Salem

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hallie Ford Museum of Art

by palley Online Now Aug 30, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Why doesn't the Virtual Tourist guide mention the Hallie Ford Museum of Art, on the campus of Willamette University? HFMA is the only museum of its type and quality between Portland and Eugene, and it's a gem among university art museums. For people who enjoy visual art, HFMA should be a "must see" while visiting Salem.

4 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 8:39 PM
    • Journey By Motorcycle from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

by johnwispinski Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 4:52 PM

We are going to the 41st. BMW Motorcycle Rally from July 18 to 21, 2013 in Salem, Oregon. We want to know which scenic roads are best going down the coast of Washington/Oregon to Salem for the event and then which roads to take going east from Salem, Oregon into Montana and up again to Waterton National Park on the US/Canada border. We will be entering the USA near Abbotsford British Columbia. We want to stay away from major highways as much as possible.....any ideas? Of course we will be riding our motorcycles.Do not know the area at all and would like to take in the best scenery that we can. We have two weeks in total.

2 Answers Mar 10, 2013 at 10:23 PM
    • Does anyone know this restaurant?

by TogaParty87 Online Now Feb 18, 2006 at 9:01 PM

I remember going to a burger place in salem about a year and a half ago, and i was wondering if anyone knew what place i was talking about. i went there again recently in search of the place (they had really good burgers), but i just couldn't find it! anyway, all i remember about it was that it had coca cola stuff EVERYWHERE! it was completely decorated with coca cola memorabelia, and they had really tasty burgers. i'm sorry, but that's all i remember and all the information i can give u about the place. if you know where i'm talking about, please tell me, my mom's been bothering me about it because she says she really wants to go there again.

oh! i just remembered something else that might be able to identify this place. we were in salem coming from lincoln city, going back south to california. i think the place was right off the freeway, but i'm not too sure about that. anyway, it would probably be right about wherever the 5 meets whatever highway it is that takes you out to the coast. sorry, i'm not a native, so i can't be more specific. but any information would REALLY help! thanks.

1 Answer Jul 18, 2006 at 7:15 PM
    • Need help with Salem visit

by AlohaJim Online Now Jul 10, 2003 at 11:38 AM

Am bringing daughter to help settle her in at Willamette U. as freshmen late August. Can anyone help in suggesting good/great accomodation in Salem for family of four? Which area of the city would be best to stay? Will probably have car but not sure yet. Any assistance/suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you. Aloha,