Saint Thomas Travel Answers

change location
PhilfromRaleigh's Profile Photo

Beach Amenities

by PhilfromRaleigh Online Now Feb 3, 2006 at 12:59 PM

I'll be vacationing on the beautiful St. Thomas Island in May. Can anyone tell me if beach amenities like chairs and umbrellas are available at most beaches and for use by the public. I was there for a single day a couple years ago (a cruise ship guest) and stopped by Sapphire beach only to be told the beach furniture was for guest of the hotel only. Is this typcial? Should I bring my own?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • BadDrachenfels's Profile Photo

RE: Beach Amenities

by BadDrachenfels Online Now Feb 5, 2006 at 7:05 PM

Most beaches are not public. Those that are public may or may not have chairs. Most people bring their own or use a hotel's.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Beach Amenities

by Electrcrio Online Now Feb 9, 2006 at 10:45 AM

All beaches on St. Thomas are public, which means you are able to have a spot on the beach with your own chairs, blankets, etc. There are some beaches, such as Megans Bay or Coki Beach where you can rent chairs for a small fee. When I first saw this at Coki I thought they were con artists, but our SCUBA instructor advised us that its perfectly normal for stuff like that. I would recommend bringing your own towels (or borrow some from the hotel you are staying at) and then renting a chair at one of those beaches (they are both georgous). I would also recommend going to Emerald Beach located near the airport as it is VERY quiet, not crowded and you might be able to sneek some useage out of the chairs at the Best Western.
    Please feel free to email me if you have any other questions about St. Thomas!
    I hope this helps...Have a great time!
    Erica

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines