Salò

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Evenings in Griante

Cadenabbia di Griante Jan 11, 2015 at 5:42 AM

We are hoping to travel to Lake Como this summer and are looking at the possibility of staying in Griante. Is there enough buzz in the evenings. We do not look for entertainment but like to potter about, perhaps a few shops and of course spend the evening dining but do like a 'buzz' and people watching. Is this typical of this area.

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Nice hotel in Sirmione.

Sirmione Jan 18, 2015 at 9:49 PM

Could you suggest me a nice three star hotel in Sirmione? It should be possibly not far from the town center.

Thanks!

more
    • Traveling to lecco

Lecco Jan 7, 2015 at 1:05 PM

I am planning to go to Lombardia for a week this July and planning to use Lecco as a base for 3 to 4 days. We'll be traveling during the day and returning in the evening. Is the place nice with restaurants and bars?

Any suggestions will be very helpfull

Thanks

more
    • What time do people go out?

Milan Jan 17, 2015 at 1:49 AM

Where I live the nightlife usually starts at about 12 PM. When is it normal to go out? I heard that in Barcelona people would start going out at about 1 AM, so just wondering how it works in Milan.

more
    • Staying hotel Cristina North west I think

Limone sul Garda Jan 3, 2015 at 9:43 AM

Hi, I'm coming to italy to celebrate my 30th in April,
      We fly into venice in the 6th
      We fly out of Rome on the 14th

I had intended to stay 2 nights in venice , go to lake Garda for 2 nights, travel to rome kinda via Pisa and Verona and stay in Rome 3 nights
      Have I been way way way too adventurous , if so please advise me the best way to make the most of my stay.
      My partner has offered to drive whilst we are there what are car hire prices like or would it be better using public transport.
      Thankyou in advance any advice will be appreciated

Zoe

more
    • Boat service on Lakeccoe Como from L

Lecco Jan 11, 2015 at 11:20 AM

Hi, we will be travelling to Lecco in the second week of Febuary. We heard that trenord offers boat services on lake Como from Lecco. From were in Lecco can we take this service please?

more
    • Luggage Storage

Como Jan 1, 2015 at 8:57 PM

We are travelling from Milan Centrale station to Como and was wondering if there was any luggage storage in Como as we would like to travel around the lakes for a couple of days. Thank you

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Budget accomodation.

Sirmione Jan 9, 2015 at 11:02 AM

Could you suggest a budget hotel or bed and breakfast in Sirmione?

Thanks!

more
    • Traveling from Monza

Monza Jan 20, 2015 at 7:57 AM

Hello,

I will be staying in Monza February 9th through February 12th, and I would like to get away for some day trips while I am there.

Here are the places I would like to visit:
      Bergamo
      Bologna
      Parma

What's the best way to get to these cities from Monza by public transportation? Am I able to catch direct trains or buses from Monza? Or should I go to Milano Centrale and go from there?

Also, how frequent are the trains from Milano Centrale to Monza and vice verca?

Thanks for all of your help!

more
    • piosku67's Profile Photo

Buffet resturants

Milan Jan 8, 2015 at 2:20 AM

I wonder if there are any buffet restaurants in Milan.

more
    • piosku67's Profile Photo

From Malpensa Airport to Via San Gregorio 30

Milan Jan 8, 2015 at 1:01 PM

Would mind helping me a way to get to a hotel from Malpensa Airport to Via San Gregorio 30, please? Does the Malpensa Express go to the Central Station? How much is a ticket ?

more
    • WOOFWOOF's Profile Photo

Half a day in Milan

Milano Jan 17, 2015 at 2:02 AM

We only have half a day in Milan before setting off for Cinque Terre. What would you suggest we do in such a short space of time? We don't wish to go on an organised tour and our starting point is near Milano Centrale station.

more
    • Orvieto - Arrival strategy?

Milan Dec 26, 2014 at 12:57 PM

We plan to arrive for a two night stay in Orvieto (by train) on Sunday afternoon. While we haven't selected our hotel as yet (it will be within the walled city - suggestions welcomed), I'm a little confused at to how to get from the station to "mid-town". I understand there is a funicular (sp?) but can't tell how far it might be from the station and whether a cab to "mid-town" might be more practical. We'll each be dragging 1-and 1/2 "carry on" bags.
      In an obliquely related matter: We planned to pick-up our rental car from Hertz on Monday - Will we be able to drive and park within the town?

more
    • lambert & butler

by alisdair1 Online Now Jun 14, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Thankyou for your reply about L & M Menthol. If they are not available in the whole of Italy, does anybody know if we can get them in France. I have seen them in Spain, but it is a long way to go for a smoke! Help please!

1 Answer Jun 14, 2012 at 11:59 AM
    • lambert & butler

by alisdair1 Online Now Jun 13, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Does anybody know if there is a tobacconist in Salo? We are planning on being there for a couple of weeks so would need to be able to get suplies of L & M menthol and Cafe Creme cigars. Would be nicer to buy them there than in France, or worse still, in England! Many thanks.

1 Answer Jun 13, 2012 at 10:37 AM
    • re cigarettes

by alisdair1 Online Now Jun 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM

is it possible to buy Lambert& Butler menthol cigaretts in salo

• Salo to Gardone

by lesleygiff Online Now Aug 17, 2011 at 3:12 AM

We want to visit Salo in October when we take the ferry across from Garda. Does anyone know if it's possible to walk from there to Gardone along the lakeside? About how long would this take? Many thanks

• Shopping - Gifts

by meredithjr76 Online Now Feb 5, 2009 at 3:54 PM

I would like to purchase a photo/painting of the town of Salo or a book relating history of Salo (in english). Is there anyone in Salo that provides online shopping of such items and is able to send them overseas?
      Thank you

1 Answer Feb 5, 2009 at 4:33 PM
    • Shopping in Salo

by ferg8909 Online Now Feb 12, 2008 at 5:19 AM

Does anyone know if there are any large electrical shops in the Salo region?

2 Answers Feb 13, 2008 at 12:25 AM