Travel Answers
Salamina

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Any experience with getting a Colombian visa /e-visa?

Colombia May 19, 2015 at 1:39 PM

I am traveling to Ecuador in July, and would love to spend a couple of weeks in Bogota on my way in or out, since it's where I am flying into anyway. However, I do need a visa for Colombia - and since I live in Macedonia, and don't have a Colombian embassy and/or consulate here, it seems like the easiest way to go for it would be to go for the e-visa.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with going through the process? On the official website, it says that once the e-visa has been approved, one still has to get a stamp in their passport - either in the Visa and Immigration Office in Bogota, or in the nearest consulate. I have a couple of questions:

• Does it make a difference whether I'd get the stamp in Colombia or in a consulate in a neighboring country?
      • Is getting the e-visa the same as getting a regular visa? Do I stand more chances in getting it if I actually go to the nearest embassy? (which, as it turns out, isn't close to my country at all, so e-visa would still be the best option for me)
      • Is getting a Colombian visa a fair possibility? I mean, if I have all the right documents etc, should I be worried about not getting it?

Thank you in advance for your replies. Any extra info on this would be more than welcome :-)

All the best,
      Nina

more
    • naomixxx's Profile Photo

Buses from Cartegena to Bahia Solano

Colombia May 6, 2015 at 5:43 PM

Hi I will be staying in Categena a few days in September before moving on to Bahia Solano to do the whale watching, is it possible to get a bus , or do I have to fly to Medellin and go from there to Bahia Solano? Any help appreciated

more
    • Age limits

Bogotá May 10, 2015 at 11:21 AM

Hi,
      I was wondering if there are age limits in Bogota (drinking, nightclub entry, driving etc.)

more

Near Salamina