Salamis Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• taxi service

Rethymno Jan 9, 2016 at 10:27 AM

we will be staying in nearby maroulas 8km away. how much roughly does a taxi cost to rethymno?

more
    • Travel from Greece to crostia

Greece Jan 24, 2016 at 2:42 PM

We are hoping to visit Athens , Santorini and possibly another island in June. From here we wish to travel to Croatia(Dubrovnik or Split ??).
      Can anyone suggest the most time efficient and cost effective way of doing this?

more
    • Mardai24's Profile Photo

Relaxing, quiet,

Crete Island Jan 27, 2016 at 4:23 AM

We're two active, mid 50's who like a relaxing holiday is small, local places by the sea. Crete is our plan for 2016. Ideally, somewhere with some bars and restaurants and a lack of nightclubs! We plan to travel in September, and go self catering if possible. We're not high maintenance, so long as the place is clean, comfortable and close to amenities, we're good to go. We like to walk, cycle, use local transport and generally explore. We've had a couple of suggestions, Sissi being one. Most of the reviews I read, though, are quite a few years old. Anyone visited recently, got any suggestions?

My wish list (but realise I can't have everything) is: Clean, self catering apartment, sea/harbour view, local/small town/village, bars/tavernas, supermarket, local restaurants.

more
    • mariakaptein's Profile Photo

walking on Skyros and Evia

Skyros Island Jan 24, 2016 at 8:31 AM

Hello,
      In September I plan to go 2,5 weeks to Skyros ans Evia, mainly for walking but I also like
      (pre-)historic places. My plan is: fly to Athens, take ferry to Skyros and stay app. 1 week, then to Evia and spent
      rest of holiday there. Can anyone give advise on places to stay / walks etc. ? Are there also good busconnections or do I need to rent a sooter ?

Thankx !!

more
    • Getting from Delphi to Meteora area.

Delphi Jan 8, 2016 at 2:28 PM

I didn't realize that it would be so hard to get from Delphi to Meteora. I have been reading, and it seems that our best bet would be to try to get the (:53 train from Levadia to Kalambaka. That means that we need to get a bus that would allow us lots of time as it seems that we also need to find a taxi to get us from the bus station to the train station. One question is whether anyone knows what times buses leave Delphi ( guess I should try to find a schedule) and two, this I can't find out. Will we have a hard time finding a taxi in Levadia?

Thanks so much for any info. Elaine

more
    • Dusitlaguna's Profile Photo

Wasps in Thassos

Greece Jan 21, 2016 at 3:59 AM

We have booked Thassos for mid May this year and on many previous visits my wife and I have experienced problems with wasps but cant remember what time of year it was we went.
      My daughter and her husband are not good with wasps, but they insisted we all go to Thassos including our two year old granddaughter.
      I've read that wasps are only a problem on Greek islands August / September onwards, just wondered if anyone visited Thassos last year and were effected by these little blighters

more
    • Salsagirl06's Profile Photo

Ferry from Paros to Milos in September 2016

Milos Island Jan 20, 2016 at 10:31 PM

Does anyone know if there is a daily ferry available from Paros to Milos in mid to late September? I can't seem to find a schedule and have booked a hotel on Milos so not sure how to get there from Paros.

Thanks for any assistance!

more
    • Greece in March

Greece Jan 12, 2016 at 11:54 PM

Planning my trip in March 2nd week to athens and santorini for a week. How is th climate then and is it closed for tourists? Whats the impact of the bomb blast in Turkey yesterday? Will it Impact anything in Greece?

more
    • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Should I book the ferries now?

Greece Jan 18, 2016 at 1:22 AM

Visiting Greece end of June start of July. Have been researching ferry connections between islands on gtp.gr and openseas.gr, which both give me ferry options for my selected dates. Would you recommend I book these now, or wait? Will they sell out if I don't reserve them now, or will there be more connections available as we approach summer?
      The same questions obviously also refer to flights.
      Plan on flying from Athens to Crete and taking the ferry to Santorini, Paros and Mykonos before returning to Athens.
      Another question: is it recommended to finalise all transportation before booking accommodation?
      Thanks!

more
    • ThiagoL's Profile Photo

Athens to Marathon by bus

Marathon Jan 15, 2016 at 1:05 PM

Hey there, I'm planning to go from Athens to Marathon next month, by bus. I read that I have to take the bus named 'Marathon' at Mavrommateon street, is that right? Do you have the updated rate? Is the bus final stop in a walking distance from The Tumulus of the Athenians or should I drop off anywhere else to reach this site? I heard that some drivers do not speak english and are not up to help that's why I'm worried

more
    • 10-12 days Mainland Greece

Greece Feb 2, 2016 at 12:52 AM

Hi, our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids 12yrs and 9yrs) will be in Greece for approx 3.5weeks. We plan to spend 2 weeks on the Greek Islands (including Ios to visit a relative as well 4-5 days in Crete).

That leaves us approx 10-12 days to see the Greek mainland. We will be flying in and out of Athens. Preference to use trains/buses but we can hire a car if that is everyone's recommendation. Any suggestions for itinerary, must see places, where to stay or what to do are appreciated. Any good family friendly destinations would also be good. We are open to all suggestions :)

Thank you for your help and advice

more
    • Where to stay

Santorini Island Jan 24, 2016 at 2:25 PM

We are a group of 8 people planning to visit Santorini this summer. We currently have the choice of 2 villas, one in Pyrgos & one in Oia. There are some young adults in our group who will want to get about and about independently to bars, restaurants etc, so which would be the best place to choose?
      Also, is there an accessible beach in Oia?
      Thank you in advance, Kath Hill

more
    • Schengen Visa

Greece Jan 26, 2016 at 9:20 PM

Hi Will the problem of schengen visa be sorted ? ..would it impact tourists ?

more
    • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Unable to book train online

Meteora Jan 18, 2016 at 1:13 AM

Hi, any advice as to how I can complete an online booking for train 884 from Athens to Kalambaka with return on train 885 in July?
      Went onto tickets.trainise.gr but got the message: This train does not support seat reservations. You can buy a ticket for this train if and only if you have at least one seat reservation at some other part of your journey.
      The website then refused to proceed any further with my booking.
      What have I done wrong?

more
    • Holiday destinations

Greece Jan 27, 2016 at 5:12 AM

Hi, we are 4 girls from which three are 17 years old and one 18 years old. Im looking for a greek island to go to during the summer with intense nightlife and nice hotels. What do you suggest? Also i would like to be informed about other european holiday destinations for 17 years old. Thanks:)

more
    • Archway's Profile Photo

Can anyone please give me advice on visiting Greece in April?

Greece Jan 28, 2016 at 5:16 AM

Hi, I have never been to Greece, so this is new territory for me. I am hoping to visit Greece at the beginning of April this year. I have very limited time (8 days in total) and my arrival and departure dates are inflexible. However, I am hoping to build in some flexibility during the eight days.

So, what I would like to know is, taking into account that it is April i.e. low season, how much flexibility is there with booking ferries and accommodation a day or two before going out to one of the islands like Santorini?

My thinking at the moment is to arrive in Athens and to spend one day/two nights there, and then to get an idea of what the weather is going to be like for the next couple of days. If the weather is quite OK, I would like to book/get on a ferry and head out to an island for a few days. I will need to book accommodation as well, which I would need to do in Athens.

My tentative itinerary looks something like this, but it depends on the weather:

• Tuesday: Arrive late afternoon / overnight Athens
      • Wednesday: Day in Athens / overnight Athens
      • Thursday: Travel to an island, preferably Santorini, using Blue Star Ferries
      • Friday: Santorini / overnight Santorini
      • Saturday: Santorini / overnight Santorini
      • Sunday: Travel to Athens using Blue Star Ferries / overnight Athens
      • Monday: Open day / flexi day
      • Tuesday: Open day / flexi day
      • Wednesday: Day in Athens / overnight Athens
      • Thursday: Depart Athens am

What I am certain of, no matter the weather, is to be in Athens the Wednesday, because I depart Thursday morning.  I do not want to be on an island on the Wednesday only to find myself stuck becaue of bad weather. 

I would appreciate any advice on this matter. 

Many thanks

A

more