Salt Lake City Travel Answers

change location

Thank you

by frenchlondon Online Now Jul 6, 2005 at 6:37 AM

Thank you all of you for your replies. You really did help me in making a decision.

I ll stick to Chicago then. Although i know i ll visit Saint Louis some day. Thanks for Nashville and memphis tips. I wont go this time as i think a week end is a bit two short for these two cities.

As for Salt lake city, maybe i was being a bit naive. I knew it was a religious place but maybe not to such an extent. I usually dont go to places according to whether they are gay places or not. I ve been to israel, morocco, tunsia, turkey and i usually like muslim places, so i was thinking that i could cope with SLC. What really did it for me was the tip about alcholol. What! I have to pay for a membership to have a beer! Or i have to bring my own alcohol and pay for drinking it in a bar! Nope, that's a big downside for me! I am sure SLC is a lovelly place but having read all the advices it might not be suitable for me.

As for San francisco, i ve been before. Beautiful city, i love it but..guess what, i found it a bit cliche, the gay scene i mean.

I really love Chicago and Boston, and Gloucester, MA. I find it a magical place. There is no way it s gay friendly place but it feels so special there, i will be back soon.

Places in the US i always wanted to go but never had the chance or time to go: Santa Barbara, Dallas, Sacramento, Seattle and Phoenix.

I dont know why places like LA, New york or Miami do not appeal to me. Maybe i am just weird!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Rixie's Profile Photo

RE: Thank you

by Rixie Online Now Jul 6, 2005 at 8:13 AM

Have a good time in Chicago. If you've already been to SF, try Santa Barbara next time. Beautiful coastal city.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Minstrelette's Profile Photo

RE: Thank you

by Minstrelette Online Now Jul 6, 2005 at 12:00 PM

Good choice about Chicago- one of my favourite US cities (reminds me to plan a trip back there soon). Just curious why you're interested in Phoenix. I lived there for a few years and enjoyed the surrounding areas for hiking but didn't love the city itself. To generalise- it's a bunch of strip malls and golf courses. Of course there are other things, but they are few and far between. Literally. Phoenix is one of the most sprawling cities and you'll definitely need a car- be prepared for traffic all day, not just during "rush hours". Instead of Phoenix, I recommend Tucson. It's easier to get around, the people are friendlier (in general), and has the same landscape as Phoenix. And from Tucson, you could do an overnight trip to Phoenix (about a 2 hour drive).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines