Salt Lake City Travel Answers

change location

possible move

by azsnkman Online Now Jan 4, 2005 at 7:25 AM

My wife and I are hating Arizona with a passion and looking to move away. Her entire family is in Utah spread out from Provo up to Ogden. When we went to visit I thought it was amazing and absolulty loved it...from the cold weather to the snow etc. Any suggestions or opinons on moving to Utah with me being catholic and my wife Mormon

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: possible move

by westonclark Online Now Jan 6, 2005 at 11:26 AM

You should definatley look into moving to Salt Lake City proper. It is the most diverse population with plenty of Catholics, and plenty of Mormons. More of the latter, of course, but it is diffused enough to make it livable for all types :-). Try the Avenues, 9th and 9th, 15th and 15th or sugarhouse as area's to live, those are my favorite. Although they are probably the most liberal parts of the city. If you like Suburbs, I would go north rather than South. Look in North Salt Lake City, Woods Cross, Bountiful, West Bountiful, Centerville, or Farmington. All small cities, but all with much more of a history and nice feel than anything South or West of the city. There is definately more of a Mormon dominance in those cities, but livable. Good luck on the move. Utah isn't for everyone, and I never like to tell anyone to move here because it keeps it just the way it is for me...perfect!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mittens's Profile Photo

Re: possible move

by mittens Online Now Jan 12, 2005 at 4:43 PM

I agree with both previous posters. If you want suburbs, in addition to what was mentioned you can look at east neighboorhoods (canyons, Millcreek, Holladay, Cottonwood Heights) but that's as far south as I would go unless you want to be in the VERY suburban Sandy (housewives, SUVs, etc). SLC is aprox. 50% Mormon, all of Utah is about 70-80% Mormon. If you can afford the Avenues (just north of downtown) or even Westminster (aka Harvard/Yale), you'll be very happy here. Arizona is really conservative so I don't think you'll notice a huge change in the oppressive politics compared to what you're already dealing with. mittens

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines