Salt Lake City Travel Answers

change location

Airport transport

by danijels Online Now Aug 27, 2011 at 2:30 AM

Hi everyone

We are four guys travelling to SLC in March 2012. As we will be fully equipped with a ski bag and a piece of luggage each, I was wondering if there is any advice on the best way to get to a downtown hotel without too much hassle with dragging our equipment around. I imagine a regular cab would not hold that much, so are there private shuttle companies with bigger vans that can be rented or some other options we should know about? Shuttle busses perhaps?

Since we are from Europe, we don't have much clue as to cab fares, bus ticket prices and other costs, so any advice at all is really appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Re: Airport transport

by bocmaxima Online Now Aug 28, 2011 at 7:36 AM

You could book a limo. It sounds fancy, but they're not a whole lot more expensive than a taxi.

However, most airports have vans and SUV taxis waiting, and that should be fine for you all.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • happyattorney's Profile Photo

by happyattorney Online Now Sep 8, 2011 at 4:33 PM

You've probably already thought about this, but does your hotel offer pick-up service from the airport? Many (most of the larger chains) in SLC do, and they typically have vans.

Enjoy the skiing!

• Segolily's Profile Photo

by Segolily Online Now Sep 8, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Since you are not the only travelers coming into SLC with ski equipment, the cab companies do have vans to accommodate skiers. I'm not sure how you can ensure you would get one of them, but they are certainly available.

There are also several private shuttle firms. Check out: visitsaltlake.com/visit/maps...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines