Salt Lake City Travel Answers

change location

Sightseeing advice

by halfdays Online Now Apr 30, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Hello: My family will be in Salt Lake City from July 6-11 of this year. We're staying at the Salt Lake City Marriott (University Park) as my daughter will be in a competition at the University. Are there any attractions and restaurants that anyone could recommend that are fairly close by? I will most likely be renting a car from the airport. Thanks, Tim

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Re: Sightseeing advice

by travelgourmet Online Now Apr 30, 2010 at 12:44 PM

If you have a day to sightsee, then I suggest a 35 minute drive to Old Town Park City. See their website: http://www.parkcityinfo.com/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RoscoeGregg's Profile Photo

Re: Sightseeing advice

by RoscoeGregg Online Now Apr 30, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Salt Lake YOO HOO!!

There is a good coffee shop on 4th south The Salt Lake Roasting Co. If you are there on a hot afternoon try the Banana Espresso Frappe. It only comes in 2s so you will want a friend to share with.

I highly recommend a day hike on one of the many trails in the Wasatch Mountains. They are literally minutes from downtown.

Even if you are not LDS a tour of the Temple Square is very interesting. It is after all the center of large religion. Kind of like the Vatican of the Mormon Church.

There is a fantastic Farmers’ Market in pioneer park right near downtown. They have art and food vendors. It makes for a great way to spend a Saturday morning.

I have not lived in Salt Lake for 10 years now but I believe this info to be accurate. You have picked a great town to visit had a ton of fun

Happy Trails,

Randy

• Re: Sightseeing advice

by greggypetty Online Now May 20, 2010 at 4:02 PM

There are lots of places to go to. Definitely go to Temple Square - it doesn't matter if you are LDS or not. Try dinner at the Lion House, its very delicious. There is the Hogle Zoo nearby as well. Depending on how far out of the main part of Salt Lake you want to go, there are many sites in Park City and other areas. If you only want to stay in Salt Lake, you can also go to the Clark Planetarium. It's a fun little museum, but depending on the age of the children in your family, the level of interest may differ.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines