Salinas

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cuenca/Street thieves

Cuenca 2 hours ago

Please do not believe in the empty words of police officers in Cuenca, how come if they dislike Colombians and Peruvians they are incapable of putting them behind bars or send the illegal criminals back to their countries? It's so easy to blame it on others. As far as I know, colombians don't waste their time pick-pocketting in the streets of nearby countries, and Peruvians steal a lot but especially in Lima. I lived in Lima, Perú for a month and saw these thieves in action 4 times (they called them pirañas), I also lived in Medellín, Colombia for 13 months and they never stole from me, I even used to walk downtown wearing a watch, sunglasses and sometimes a thin gold chain and nothing happened to me. I lived in Bogotá for many years and yes, it's dangerous there but what city is not? Try doing the same in Baltimore or New Orleans at night in the downtown area and tell me if I'm wrong.

Best Regards,

more
    • La Florista area

Quito Feb 20, 2015 at 7:26 PM

Am planning a week in September and found a great apartment in La Florista area. The owner says it is an artsy area with lots for fun resturants, cafes, etc. If you know Quito would you stay in this area? I don't need to be in the heart of activity (too old for that) but do like to have the area be interesting. Thanks!

more
    • Speedboat baggage allowance

Galápagos Islands Feb 17, 2015 at 5:27 AM

We are scheduled to take the public speed boat from San Cristobal to Santa Cruz. Is there a luggage/kg limit, less than the airlines'?

more
    • where to store valuable and money

Galápagos Islands Feb 3, 2015 at 6:10 PM

We are doing land tour in Galapagos. We are staying in budget hotels which do not have in room safe. We want to know any tips in storing valuables e.g. camera and money when go snorkeling. Also is it safe to leave clothes on the beach?
      Thanks for any tips

more

Near Salinas