change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• abs87's Profile Photo

New Year's Eve & general visit

Boston Mar 22, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Hi there, I am embarking on a trip around USA, Canada, Jamaica and Cuba, just in the initial planning stages and looking to spend New Year's Eve in Boston. I am a 26 yo solo female traveller I have been to Boston once before but just did the tourist sites, this time looking to go to more local bars and hangouts meet some new people. I was thinking of arriving on the 30th December and heading off on the 2nd January.

Just looking for suggestions as to any good social spots, not into nightclubs, more bars and pubs, nothing too fancy, maybe even if there is way to find fellow travellers who may be looking to meet up and have a good night out on the town.

I would like to stay at HI Boston (any recommendations/feedback welcome) last time stayed in hotels looking for something a little more social! I know it's very early to be planning for New Year's Eve but it's an important part of my trip and want to be somewhere fun.

Thanks for your time! Abbie

more
    • 1jabbar's Profile Photo

shuttle bus from Greyhound station to Logan airport

Boston Apr 13, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Anyone tell me if there is a shuttle service from greyhound station to Logan Airport. Thank You

more
    • travel pam

Boston Apr 8, 2014 at 1:34 AM

what about renting a car? Should I rent a car or just use public transit system? I will be flying into Logan Airport and staying at a downtown hotel

more
    • directions to childrens hospital

Boston Apr 6, 2014 at 9:24 PM

I am coming from NH to a doctors appointment at childrens hospital. Instructions have me take the Storrow Dr exit going past Fenway Park which I would like to avoid as there will be a home baseball game that day. I can only leave a half hour earlier than normal and am afraid this will not be enough extra time to make it through the game traffic. Looking for suggestions for an alternate route to the hospital.

more
    • Visit to Salem 2014 planning stages/Help!

by shazam01 Online Now Nov 18, 2013 at 6:36 PM

i would like to plan my vacation to Salem in October, 2014. What is the best week with events going on to visit. My boss wants dates and i have to fly so i want to book it and put in for the vaca days.

3 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    • Beaches/Attractions-Salem Mass

by cotop1127 Online Now Jun 25, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Interested in visting Salem. I have 2 teenagers, one interested in haunted houses, etc., the other interested in going to the ocean and/or beaches. Are there beaches in Salem not far from other attractions my other teenager would be interested in? Thanks!

1 Answer Jun 26, 2013 at 9:48 AM
    • Were to go!

by anngarywade Online Now May 27, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Im visiting Salem Mass next week,and I'd like to weed out the not so great attractions (only have a couple of days!) can someone help lead me to the best ones!! I have a visitors guide,but am finding some reviews on line not so great on some.
      I have a couple down so far:1) Hex old witchery-sounds good!
      2) Salem night tours or Salem witch walk?
      3) House of seven gables
      4) Witches cottage
      Any recommendations would be great! Im not to much of a play or re-enactments type!
      Also can I get tickets on line,how do I find the cost of some of these.
      And water front stuff! Thanks soooo much!

2 Answers May 30, 2012 at 7:03 AM
    • Salem in December

by cazzza Online Now Jun 12, 2010 at 5:01 AM

Hi, we are planning a trip to the US from Australia and want to visit Salem in Dec 2010. I have noticed on the different websites that some attractions are only open until October/November. Can anyone advise us as to whether it is worthwhile visiting this time of year as we are making a special trip to Boston just to visit Salem. Thanking you in advance
      Carol in Australia.

3 Answers Jun 14, 2010 at 6:41 PM
    • Bavavia's Profile Photo

152 Endicott Street/I-95 Route 128 & Endicott Street Danvers, MA 01923

by Bavavia Online Now Oct 26, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Hello,
      From this address, is it easy to get to the major sites? would you recommend driving from this address to the area where the major sites are located or do you recommend a taxi? or a bus?

152 Endicott Street/I-95
      Route 128 & Endicott Street
      Danvers, MA 01923

thanks

4 Answers Oct 29, 2009 at 4:13 AM

152 Endicott Street/I-95 Route 128 & Endicott Street Danvers, MA 01923

by Bavavia Online Now Oct 26, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Hello,
      From this address, is it easy to get to the major sites? would you recommend driving from this address to the area where the major sites are located or do you recommend a taxi? or a bus?

thanks

Parking in Salem

by Bavavia Online Now Oct 17, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Hello
      I scanned forum for information on parking and did not see any recent postings.
      I was planning on a trip to salem and the hotel is about 3 miles from the attractions. Is there easily accessible safe ( safe for car ) parking near the attractions or is there a shuttle or something along those lines to take people to the tourist area of the city? i plan on staying at the Days Inn which is about 3 miles from the attractions.
      Thanks so much!! ( plan on going next week and probably stay on a Thursday evening and check out Friday)
      thanks

2 Answers Oct 18, 2009 at 11:13 AM
    • moiraistyx's Profile Photo

Salem with 3 children?

by moiraistyx Online Now Jun 25, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Richie and I are planning a day trip to Salem with the children, we want to avoid the tourist crap like the pirate museum, but still give them a good feeling of how cool salem is. Anyone got any recommendations on child friendly things to see there and some decent child friendly places to eat.

4 Answers Jun 28, 2009 at 5:25 PM
    • moiraistyx's Profile Photo

Bed and Breakfast on a budget

by moiraistyx Online Now Jan 20, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Can anyone recommend a bed and breakfast in salem that is convenient to the local attractions and restaurants?

1 Answer Jan 22, 2009 at 10:33 AM
    • Halloween week in Salem, MA

by Sparkles124 Online Now Oct 11, 2007 at 10:53 AM

I am traveling to Salem in a couple weeks for the weekend of Oct. 26-28. My question was, do people dress up in costumes on the days prior to the actual Halloween day? I am wondering if we should bring costumes w/ us, or not bother. Thanks so much for any info!

• Paris92's Profile Photo

Things to do in Salem

by Paris92 Online Now Oct 4, 2007 at 5:20 PM

Hello, Everyone,

I'm looking for ideas about where to go in Salem, MA. Specifically, how to combine fun and education (for school-age children). I'm thinking in terms of a short one or two day trip (I've heard it can be "done" in a day), but I'd still love to know about really great surrounding attractions.

Thanks!
      Courtney

3 Answers Oct 8, 2007 at 1:11 PM
    • The Salem Witch Museum

by sunprescot Online Now Oct 1, 2007 at 3:42 PM

What other exhibits/things to do are there at the Salem Witch Museum besides the theatrical performance?

3 Answers Oct 2, 2007 at 11:30 AM
    • Inscription needed

by jgoulborn Online Now Aug 18, 2007 at 3:45 PM

I was just in Salem recently, and took a photo of an inscription on the ground leading into the Memorial where the benches are inscribed with the victims names and dates, beside the Burying Point. I was wondering if someone could give me the full inscription that is written there.

• Seance

by sandyf53 Online Now Oct 9, 2006 at 5:26 AM

Does anyone know of any seance's that are in October besides the one done with the Festival of the Dead? I saw a few advertised the last time I was in Salem but can't remember where they were. I will be going up on Halloween this year and a Seance is number ONE on my long list of things to do. Thank's for your help in advance.

Sandy!

• holloween

by charlesmilne Online Now Sep 15, 2006 at 12:25 PM

do they have holloween in salem mass and when do they have it?

2 Answers Sep 15, 2006 at 12:44 PM
    • Early 1600's in Salem

by RBHare Online Now Sep 6, 2006 at 7:09 PM

My wife and I are interested in daily life of Salem during the 1600's. Which places in Salem should we see?

Henry Cook (one of my relatives) was a butcher there in 1629 but we don't know anything else about him. It would be fun to learn how he lived.

Thanks Much
      Dick

1 Answer Sep 10, 2006 at 8:47 PM
    • Are there taxi cabs waiting at Salem Depot?

by scarlettjoy Online Now May 25, 2006 at 2:52 PM

Hi,

I'll be taking the commuter rail train from North Station for an event at Salem State College, arriving around 1pm in the afternoon on a week day. Does anyone know if there are taxis waiting at the station?

Also, does anyone know how to get a cab back from the college?

thanks!

Scarlett

• Suggestions for a Family?!?

by BargainBethli Online Now Aug 26, 2005 at 6:22 PM

Please help. There are so many different witch museums. I have 3 children ages 13, 10, & 4. Which one would be the most appropriate for all three? Which places can a 4year old enjoy? Any comments on the Pirate Museum? Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Aug 27, 2005 at 12:43 AM
    • CBBluesman's Profile Photo

Salem in a Day

by CBBluesman Online Now Jul 16, 2005 at 4:09 AM

Hi,Anybody up for giving their opinion on the Top things to do in Salem for 1 Day?

1 Answer Jul 19, 2005 at 10:05 AM
    • CBBluesman's Profile Photo

Best Casual Restaraunts

by CBBluesman Online Now Jul 16, 2005 at 4:07 AM

Hi,I'm going to salem with my wife for a day trip from Boston.Can anyone reccomend their choices for lunch and supper?We like atmosphere and good food in out of the ordinary settings.Thanks

1 Answer Jul 19, 2005 at 10:11 AM
    • Need help in Salem!!!

by mccm333 Online Now Oct 13, 2004 at 11:38 AM

Hi, We are visiting Salem on Halloween weekend. What is the best of the best that we should not miss!!! Please help! the McCarthy family

1 Answer Oct 13, 2004 at 2:39 PM
    • kazander's Profile Photo

Car or Train?

by kazander Online Now Oct 12, 2004 at 7:04 AM

We're going to be staying in Boston during the Halloween weekend. We are going to go in to Salem on the day of Halloween and staying into the evening. I was wondering which is easier, taking the train from boston or driving? I know there will be a lot of traffic, but would the train really be better? Won't it be dreadfully crowded? Do i have to make reservations? Does it drop me far from the middle of things in Salem? Thanks for all your help!!!! Amy

9 Answers Oct 22, 2004 at 6:58 AM
    • Halloween activities in Salem, Mass

by thunderdome Online Now Sep 29, 2004 at 5:07 PM

I'm going to be on vacation the last two weeks of October. Are there any good Halloween activities in Salem?

6 Answers Oct 2, 2006 at 5:23 AM
    • What is the best of the best at Halloween in Salem???

by mccm333 Online Now Sep 27, 2004 at 11:30 AM

Hi, We are visiting Salem on Halloween weekend. What is the best of the best that we should not miss!!! Please help! the McCarthy family

• Where to Party in Salem this Halloween?

by wflagstone Online Now Aug 4, 2004 at 9:00 AM

I am throwing my sister's bachlorette party this halloween in Salem. Can anyone tell me (1) a inexpensive but fun resturant to eat in (2) a great bar that has dancing and (3) a grave yard tour? Also, what time do the bars close in Salem? Thanks!

4 Answers Oct 2, 2006 at 9:41 PM
    • salem

by daprila Online Now Oct 22, 2003 at 4:37 PM

hi can you tell meif they do any thing for holloween at salem mass i heared they did somethingon theweekend but i was not sure of the date could you please tell me

2 Answers Oct 24, 2003 at 11:32 AM
    • Where to Stay in Salem?

by fraidybat Online Now Jul 15, 2003 at 12:39 PM

My friend and I want to take a 5 day trip to Salem MA this fall. (Sept, Oct or Nov.) The local hotels seem booked already. If we need to stay in a hotel outside of Salem, where is the most practical in terms of taking transit into Salem? We don't know the area at all. Thanks! (We're travelling from Toronto, Canada)

2 Answers Sep 3, 2005 at 5:36 AM
    • Places to Stay

by Naylo11 Online Now Jun 18, 2003 at 6:32 PM

I just discovered this wonderful site and signed up immediately! I've been reading all the helpful things everyone had to say about their visits to Salem (of course, after I already posted my first question about what things I should definitlely see while there, which seems kind of silly now) but I forgot to ask if anyone had an opinion about the Salem Inn. I'm thinking of staying there. What do you think?? Thanks!!

1 Answer Oct 2, 2006 at 4:57 AM
    • What's good in Salem???

by Naylo11 Online Now Jun 18, 2003 at 5:21 PM

I am planning an August weekend trip to Salem. It's such a small amount of time to visit a city so rich in history. Can anyone tell me what I should definitely not miss while I am there?

2 Answers Jun 19, 2003 at 2:54 PM
    • Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Any good seances in Salem?

by Pawtuxet Online Now May 22, 2003 at 6:01 PM

We have a crazy friend who wants to come north to Salem in October. He's always wanted to attend a seance.....and loves Salem. Does anyone have any good leads? Ever been to one?

1 Answer May 23, 2003 at 5:37 AM