rapid City, crossing Yellowstone Park and then US-26/18 ecc... According to climate conditions, is it a good route? or I will face many closures?

6 Answers Jun 19, 2009 at 10:12 AM
    • JensRi's Profile Photo

Driving from SLC to Yellowstone

by JensRi Online Now Jan 6, 2009 at 7:20 PM

If anybody needs a ride from Salt Lake City, UT to West Yellowstone, MT - driving there this Friday morning Jan 9th and back on Saturday night Jan 10th or Sunday morning Jan 11th - then please feel free to contact me. I will have a rental car and wouldn't mind some company for the long drive. :-)

• Rumi-fan's Profile Photo

PARK CITY UTAH - clean & cheap accommodation

by Rumi-fan Online Now Jan 3, 2009 at 6:52 PM

Does anyone know of some cheap clean accommodation in Park City Utah? My son is heading over to train on the skeleton run (its a long story) and needs somewhere out of the snow for a week or two until he can organize something more permanent. He'll probably be in Park City for around 4-8 weeks. Backpackers is ok; hostels; homestay. Any help much appreciated.

1 Answer Jan 3, 2009 at 6:53 PM
    • New Years Eve

by boogz21 Online Now Dec 28, 2008 at 7:21 PM

I'm coming to SLC to visit my kids and I was just wondering what is there to do with your kids on New Years Eve. Is there any fireworks or anything like that?

• New Year's Eve

by jennar Online Now Dec 17, 2008 at 12:51 AM

I'll be in Park City over New Year's Eve and was wondering where would be the best place to spend it (dancing, champain, etc)? Someone recommended Cicero's, do you know if they have anything special for NYE? Any suggestions would be extremely helpful as I have never been to Utah before.
      Thanks, Jenna

1 Answer Dec 18, 2008 at 2:35 PM
    • Mikado

by jenew Online Now Jun 28, 2008 at 4:04 PM

When is 'happy hour' at Mikado?

1 Answer Jun 30, 2008 at 4:57 PM
    • Skiing around SLC

by gamma28 Online Now Feb 23, 2008 at 4:58 AM

I'll be bringing 4 avid teenaged skiers to SLC in March. They are all really good skier/snowboarders. We want to buy the Super Pass but don't know which of the ski areas close to Salt lake City are the best. Any suggestions?? Also, we're staying at the Crystal Inn at West Valley Center- any comments?? Thanks

3 Answers Feb 23, 2008 at 5:54 PM
    • cadiana88's Profile Photo

Night Life

by cadiana88 Online Now Feb 6, 2008 at 9:50 AM

Could anybody describe places like: SkyBar, Red Door, Manhattan, The Hotel, Habits, all in Salt Lake City?
      I'll be there by the end of March.
      Regards