Saint-Rémy-de-Provence

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Wheelchair User visiting Villefranche

Villefranche-sur-Mer May 16, 2015 at 8:21 AM

What is the best route from the port to the railway station in a wheelchair

more
    • pn1's Profile Photo

Closest public transport to cruise port

Marseille May 11, 2015 at 3:10 PM

I'm on a cruise (RCCL "Allure of the Seas") that spends a day in Marseille on 9 June 2015.

What is the closest public transport stop to the cruise port? I am planning to use local public transport to have a brief exploration of the area,

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Quel est le plus proche arrêt de bus au port de croisière ? Je prévois d' utiliser les transports en commun d'avoir une brève exploration de la région ,

Merci d'avance pour vos conseils .

Paul in Australia

more
    • MTButterfly's Profile Photo

Wine Tasting around Bandol and Cassis

Bandol May 19, 2015 at 3:33 AM

Hi, my husband and I are going to be in Bandol for 2 nights and I would like to know if it is necessary to book wine tasting with an organised group or can one just arrive at the Winery? Neither of us speak French unfortunately.

more
    • silvia1700's Profile Photo

Lockers in theCagnes-sur-Mer train station

Cagnes-sur-Mer Apr 28, 2015 at 5:58 PM

Does anyone know if there are luggage lockers in theCagnes-sur-Mer train station? Thanks

more
    • Takapiru's Profile Photo

SIM card for 10 day's heavy use in Nice+Monaco?

Nice May 14, 2015 at 12:54 AM

I want to know the address of the nearest/best shop in Nice to get a SIM card for my mobile phone and tablet.
      Our hotel is close to Plassa Carlou Aubert and I need the connection 17-28.5 in Nice and Monaco for livestreaming, Google Map, Drive, Facebook, browser, picture email...
      What is the product name and price of that SIM product?

more
    • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Visiting the calanques

Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Apr 29, 2015 at 11:44 PM

What is the best way to visit the calanques if you're NOT based in Marseilles? Will be travelling from Carcassonne to Nice. Is it practical to stop off at Cassis and do a boat trip or hike out to the calanques?

Any advice on best calanque to visit, best hike, best boat tour?

Thanks!

more
    • chrisdScotland's Profile Photo

Voyages-sncf Tickets

Marseille May 16, 2015 at 2:44 PM

I hope to take a train from Marseille to Lyon - morning of 5th September. Last Saturday (9th May) I was on the Voyages-sncf site to see how near to that date they were taking booking. I found they were taking bookings up to Sunday 30th August. I thought that would mean today, a week later, they would possibly be up to my date but it's still only up to 30th August. I know it is usually only 3 months ahead you can book. I have asked that they send me a message when tickets go on sale but is that really likely to be another 3 weeks time?

more
    • Kayak to calanques in cassis?

Cassis May 13, 2015 at 3:19 PM

Coming in on a cruise ship into Toulon, we were planning to hop the train to Cassis and rent kayaks. Has anyone done this? Would you recommend it? I am a little worried about the transportation systems to and from port and possibilities of missing the boat.

more
    • bus stop in cannes france

Cannes May 2, 2015 at 12:39 AM

i will be coming from nice airport on the express bus, i will be staying in an apartment in rue foch can any help me with the nearest bus stop for me thanks

more
    • Takapiru's Profile Photo

What kind of clothes now in May?

Nice May 13, 2015 at 4:27 AM

We are coming from Finland to Nice (and Monaco) 17.5. (to 28.5).
      How is the weatger and temperature?
      What kind of clothes should I and my darling take with us?
      Jeans? Shorts? ...

more

Best perched villages

Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Apr 29, 2015 at 11:36 PM

Bonjour! Any suggestions on the "best" villages-perchés within convenient driving distance of Nice / Cannes?

By "best" I mean: very scenic, scenically located (panoramic views), good lunch options (perhaps restaurant with view; or good charcuterie / boulangerie), historically or culturally interesting.

Ones that appear to fit the bill are: (roughly east of Nice) Eze, La Turbie, Peillon and Luceram, (roughly west of Nice) Le Broc, Biot, St Paul de Vence, Tourettes-sur-Loup and Gourdon. Any comments re these, or ones I've missed?

Time-wise, (and driving either up or down the coast) how many perched villages would it be sensible to visit in one day?

Any practical advice re visiting perched villages?

Merci!

more
    • Bus from airport to avenue galieni

Nice May 9, 2015 at 11:04 AM

Hi,
      I am looking for bus no. From terminal T2 to avenue galieni..
      I checked the site www.lignesdazur.com...but no success..
      We would be arriving at 9.30 in morning at nice airport terminal T2..
      Thanks

more

Traffic congestion

Nice May 7, 2015 at 6:57 PM

I got some very good suggestions on the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur forum for smaller towns to see within easy reach of Nice.

Based on that feedback, I am considering driving to Eze and La Turbie in one day, driving to Haut de Cagnes, St Paul de Vence and Tourettes-sur-Loup on another day, and Peillon and Luceram on a third day.
      Will be based in Nice near Mont Boron from about 18-22 September.

I am only concerned about traffic, and seek advice on how congested it would be at this time and how best to avoid the worst of it?

Thank you!

more
    • bus from St Raphael to St Tropez or boat from Nice to St Tropez

Saint-Tropez Apr 27, 2015 at 5:47 PM

Hi planning trip Sunday 5/7/15 from Nice to St Tropez. i thought i could get:
      - train to St Raphael and then connect bus to St Tropez and then thought i could return
      -bus from St Tropez to St Raphael, then train stopping at Cannes and Antibes (dinner in Antibes) then back to Nice

Can someone can help me find English timetable for bus from St Raphael to St Tropez.
      Also can i get off and on the Train Express Regional #81219 heading back to Nice or is this express?
      Would also consider boat from Nice to St Tropez and train back stopping at Cannes and Antibes (dinner in Antibes) then back to Nice if this is available?

more
    • 4 day Provence Itinerary

Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur May 2, 2015 at 9:47 PM

Hello,

My husband and I (both early 30's) Have 4 full days (Tues-Sat) in Provence and will be staying in Maubec with a car. We have never been and I am feeling overwhelmed by all of the places to see. I think we want to go to: Marseille & Cassis, Arles, Avignon, Lourmarin, St Remy, Gordes, L'isle sur la Sorgue. We would love to visit markets and find beautiful places to picnic, and maybe do some light hiking. I read Pont du Gard is a nice place to go, and maybe Gorges du Verdon but it looks like It might be too far. Which of these places can we bundle together and see in one day and do any need a full day? Any specific activities worth booking? The only thing scheduled so far is a Truffle Hunting tour for a couple hours Wednesday evening. We don't want to fill our schedule up too much, and want to make sure there is plenty of time to just enjoy the beauty around us so if we need to remove any of these places which do we cut out?

Thanks so much for your help!

Nicole

more
    • Shops in winter

by ephraim08 Online Now Oct 19, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Are most shops in the winter months open or closed on town? I suppose what I am really asking is Saint-Remy-de-Provence very tourist-oriented?
      Merci,
      Ephraim

5 Answers Oct 22, 2014 at 10:28 AM
    • Accomodation in Saint Remy

by jocre Online Now Mar 12, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Did somebody stay at Mas les floralies? Is it nice ?

• Accommodations in surrounding villages

by ellebets Online Now Jul 2, 2007 at 3:37 AM

Hello,

We're contemplating the idea of staying in one place in Provence during our 9 day stay. Is this recommended or should we opt to stay in 2 different B&Bs?Any advise on this?
      One of the places is in Plan D'Orgon and the other place is in Saint Remy de Provence.

On the one hand, we would like to really connect with one of the places and on the other hand, it's not like we're going to just sit around all day as there are things to see so moving to another B&B should not be a problem.

Your advice is much appreciated!

Many thanks,
      Elle

2 Answers Jul 6, 2007 at 11:52 AM
    • transport.

by JohnDaly Online Now Oct 23, 2006 at 3:56 PM

Puis-je avoir des renseignments sur les autocars entre Aix et StRemy?
      Merci.
      John Daly.

1 Answer Oct 23, 2006 at 9:51 PM
    • Alimacg's Profile Photo

Maussanne - any advice welcomed!

by Alimacg Online Now Dec 7, 2004 at 6:30 AM

Hi everyone! Maussane is going to be the base to a holiday of "a month in Provence". Are the villages around Maussanne easily accessible? is the area pretty and is there alot to see and do? transport to Avignon? car or bus? Please help - this was not my destination of choice, so I have not really done much research. Thanks Ali

6 Answers Dec 8, 2004 at 10:35 PM
    • djramey's Profile Photo

Just an FYI

by djramey Online Now Jan 5, 2004 at 9:45 PM

This territory was founded and ruled by my 12 Great Grandfather Didier Ramey. I am the first in line living of this region. hooray for me