Salerno

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Any recommendation about B&B's in Salerno, Naples or Roma

by jrvalentin Online Now Apr 10, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I'm planning to be in Roma/Naples and Salerno during the first week of May 2014 vacationing. I'm on a small budget and will like to know if anyone had any experience with the concept of Bed & Breakfast in Italy. Any recommendation will be great. The plan is to spend most of the time in Salerno but will try to venture into the surrounding areas like Pompeii and Amalfi.

more
    • My first trip to Italy but not sure what is better -cash, credit card, debit card or traveler check

by jrvalentin Online Now Apr 17, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Any recommendation on what is better to bring to Italy. I'm not sure if is better to bring plenty of euro or travelers check. I will like to know what is safer to deal with to pay for goods, transportation and accommodation. Some body told me that American Express have a prepaid debit card. I will be based on Salerno for the first leg of my trip then Rome. Can I use my ATM debit card to get euros? I also read that in some hotels and B&B does not accept credit cards.

more
    • My first trip to Italy but not sure what is better -cash, credit card, debit card or traveler check

by jrvalentin Online Now Apr 17, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Any recommendation on what is better to bring to Italy. I'm not sure if is better to bring plenty of euro or travelers check. I will like to know what is safer to deal with to pay for goods, transportation and accommodation. Some body told me that American Express have a prepaid debit card. I will be based on Salerno for the first leg of my trip then Rome. Can I use my ATM debit card to get euros? I also read that in some hotels and B&B does not accept credit cards.

12 Answers Yesterday
    • Any recommendation about B&B's in Salerno, Naples or Roma

by jrvalentin Online Now Apr 10, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I'm planning to be in Roma/Naples and Salerno during the first week of May 2014 vacationing. I'm on a small budget and will like to know if anyone had any experience with the concept of Bed & Breakfast in Italy. Any recommendation will be great. The plan is to spend most of the time in Salerno but will try to venture into the surrounding areas like Pompeii and Amalfi.

9 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 6:34 PM
    • Bus connections also on weekends?

by Yvonne_from_Germany Online Now Oct 23, 2013 at 6:08 AM

Hi there,
      I´ll arrive at "Aeroporto Internazionale di Napoli" on saturday the 26th of october at ~13:45 and have to reach "84098 - Faiano Salerno Costa d'Amalfi Airport" the same day. No problems during the week - but there is differing information concerning the bus connection....
      Can pleeeease somebody who knows this route tell me correct departure times and where to change the bus for "Pontecagnano"?

thanking you in anticipation,
      Yvonne

12 Answers Oct 25, 2013 at 2:50 PM
    • Planning on traveling from Rome to Salerno July 2014.

by FrancescaNYC Online Now Oct 9, 2013 at 8:46 AM

I have been warned by many of my friends and the internet to stay away from Naples and Sorrento due to the high crime rate and pick pocketer's. Does anyone know anything about traveling to Salerno and is it safer? I will be traveling alone and I would prefer not to have to worry about being robbed. Thank you.

8 Answers Oct 13, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    • Ferry or bus to Positano?

by jbeebs Online Now Aug 20, 2013 at 6:38 PM

We will be arriving by cruise ship to Salerno for one day and would like to go to Positano. We could leave Salerno about 8AM and need to be back from Positano by 5:30.
      Would the ferry boat or the buses be a better choice?
      Can you walk from the cruise shop dock to the ferry dock or the bus?
      Thanks so much.

2 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 12:24 AM
    • Transport from Salerno train station to Ravello

by Claflin Online Now Jul 13, 2013 at 1:19 PM

What's the best and economical transport from Salerno train station to Ravello

2 Answers Jul 13, 2013 at 3:32 PM
    • Salerno Station to War Cemetery

by chistinehami Online Now Jul 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Hi, We have recently discovered my great uncle is buried in the war cemetery at Salerno, I understand this is a way out of town. What is the easiest and quickest way from the station. Would we better getting a taxi and any ideas on cost. Sadly our time is limited as we are on a cruise which calls at Naples. So we are traveling down from there. Many Thanks Chris x

7 Answers Jul 12, 2013 at 3:04 AM
    • Trains to Salerno from Rom's airport

by Claflin Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 6:36 AM

What is the best way to train from Rome's airport to Salerno

13 Answers Jul 13, 2013 at 11:30 PM
    • Train fro Rome airport to Salerno

by Claflin Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 6:35 AM

What is the best way to train from Rome's airport to Salerno?

1 Answer Jul 9, 2013 at 6:50 AM
    • Driving Times

by jaytony Online Now Jun 2, 2013 at 11:33 AM

How long is the drive from Salerno to Potenza?

6 Answers Jun 10, 2013 at 1:01 PM
    • Salerno to Agropoli and Paestum

by kmq2511 Online Now May 23, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Hi I would like to take a day trip to Agropoli and then Pasteum the third week of June 2013. My family and I will be based out of Sorrento. What is the most efficient way to get from Salerno to Agropoli and then to Paestum?

15 Answers Jul 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM
    • Maggione Car Rentals

by ProfessorB Online Now May 7, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Has anyone had experience in rental a car from Maggione? Now booked but having second thoughts after reading multiple negative comments on the web. Thanks.

6 Answers Jul 3, 2013 at 12:48 PM
    • Medical healthcare for infant

by slawchod Online Now Mar 28, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Hello again,

I have one more question. Can you be so kind to give me some advices about health care in Salerno and near are?

I'm going to travel with my 6 months infant and prior arrival I would like to know, where is the nearest (with good opinion & yours recommendation):
      a) medical healthcare for infant
      b) hospital for infant

BTW: Do I need to go to the internist with my infant before going to the pediatrics?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Cheers!

• Internet access & priting in the Salerno

by slawchod Online Now Mar 26, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Hello,

I'm going to stay in Salerno from 31th of March. House which I'm going to rent does not have connection to the Internet. Can you tell me where can I find in Salerno the internet cafe? If yest then is it possible to print something there (I'm asking about it because I need to print my return flight ticket).

BTW: Is there any broad wifi access in Salerno? Is it possible to buy some GSM Internet access for two weeks stay?

Thank you in advance!

2 Answers Mar 27, 2012 at 4:25 AM
    • CAR RENTAL IN SALERNO

by PAOLA1978 Online Now Aug 31, 2011 at 9:22 AM

HELLO! I'M COMING TO SALERNO VIA HOLLAND AMERICA CRUISE WITH MY HUSBAND AND 4 OTHER FRIENDS AND WE WOULD LIKE TO RENT A CAR TO DRIVE DOWN THE COAST TO AMALFI AND SORRENTO.
      COULD ANYONE PLEASE SUGGEST A CAR RENTAL PLACE? IS THE CRUISE PORT CLOSE TO THE "DOWNTOWN" AREA TO PICK UP THE CAR? OR DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A CAR RENTAL AGENCY THAT WOULD BRING THE CAR TO THE PORT?
      HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO DRIVE TO SORRENTO AND BACK? WE ONLY HAVE 8 HOURS IN TOTAL.
      I RELLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP!!!
      GRACIAS!!

14 Answers May 7, 2013 at 5:25 PM
    • indian restaurant

by tusharbent Online Now May 30, 2011 at 6:01 AM

hi,
      I want to visit Amalfi,salerno in July. plz suggest an indian restaurant in amalfi,positono or salerno, if exists.
      thanx

3 Answers May 31, 2011 at 5:53 AM
    • Salerno train stations

by butterman75 Online Now Feb 26, 2011 at 1:50 PM

When researching train schedules on the Italia Rail site, i see there are 3 stations listed for Salerno: Salerno, Salerno Duomo Via, and Salerno Irno. Is there a map somewhere that shows me exactly where each of these are located? I am going to be staying at the Hotel Plaza. I know there is a station very close to it but does anyone know which one it is?

Thanks!

2 Answers Feb 26, 2011 at 2:19 PM
    • idiots guide travelling from naples airport to sorrento

by 3ems Online Now Dec 3, 2010 at 2:10 PM

hello, sorry if this has been posted elsewhere! have just booked flights for my parents to Naples, they are heading for the war cemetery in Salerno and we plan to book a hotel there for them. They are seasoned package tourists and happy to go it alone but but only if we have it sorted for them! i'd like some ideas on how they should travel from Naples airport to Salerno,bus,train etc??
      Also,if we were to book them a hotel in Sorrento instead, so they could make a holiday out of it, would they be able to travel to Salerno easily?
      many thanks as any help would be fabulous.
      mandy

3 Answers Dec 4, 2010 at 1:23 AM
    • nalahacjr's Profile Photo

Salerno to Minori

by nalahacjr Online Now May 18, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Hello to All -

My wife and I will be coming to the Amalfi Coast in early July with nothing but a couple of backpacks and a tent. We fly into Rome and plan on taking the train from Rome to Salerno, with our final destination being a campsite in Minori. We arrive in Rome at 15.45 and I have looked into trains that leave at 17.30 and arrive in Salerno around 19.30 or 20.00. Now I am looking to find the best way to get from Salerno to Minori... bus, taxi, other? I am thinking bus, but haven't been able to locate anything online and was wondering if you would be so kind to tell me if this is possible and how frequent I can expect there to be buses - as we are arriving in Salerno around 20.00.

Also, I am not 100% sure we will be able to make the campsite by the time it is closed for the night we arrive, so if you have any suggestions along that route of a cheap place to stay for one night please feel free to share

Thank you in advance!!
      Ryan

5 Answers May 19, 2010 at 10:47 PM
    • Train to Rome from Salerno

by JulieBS Online Now Apr 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM

I will be staying in Positano and I've heard an alternate way to get to Rome is to take a ferry to Salerno and then a train from there to Rome. Has anyone tried this and is it a good way to go?

6 Answers Jun 25, 2010 at 9:55 AM
    • Bus from Leonardo da Vinci Airport to Salerno

by mamaroma Online Now Jul 29, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Every trip when I arrive in Rome I take a bus,right outside the airport to Salerno.I am arriving on Sunday and would like to know what time the bus leaves the Rome airport.
      Thank you,

5 Answers May 1, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    • brandonmarlo's Profile Photo

Any news about Salerno's Airport?

by brandonmarlo Online Now Apr 1, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Anybody knows when is going to be ready Salerno's airport?

Any news welcome!

Thanks!

3 Answers Apr 1, 2009 at 6:50 PM
    • HELP

by julenedec Online Now Feb 16, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Hi,

I am planning a trip next spring. I would like to visit Rome for a few days and then travel down to Amalfi Coast given my family heritage is from the town of Amalfi. Where is the best location to stay and what is the best mode of travel? Should I rent a car or use other forms of transportation. I also plan to visit Pomepii, Positano etc. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks, Angela

1 Answer Feb 16, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Specially for the locals (but not only)...questions

by brandonmarlo Online Now Jan 4, 2009 at 8:20 PM

OK I was in Salerno and really enjoyed it. I was just 3 days so I didn't move basically out of the center (pedestrian area and old part of town mainly).

My question are,

1) How is the rest of the town in direction south, but without leaving the town (Cristoforo Colombo - Leucosia - Clark - Salvador Allende?) It looks like the town continues about 5 kilometres more in the map. What happens 2 - 3 - 5 km from the center?

2) Does the city change? If it does in which way?

3) Is there seaside also there, I've seen one after the Piazza della Concordia but didn't know if continued all the way south or what, it was pretty rainy and the sea wasn't calm when I was there (in December). Is there seaside all the way those 5 kms in Summer? How crowded they get? Are there hotels too, which ones?

I want to know about this especific area, the rest of the city of Salerno SOUTH out of the center, not about what is before, going to Naples, that I already know.

Thanks a lot!

Brandon Marlo

3 Answers Jan 7, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Salerno in Winter!

by brandonmarlo Online Now Nov 18, 2008 at 5:40 PM

I would like to visit Salerno sometime between Nov-Dec for 3-4 days.

Just want to hang out a bit there to get away from colder Germany, and basically eat good and walk a bit around (NOT to visit museums, etc at this time) to relax a bit from work.

My questions are:

1) How do I get from Naples airport to Salerno?

2) Which hotels you recomend me to be in a nice area (next to the see?) with many restaurants and safe (not looking for youth hotels) under 100 a night (I've seen that hotels are much less than this in general but just in case I mention it).

3) any extra comments, things I should know about the place, whatever, are all welcome!

Thanks!

Brandonmarlo

7 Answers Dec 17, 2008 at 4:26 AM
    • Travel from Salerno to Cava deo Tirenni

by lolamig Online Now May 8, 2008 at 8:51 PM

Hello;
      I will be vacationing in Praiano this coming September and I would like to visit friends in Cava dei Tirreni. I know there is a bus that goes along the coast to Salerno, but is there a train from Salerno to Cava? My friends live in the old part of cava. I would appreciate any travel tips. Thank you

1 Answer May 8, 2008 at 10:12 PM
    • where to get a tattoo in salerno/the amalfi coast

by BellaBull Online Now Jan 20, 2008 at 12:48 AM

I will be in Amalfi in early/mid May and am thinking of getting a tattoo while there (I already have several, so this isn't a new thing) - does anyone know of a particular (reputable) place to go or have tips on choosing a place (i.e. uses new, sealed needles) and what prices start at in general? Is there any tipping protocol?
      Any help here is much appreciated.
      Thanks in advance!

• Salerno to Sicily

by jdgebutch Online Now Dec 25, 2007 at 8:16 AM

We a traveling from Positano to Salerno by bus, and then taking the train to
      sicily. How far is the bus station to the train station.

1 Answer Dec 25, 2007 at 8:38 AM
    • amalfi coast and Hurculaneum

by sammyk Online Now Sep 9, 2007 at 12:11 PM

We will be on a cruise in October that will be in the port of Naples for one day. We would like to see Hurculanueum and the Amalfi coast. It seems like that would be a tough trip on a good day. Our ship offers this tour (Pompeii instead) plus a lunch too. I think it would be a very hurried up experience. We want to spend less time eating and more time exploring the sites. We think doing the sites on our own will give us an oppertunity to see more of what we want to see. The only problem is trying to figure out the traveling modes. From what I can tell the train to Serrento then the bus to Amalfi will be at least 2 1/2 hours one way (total of 5 hrs of just riding) We then don't have time to see Hurculaneum. The Metro del Mare is about 2 hour one way but I can't figure out the time schedule from their chart. Any help would be appreciated. Is a shorter route Via a Northern way. Train to Salerno then bus to Almafi. Can this be done? Is it worth it.

1 Answer Sep 9, 2007 at 7:19 PM
    • TRAVELING FROM SALERNO TO ROME?

by hbonthego Online Now Jun 18, 2007 at 8:34 AM

We are actually staying in Massa Lubrense and doing a day trip to Capri. When returning to the Fiumcino airport in Rome...I see one way is to take a taxi or a bus from Massa Lubrense 2 miles from Sorrento and leave from Salerno on Rail Europe to the train station Rome Termini then get on the Leonardo Express train to the Fiumcino airport in Rome.

Would anyone recommend a more efficient route? I realize I can also travel from Sorrento to Naples and Naples to Rome using the Circumvesuviana and the train from Naples to Rome. Just concerned about the number of connections.

6 Answers Jun 22, 2007 at 6:13 AM