Travel Answers
Salou

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Daughter in Lloret de Mar... needs companion for day trips!

Lloret de Mar Jun 29, 2015 at 3:28 PM

My 17 year old would love a companion to see the countryside. She needs ideas for an eventful summer and a chance to practice her Spanish. She is staying with family friends and is anxious to connect during her free time.

more
    • transportation

Barcelona Jun 13, 2015 at 2:58 PM

whats the cheapest and easy way to get from barcelona spain to savona italy

more
    • 7 nights stay in barcelona

Barcelona Jun 8, 2015 at 10:28 AM

planning 7 nights in Barcelona in june end....need to know how hot it is during this period (last week of june),

Wanna do city tour, coastal areas & also drive country side....

can anyone suggest some good spots please?

Also need to enjoy barca night life?

How do we plan our 7 nights in Barcelona?
      Ashwin

more
    • gbrfjr918's Profile Photo

Restaurant for birthday with 7 people

Barcelona Jun 22, 2015 at 10:00 PM

What is a restaurant with a nice atmosphere great food & bar that is between $15-$30 per person (food not counting drinks) I am staying at the Sercotel Amister art Hotel so if anything is near there that would be great but don't mind traveling by taxi if need be.

more
    • gbrfjr918's Profile Photo

Sercotel Amistar Art Hotel

Barcelona Jun 22, 2015 at 7:48 AM

Has anyone stayed here and is it easy to navigate around the city or is it far away?

more
    • winer2000's Profile Photo

cheap hotels in the city

Barcelona Jun 19, 2015 at 7:31 PM

Hi,
      any informations about the cheapest hotels in Barcelona ? thank you

more
    • Holidaying in ya late 40s.

Lloret de Mar Jun 16, 2015 at 4:42 AM

I have just booked a cheap AI holiday to Lloret and now I am worried sick . I may of done the wrong thing. Use to think Lloret was a quiet place going 16th sept, but looking at TripAdvisor things look wild. Not what I had planned. Our Hotel is very basic. So may need places to eat and drink, with some life in them but not manic. Does anyone have any suggestions please. It's my friends first time abroad an I worried she won't like it.T.I.A xx

more
    • Day trip with young children

Tarragona Jun 11, 2015 at 9:35 PM

Hello
      I will be visiting Barcelona for 11 days in December and is thinking of going to Tarragona for a day trip. My niece and nephew, both below 7 yrs are going with us. Is Tarragona suitable for kids? Do we need to do a lot of walking?

more
    • lovina's Profile Photo

Nearest rocky beach to the center of Barcelona

Barcelona Jun 9, 2015 at 11:23 PM

Hola to everyone,

I will be staying in Barcelona this week-end (13 and 14 June) and I need to find a beach with rocks for a photo shooting.

Something similar to the beach you can see using the following link:

scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...

This beach (Cala Estreta) is two hours away and I need one much closer to Barcelona center. Probably not as beautiful, but similar.

Are there any, or is it mission impossible ?

Thank you for helping,
      Cheers,
      Mauro

more
    • maz100's Profile Photo

barcelona/biarritz 2

Barcelona Jun 14, 2015 at 3:41 AM

I actually found an overnight bus to Irun. My question now is should i take the train or bus to complete my journey to Biarritz and can I just turn up or book in advance (I am going in August)?

more
    • Advice on our 10-days trip to Barcelona

Barcelona Jun 28, 2015 at 7:54 AM

Hello community!

I'm beginning with a big THANK YOU to anyone who will help us. This community is amazing and I'm sure we will receive a lot of good information.

So, we are a young couple of students (25 yo) who is staying in Barcelona from July 20 to July 30. We will be staying just north to the Barceloneta area, very close to the Escola de Nautica (Nautical School) and the train station. We will stay there the whole duration of our stay.

A bit about us: we are from Italy (arriving by airplane), we like beaches and the sea and we tend to spend not too much on restaurants or entry fees; if something is really really really worth it, then it is not a problem at all but otherwise we try to stick with worthy free alternatives and things to do. We love nature and central city areas alike, walking and losing ourselves in big cities in the evening while eating an ice cream or a slice of pizza... I don't know if you get what I mean. We also like natural places very much.

Another important thing is that we are vegetarian and we do not drink alcohol but we do not have any problem with places where these things are normally done.

So, we are currently planning our trip. We are quite active and we seek to visit many places and things to see/do, we are not looking for a completely "relaxed vacation" in the sense that we do not want to just go to the beach and stay the whole day there or stay the whole day at home; we certainly want to relax and not keep rushing and running but we also don't want to miss out beautiful places and things to do. I hope 10 days are enough to enjoy (at least some aspects) of Barcelona.

That said, we already researched and looked up for places we are sure we'd like to see. Some of these are: Sagrada Familia, Barrio Gotico, Parc de la Ciutadela and Parc Guell, Montserrat and various city center squares and places. There are also other free-entry/without fee places we will be going to but I'll not mention them here, otherwise the list may get huge.

So we are looking forward to suggestions, on what we shouldn't absolutely miss out, what instead should be avoided, special events or things to do during our stay (from 20th to 30th July), which restaurants/pizza are advised and which are to be avoided (we are vegetarian), what are the best beaches to visit and which should be avoided instead, maybe also how to save up on expenses (food, entry fees, getting around) and in general any suggestion on how to organize our 10 days there. Are there also some fun low-cost/free activities to do?

I hope we will get many replies so that we can start defining things more in detail.

Thank you so much in advance, for your time and for the advises.

more
    • Drayman151's Profile Photo

Hop on hop off tourist bus

Barcelona Jun 16, 2015 at 12:01 AM

Hi
      Has anyone used this for sightseeing? Is it best to purchase a ticket before you arrive in Barcelona or purchase it in Barcelona the price for 2 days in UK is £57 for 2 people

Thanks

more
    • One week in Barcelona

Barcelona Jun 9, 2015 at 3:35 AM

Hello !
      My friends and I have scheduled to go to Barcelona in September, probably the first week of the month. We are going by car and we don't know yet how to organize our trip. Do you have any advice about what to see and what to do ? Have you some hostels to recommend ?
      We are quite interested about street art, so what are the most relevant places to see about that ?
      I truly appreciate any advices in advance !

more
    • Best way to travel from Barcelona to Lourdes

Barcelona Jun 10, 2015 at 11:29 PM

My brother and sisters are planning to go to Lourdes after our cruise from Barcelona. We like to rent a van with driver to take us there. Can anyone recommend someone. There are 10 people in our group. We also have luggage since we'll just come back from a cruise. I think a 15 seaters van is ideal. Can anyone recommend someone? Or is there any group or organization that can take us there? We are all originally from the Philippines. Thank You!

more
    • JojoSpain2004's Profile Photo

Living in the Maresme area

Pineda Jun 6, 2015 at 8:02 AM

Hi,
      I've just joined the site, and looking for some advice, please! I have a holiday apartment on the Costa Azahar, but want to move further north, near Girona/Barcelona. I've looked at Pineda de mar (pre-visit) as it seems to have the right balance of location for airports and trains, near the sea and town and access to the touristy areas. I have to consider my 74 year old mum with hip/knee probs and teenage daughter!
      Thanks in advance :)
      Jo

more
    • Left Luggage

Tarragona Jun 15, 2015 at 9:48 AM

I am spending a day in Tarragona stopping off on my way from Barcalona to Reus airport. Do you know if there left luggage facilities at Tarragona train station or anywhere else?
      cheers

more
    • fist timers

by StephenH23 Online Now May 8, 2015 at 5:49 AM

myself and my wife who uses a wheelchair are planning on salou next year and want to choose the right accomodation
      so if anyone can help it would be appreciated. we would like to be close to a good choice of bars and not have to be in an area with hilly parts , were not beach users but would like to not be too far away from the fountains . we like a good karaoke bar an d eat out so good choice of restaurants nearby would be nice. even though were in our 50s we are young at heart and like lively areas as long as theres no out of control rowdyness . ideally wed like a hotel with ramped access and if possible ground floor acccomodation . also a good bar within the hotel would be nice . was thinking about Salauris palace but slightly concerned it may be a littyle out of the way and in a hilly area . sorry for being longwindd but all replies would be appreciated

7 Answers May 30, 2015 at 3:56 PM
    • How much money average per day

by Daventry95 Online Now Apr 12, 2015 at 6:34 AM

How much much money per day on average will you need here

3 Answers Apr 13, 2015 at 7:01 AM
    • tobacco shops

by LorraineH7 Online Now Feb 15, 2015 at 3:00 PM

Booked cye apartments where is nearest tobacco shop. Thanks

2 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 5:15 AM
    • beach walk

by ladybeck Online Now Jul 5, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Can you walk along the sea front from cap salou to salou?

1 Answer Jul 6, 2014 at 12:34 PM
    • Portaventura

by apeacey Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 5:04 AM

Hi I visited Salou around 6 years ago and my family loved portaventura looking at booking for when we come in July but just at the evening ticket 7-12. Is it worth it? or do you think we best book the full day? we are not ones for big rides.x

• Lumine Resort

by apeacey Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 5:01 AM

Thinking of having a day here with my husband and two boys age 13 & 15 would anyone reccomend?

• First time travel to salou

by Yukjeanlee Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 5:43 AM

Hi there everyone! I am traveling to salou in early August for the week with my 2 kids aged 12 and 13! As its my first time I salou just wondering if it is safe enough ? Is there places we should avoid and are there things for my 2 kids to do? I've already booked the theme park and aqua park tickets but just wondering if there were anything else to do for them! Thanks in advance 

3 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 8:05 AM
    • supermarkets

by carrolmalia Online Now Jun 16, 2014 at 2:37 AM

Hi, I will be travelling to La Pineda in July with my family. Can anyone tel me if there is a supermarket or where is the best/cheapest place to buy groceries. We will not be hiring a car so need to be able to shop locally. Many thanks!

3 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 6:15 AM
    • fast track tickets for portaventura

by alybong69 Online Now Jun 10, 2014 at 3:08 AM

Hi there, do you purchase fast track tickets inside the park ? I am hoping to purchase tickets/vouchers before I go but nobody seems to mention fast track tickets

1 Answer Feb 13, 2015 at 2:32 AM
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

Rodalies de RENFE

by alectrevor Online Now Jun 8, 2014 at 3:13 AM

Do they issue return tickets for Rodalies de Catalunya trains .? I can only see one way single ticket prices on the web page. Thanks.

3 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 11:22 PM
    • travel info;

by michael-quinn4544 Online Now Jun 4, 2014 at 3:44 PM

how could i travel from Salou to Barcelona and how much would it cost ?

2 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 6:07 AM
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

Suggestion for trip

by alectrevor Online Now May 25, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Hi I have been to Salou many times, and had day trips to Barcelona, Tarragona .Reus, Cambriles and Tortosa .now i am looking for a town or village to visit that i have not been too. Any ideas please, must be by either bus or train from Salou. Thanks.

3 Answers May 30, 2014 at 2:22 PM
    • Any help appreciated

by curvywineo Online Now May 10, 2014 at 5:25 AM

Hello my best friend and I are thinking of taking our sons who just turn 16 soon to Internacional 11 apartments for their 1st holiday abroad as we are on a limited budget.. We just wondered would there be much in area for them and us to to keep all happy? thank you

• train travel

by nootka4 Online Now May 4, 2014 at 12:54 PM

can i get a train from salou to l'ampolla?

7 Answers May 5, 2014 at 12:54 PM
    • train prices

by rmcdougall Online Now May 2, 2014 at 11:23 AM

what is the price of a return ticket from salou to barcelona

1 Answer May 2, 2014 at 11:33 AM
    • train prices

by rmcdougall Online Now May 2, 2014 at 11:23 AM

what is the price of a return ticket from salou to barcelona

1 Answer May 2, 2014 at 11:32 AM
    • segway hire/tour

by liz.mccall Online Now Apr 20, 2014 at 1:15 AM

can we hire segways in Salou and are they expensive

3 Answers May 13, 2014 at 11:22 AM
    • english breakfast salou

by louvaine Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 5:18 AM

where is best and cheapest place for a cooked breakfast near the international II hotel please?

1 Answer Mar 27, 2014 at 6:45 AM
    • Apartments with All Inclusive

by Gill1809 Online Now Mar 21, 2014 at 5:22 AM

I am a single parent of 2- boy and girls 14 and 12, travelling to Salou for 10 days in July. This year I will be taking my son's friend along (both 14), so would like separate sleeping areas for privacy for all of us, either in a 1 apartment/studio with a bedroom and sofa bed in living room, or a 2 bedroom apartment. I looked at the festival village but too far out and the International 2 but seems everyone has to sleep in the same room.
      This would also be the case with the hotels who do all inclusive, 4 beds in 1 room would be awful,or are there any with an alternative.
      Thanks in advance for any advice

5 Answers Mar 22, 2014 at 3:13 AM
    • CathW9's Profile Photo

hpw much does taxi cost

by CathW9 Online Now Jan 22, 2014 at 1:10 PM

can anyone tell me approx cost of a taxi from Salou centre to the Hotel Sol Costa Daurada?

1 Answer Jan 23, 2014 at 10:16 AM
    • ShirleyW13's Profile Photo

christmas in salou .

by ShirleyW13 Online Now Nov 29, 2013 at 10:06 AM

hi im going to salou for Christmas with my family its a big group 14 of us . can any one recommend a good restaurant for Christmas dinner thank you

• Herbal Remedy

by banno1 Online Now Nov 11, 2013 at 11:34 AM

trying to find a herbal remedy from a stall on Salou market

4 Answers Nov 12, 2013 at 6:27 PM
    • Salou in October

by Amandam1010 Online Now Oct 2, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Hi, I'm looking for some help, I'm looking to travel to salou 2nd week in October and I am just wondering will there be any bars and restaurants open or will they be shut?

2 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 3:41 PM
    • Holiday tax

by Hilarycartwright Online Now Sep 30, 2013 at 8:24 AM

How much holiday tax should we pay in la Pineda

2 Answers Sep 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM
    • Transport in salou

by Emmitcowan08 Online Now Aug 26, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Hi .
      Anyone know best place to catch a bus from salou to tarragona going on holiday to salou would like to go to tarragons for a day . The only prob is I'm disabled therefor I need to use a wheelchair .
      I looked into bus plana but wasn't sure where in salou I would catch one to get to tarragona ?

2 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 5:42 AM
    • age limits for bars

by littlescottishegg Online Now Aug 25, 2013 at 2:34 AM

How strict are the local bars and nightclubs about age limits? I am going on holiday with a small group of friends and one of them is not yet 18, she's not bothered about drinking but will they let her in? Any help would be appreciated :)

6 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 3:37 AM
    • Portaventura Theme Park

by rinanfafan Online Now Aug 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Is Portaventura theme park comparable with Universal Studios Orlando?

1 Answer Aug 23, 2013 at 12:53 PM
    • Restaurants In Salou

by rinanfafan Online Now Aug 21, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Heading to Salou in late September! Could anyone recommend some good quality food and atmospheric restaurants for my wife and I please?

1 Answer Aug 21, 2013 at 2:27 PM
    • When is the best time to go to Salou for the night life?

by JohnnyBoy_GB Online Now Aug 2, 2013 at 5:08 AM

I've been to Salou in October and although I found a few good bars to go at night 007, Bus Stop and Danny Boy, generally though the place seemed to be closed down!

• HowardG51's Profile Photo

Local celebrations in la Costa Dorada

by HowardG51 Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 7:41 AM

I'm going on holiday to the Costa Dorada this August. I would like to know if there is any typical local celebration that I could see during those days.

Thank you!!!