Salamanca

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Residencia Las Conchas

by airylady Online Now Aug 15, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Hi! I just wanted to ask if anybody has heard anything about this residence. I'm thinking of staying there for a few weeks. The location is good, and the price is nice but I'm worried that I can't find any comments from people who lived there. I would be grateful if anyone could give me their opinion.

• Bus to La Alberca

by M0llyM00 Online Now Aug 11, 2013 at 2:31 AM

I would like to visit La Alberca whilst staying in Salamanca at the end of October. Is there a local bus to this beautiful village?

3 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 6:21 AM
    • Lockers

by prigui Online Now Jun 13, 2013 at 5:58 AM

Are there any luggage lockers at Salamanca train or bus station?
      If yes, would a hand luggage fit?
      Thanks!

1 Answer Jun 13, 2013 at 8:30 AM
    • Transpo between Salamanca and Orense

by Ksaludster Online Now Apr 10, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I am splitting up my Camino this year and want to continue by leaving Salamanca and going to Orense to complete the final 100km.
      Gracias
      Kathy

3 Answers Apr 11, 2012 at 5:33 AM
    • Travels from Madrid to Salamanca

by Travel2012 Online Now Mar 12, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I plan to travel to Salamanca from Madrid, hopefully by train. Do you suggest that I purchase the train ticket in advance or can I just purchase it at the station? Also, where can I find a train schedule (departures from Madrid to Salamanca and vice versa for the return)?

I am a US citizen; I have read that the Reenfe.es site is a mess (not what it appears to be), so it was recommended that I book my ticket online at rail europe. Again, I would rather just buy my ticket at the station, if I can ??

Also, not sure if the train runs a regular schedule on Sundays, as that is my return (from Salamanca back to Madrid). If not the train, then should I review bus options for the return?

HELP!

7 Answers Mar 19, 2012 at 2:48 AM
    • life in salamanca

by mohammedx2000 Online Now Feb 23, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Hi guys,

I'm moving to salamanca this april to study spanish and i need some info on the life there.

Is seville night life great throughout the year or is it seasonal?
      is it the best city to experience spanish culture?
      where is the best place to live?
      what is the quality of the transportation there?

help is need urgently!

3 Answers Feb 28, 2012 at 1:12 AM
    • 68maciek's Profile Photo

restaurant, skateboard spot, parking lot (free of charge)

by 68maciek Online Now Feb 15, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Hola,

I'm coming with my family to Salamanca for one night in few days time. Please advice:

1. Restaurants (budget) also where locals eat (or between Toledo- Salamanca).
      2.Is there any skateboard place/park in Salamanca? My 14 y.o. son doesn't care much about old buildings.
      3. Where can I park my car for free if I am staying at Paseo de las Carmelitas street?

Thank you,

Maciek

2 Answers Feb 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM
    • Weather!

by Mwil162 Online Now Sep 13, 2011 at 1:05 PM

I'm studying abroad in Salamanca from September 21- December 17. Can someone give me the basic break down of the weather and maybe what clothes you suggest I pack? I can only bring about 50 Lb worth of stuff in my suitcase, so I can't bring my whole wardrobe! If it helps, I'm from southern louisiana, so I'm used to hot, humid weather with somewhat mild winters. Thanks for any input you can give me!

3 Answers Sep 14, 2011 at 11:51 PM
    • World_Travler's Profile Photo

Places to be, People to meet

by World_Travler Online Now Mar 22, 2011 at 1:15 PM

I'll be in Salamanca for a week and a half and I'll have a lot of free time. I could use some help with some ideas of stuff to do and places to eat. Any help would be great.

2 Answers Mar 22, 2011 at 6:40 PM
    • General Q's

by road2paradise Online Now Sep 21, 2010 at 8:42 AM

I was just wondering if there are ATM's in the Train Station or anywhere else? I'll be using a US Visa Card. Also, are there grocery/convenience stores near the center or Ronda Sancti-spiritus?

• Daytrips from Salamanca

by road2paradise Online Now Aug 27, 2010 at 12:48 PM

I will be staying for three days in Salamanca and was wondering if there are any good towns to spend a few hours. For reference, I stayed in Salerno in Italy (since it's cheap) and spent day trips to Naples and Pompeii. Can I do and see anything like that from Salamanca?

8 Answers Sep 2, 2010 at 8:04 AM
    • Walking to/from Train Station

by road2paradise Online Now Jun 28, 2010 at 9:04 AM

I'll probably be staying at La Petit Hotel in Salamanca in September. It's about a 15-20 minute walk from the station. I'll be leaving to catch a train at 6:30am. I was wondering if it's a good idea to be walking to the station with my rolling carry on luggage at that early hour?

3 Answers Jun 29, 2010 at 3:44 AM
    • Boras's Profile Photo

Fuelling up between Santander and Salamanca

by Boras Online Now Jun 13, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Does anyone know if there are petrol stations on the (A-67/A-62) road down from Santander? I'm planning my route for later in the month and can't find details of petrol stations, service stations, etc.

3 Answers Jun 13, 2010 at 2:01 PM
    • How easy is it to get a student job in Salamanca

by sdmoot Online Now May 16, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Between september and december 2010, i want to go to Salamanca. I wondered if its difficult to get a simple student job in Salamanca. I want to work besides going to a language school. Im 18 years old and i am fluent in Dutch, English and i hope i will become fluent in Spanish!

Thanks in advance!

4 Answers May 17, 2010 at 9:59 AM
    • yuoi's Profile Photo

from Salamance to Portugal

by yuoi Online Now Apr 25, 2010 at 7:37 AM

hello everybody!
      this summer we are planning to go to Spain and Portugal. The problem is that we have to be at the place named Celorico da Beira, and we have to reach it necessarily from Spain. so we think to see Madrid in the first place, then Salamanca and from there to go to Celorico da Beira, coz from the map we saw that there is a high road to the place we need.
      my question is if there is a bus or train which ll be able to bring us from Salamanca to Celorico da Beira? and how much time will it take?
      thank you! I appreciate all of ur advice.

7 Answers Apr 25, 2010 at 1:19 PM
    • studying in salamanca

by kari18 Online Now Apr 30, 2009 at 9:01 PM

i only have a little more than three weeks to spend studying in spain and i was wondering if i should spend all of those three in salamanca or if it would be ok to spend two in salamanca? ill be studying at a language school and living with a host family. i was wondering whether i shouldnt move around too much. i wanted to go to alicante for a week too. and then to barcelona for a couple of days. should i just stay put in salamanca?

4 Answers May 1, 2009 at 3:38 AM
    • lclaudio's Profile Photo

re-posting

by lclaudio Online Now Apr 20, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Hi. i'll be in the city very soon, so, in order to plan my trip, i'd like to know if the most important points of the city are near one of the others, and if can hit it well by foot.

thank's in advance

luiz claudio brasil, rj

5 Answers Apr 23, 2009 at 8:35 AM
    • lclaudio's Profile Photo

historical center-big or small

by lclaudio Online Now Apr 20, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Hi. i'll be in the city very soon, so, in order to plan my trip, i'd like to know if the most important points of the city are near one of the others, and if can hit it well by .

thank's in advance

luiz claudio brasil, rj

2 Answers Apr 20, 2009 at 5:59 PM
    • Pau365's Profile Photo

Apartments to rent for a week?

by Pau365 Online Now Apr 19, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Hi,
      I'm thinking of going to Salamanca for a week or so in early June.
      I was looking for a studio or small apartment to rent in the centre or similar.
      Does anyone know of anything, or any good websites where I can get information on short-term rental apartments?
      Thanks!

1 Answer Apr 19, 2009 at 2:30 AM
    • Savl1's Profile Photo

timetables of main Sights of Salamanca

by Savl1 Online Now Feb 9, 2009 at 8:50 AM

I did not find anywhere the timetables of main Sights of Salamanca. First of all - such monuments as the New and the Old Cathedrals, Las Dueñas Convent and San Esteban convent. Do anybody know where I can see this information ?

1 Answer Feb 9, 2009 at 9:31 AM
    • ellsasha's Profile Photo

Travel from Salamanca to La Rochelle, France

by ellsasha Online Now Feb 1, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Can anyone advise if there is cheap air carrier from Salamanca to La Rochelle, or if a fairly fast train service is available. I will be travelling in May. Thank you.

4 Answers Feb 1, 2009 at 2:39 PM
    • Bus service in city

by Parkmore Online Now Jun 7, 2008 at 8:31 AM

Is there a bus service from train station to Plaza Mayor? Taxis appear to be expensive.

4 Answers Jan 24, 2009 at 8:02 AM
    • safron111's Profile Photo

Student accommodation

by safron111 Online Now May 21, 2008 at 4:56 AM

Dear all,

I'm studying at the Universidad Pontificia de Salamanca for 4 weeks in July 2008. I am enrolled for shared double room + 3 meals at the University hall for 640euros a month. This seems a bit pricy to me, as I have been looking at ads online (for e.g. www.loquo.com). I know it's trickier because I'm only seeking to flat for 4 weeks, but do you have any suggestions?? I would prefer to cook my own food and have my own room, and for cheaper! ?Es posible, no?

Gracias y hasta pronto!

2 Answers May 21, 2008 at 9:57 AM
    • KokeAC's Profile Photo

Help with transportation to Salamanca

by KokeAC Online Now May 19, 2008 at 2:17 PM

HELP. I have booked a hotel in Segovia on Tuesday, May 27th and have booked a hotel in Salamanca on Wednesday, the 28th. I am having trouble finding transportation between Segovia and Salamanca. Is there is a train route? A bus company that takes that route? We will not be renting a car.

2 Answers May 19, 2008 at 11:40 PM
    • rastatuille's Profile Photo

Skateboard tournament

by rastatuille Online Now Apr 30, 2008 at 8:58 AM

I know some very good skaters in Salamanca and I want to find a tournament for them. Is there going to be a skateboard tournament this summer there?

• Tips?

by wearwoolf Online Now Apr 21, 2008 at 6:23 PM

Hi, I will be travelling to Salamanca next week and I was wondering if anyone could give me tips and pointers on where to go to eat or "shop". I'm a student on a very slim budget.

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

2 Answers Apr 22, 2008 at 9:34 AM
    • KokeAC's Profile Photo

Question on Avila

by KokeAC Online Now Apr 15, 2008 at 1:58 PM

I was wondering if anyone knew if there was short term luggage storage in Avila. I will be staying in Salmanca and will stay the next night in Madrid. If possible, I would like to make a short stop in Avila and see what I can in the time I have but it won't be possible if I have to haul around luggage. Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Answer Apr 16, 2008 at 2:13 AM
    • U. of Salamanca clothing items?

by billatexas Online Now Feb 22, 2008 at 8:02 AM

My daughter studied at U. of Salamanca several years ago. There, she bought a baby blue sweatshirt (small) with the university's name and logo.

She recently lost that shirt.

Short of flying to Spain to get her a replacement, is there a store in Salamanca that sells similar university clothing, and accepts on-line orders (by credit card) for shipmnet to the US?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

All the best,

Bill Ainsworth
      Houston, TX

1 Answer Dec 13, 2011 at 7:25 PM
    • Tourist Tram in Salamanca

by Virgil99 Online Now Feb 17, 2008 at 10:45 AM

Is there still a Tourist Tram in Salamanca?
      I think there used to be one that did 20-minute
      tours (in Spanish). Thanks.

• arty_girl's Profile Photo

Places to stay for backpackers

by arty_girl Online Now Feb 15, 2008 at 1:37 PM

Hey there! I'm hopefully gonna be in Salamanca in June and will be travelling with my boyfriend. We'd love to spend as little as possible on accomodation (we're backpacking around spain)and are open to cheap hotels, hostels, guesthouses, camping....

The only thing we do ask is that it would be a private room- I know I'd feel uncomfortable sleeping in a room with strangers.

Thank you!

1 Answer Apr 19, 2008 at 6:54 PM