Salerno Travel Answers

change location

Question title

by pavero Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 10:14 AM

How do taxi fares work in Salerno, by distance, km, time? looking to take a cab from Grand Hotel Salerno to the port

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: Question title

by mccalpin Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Well, one solution for you would be to email the hotel at info@grandhotelsalerno.it and ask.

Italian taxi companies (including in Salerno) charge both by the kilometer and by the time spent waiting (like at traffic lights). In addition, there is a start charge on the meter that can vary based on the time of day and day of the week as well as extra charges for luggage, extra people, animals, all sorts of things.

I found an old tariff table at taxi.it/download/tariffe/cam... but I think it dates to 2005, so the prices have probably gone up some.

On a map, it looks to me that the distance from the hotel to the port is about 3.5 kilometers...so using that table, the base fare (start up plus distance) would be 6.00 euro plus time waiting plus any extra charges like luggage plus any charges for nights or Sundays, plus any increases in the rates...but, really, if you're taking a day time trip in the taxi on a weekday, I would guess that the fare should be 10 euro or so...i.e., all things considered, it shouldn't be very much.

Disclaimers: I haven't been to Salerno (I lived in Rome), I am not sure of where the entrance to the port is (so the 3.5 kilometers may be off a bit), I don't know how much the tariffs have changed., etc. If you need a better guess than this - contact the hotel...

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Question title

by pavero Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Thank you

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines