Travel Answers
Saint-Rémy-de-Provence

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Shore Exhursion at La Seyne Sur Mer on August 19?

Toulon Jul 4, 2014 at 11:22 AM

The cruise ship is going to port at La Seyne Sur Mer 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on August 19. We are not sure whether we should visit Toulon (e.g. cable car ride and swim at the beach) or visit Bandol and Sanary Sur Mer. My teenage child would certainly love to have a swim for a couple of hours at a lovely beach. Any suggestions? If it is the latter, please provide travel information from La Seyne Sur Mer to Bandol and Sanary Sur Mer. Is it easy to take a cab from ther back to the port and how much would that cost?

more
    • Fiching - aller à la pêche

Roquebrune-Cap-Martin Jun 30, 2014 at 3:32 AM

What are the fishing possibilities in the region?
      We are a family of four members from Finland and going to stay a week at the camping site Les pêcheurs 19th - 26th July.

Merci pour votre réponse en anglais ou fr

more
    • Name of the shop

Malaucène Yesterday

In Malaucene there is a lovelly home ware shop, selling curtains, quilted bed covers etc on the main street with an English speaking lady there - what is the name and telephone number of this shop?

more
    • Nice Airport to Biot

Biot Jul 2, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Which is the best public transport route ?

more
    • Booking the ferry

Île Sainte-Marguerite Jun 24, 2014 at 8:16 AM

How do I book this ferry?

more
    • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Baladines in Avignon

Avignon 23 hours ago

Aooarently there is a baladine ( mini-bus) service in Avignon that takes passengers along the Cours Jean Jaures to homes and other locations in the area. However i can find no references to such a mini bus service. Does anyone know Avignon well enough to advise me as to where I might information on the baladines (minibus) service in the City. I don't want to take a taxi. Thanks.

more
    • Raining Heavily

L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue Jul 19, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Does the Sunday antiques market still go on in heavy rain and thunder?

more
    • public transport options to nearby smaller towns around L'Isle

L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue Jul 1, 2014 at 10:18 AM

We are searching for what options might be available to visit the surrounding area and smaller villages near LÍsle sur la Sorgue. We will be there for two weeks, first part of Oct. I would appreciate any information or advice.( No, I do not want to rent a car.)

more
    • Gib to Antibes

Antibes Jun 24, 2014 at 1:18 PM

what is the best way to get from Gibraltar to Antibes

more
    • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Central Avignon Train Station Address

Avignon 22 hours ago

While on the subject of Avignon, does anyone have the physical address of Avignon Central Train Station, I am trying to use the Michelin Road and Walk Planner but no such luck yet. Thanks!

more
    • trains to london

Aix-en-Provence Jul 18, 2014 at 8:52 AM

how do I get to train staion in Marseille from
      Aix?Taking train to LllIlle and then to London.
      Thank You, EWS

more
    • elisabethsb's Profile Photo

Coming to La Ciotat via Navette 69

La Ciotat Jun 25, 2014 at 1:25 AM

Bonjour! I'm heading down to La Ciotat tomorrow for a very brief sejour with a friend. It will be my first time in the town and I'm very much looking forward to exploring the Vieux Port and beautiful calanques.

I have, however, run into a bit of a situation with transport. I will be arriving from Grenoble at the gare de Marseille Saint-Charles, where I plan to check my rather cumbersome suitcase for the weekend. I had planned to simply take a regional train from Marseille to La Ciotat, but have since realized that the train would drop me off at the Gare SNCF in La Ciotat, which is a bit of a hike from where I'd like to be.

I'm now planning to take the La Ciotat/Marseille navette (ligne 69) that runs in between the two cities. It seems to be the best option, as it is inexpensive and would drop me off at the Gare Routiere in La Ciotat, right in the center of town! However, the navette departs NOT from the Gare Saint-Charles, but from the Halte routiere sud in Marseille. Could anyone tell me about this bus stop? How to get to it from the train station? (It looks like there should be a M1 metro stop in the area.) How long it takes to get there? Where you can buy tickets?

Je vous remercie par avance! Thank you in advance.

Elisabeth

more
    • rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Visiting the lavender fields

Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Jul 9, 2014 at 6:15 PM

My wife and I are considering a trip to Provence next summer with one of the main considerations being seeing the blooming lavender fields. I have some input from a friend who has been there and suggests St. Remy de Provence as our base. I understand that the peak of the season is from mid-June to mid-July. I just wanted to see what ideas others of you may have about it.

more
    • mrmlsmgmt's Profile Photo

Nice-Monaco day trip

Villefranche-sur-Mer Jun 27, 2014 at 10:30 AM

We are arriving in Villefranche-sur-mer aboard Liberty of the Seas and are searching for a nice day trip for 6 people on a limited budget. We would like to see a little Nice and Monaco. Suggestions?

more
    • Acoustic Guitars

Nice Jul 16, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Where can I buy an acoustic guitar in Nice?

more
    • live music tonight

Nice Jul 16, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Hi I am in nice tonight and would like to see some live music with my friends anyone know of the place to be?

more
    • How to get from Cannes to MSM

Moustiers-Sainte-Marie Jul 16, 2014 at 6:23 AM

Dear Sir/Madam,
      please advise how it's possible to get from Cannes to MSM, I mean by taxi or private transfer. is it possible to order this kind of service?
      Merci!

more
    • L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue

L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue Jul 11, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Is there public parking in the village?

more
    • What to do with 5 days

Nice Jul 11, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Hi all
      We are in Paris right now and going to nice for 5 days on Sunday. We are a 26 yr old couple. I have heard hikes are great there. We are also going for a day trip to Monaco. Any thoughts on a day trip???? Any boat trips??? Any trains to anywhere close by??

Thanks so much

more
    • Can someone please help me - are there toilets on castle hill?

Nice Jul 6, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Hello everyone,

I am going to nice soon with my family and would like to visit castle hill.

Can anyone confirm/ deny if there are toilets at the hill, if so where? I am finding the info online conflicting and would appreciate some first hand experience. Is there anywhere to get refreshments?

Thanks very much.

more
    • lipa24's Profile Photo

HOW TO GET TO........

Menton Jun 26, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Hello! I would like to know how can we get from Menton to Triora (Italy) by train or bus, we r trevelling without car. Thanks)))

more
    • Nice overnight

Nice Jul 8, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Hi, me and my friend going to Nice but we have not booked a hotel because we have an early train in the morning. Is there anywhere that is safe where we can just sit and wait until the station opens? Or it it 100% vital we book a hotel?

more
    • Provence - Avignon - St Remi - Cassis

Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Jul 14, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Hello, we are a couple mid 30's traveling to Provence middle of August. We have full three days three nights and will have a car. We are planning to arrive to Avignon, and would like to see as much of the surrounding areas as possible. I understand that Provence area is large and three days doesn't cut it. The points of interest for us would be St Remi, Nimes, Arlington, Cassis. I believe all of these are fairly close, however for three day travel still far. What would you recommend as the top experiences i.e. are lavender fields a must see (given the timing in mid August, i believe their season is in July). Is there anything in these towns that stands out different from other places. (like for example in Albi/Carcassone those magnificent churches are very memorable and impressive). Is there a consortium on few places/things that are a must in the area? We are flexible in stopping by in different hotels while driving among these places. We love beautiful architecture, however, if we get a chance to see beautiful nature we are interested as well. Thank you in advance.

more
    • Dogs at the beaches

Cavalaire-sur-Mer Jul 3, 2014 at 12:37 AM

How is it in this area, are dogs welcome?

more
    • Aix En Provence to Valensole Lavender Field

Aix-en-Provence Jul 12, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Hello, we are two ladies from Hong Kong and will be arriving Aix En Provence on 13th July, 2014 around 3-4pm. We would like to visit lavender field by then and see if anybody want to share the car rental fee and go together on 13th or 14th July, 2014.

more
    • Accomodation in Saint Remy

by jocre Online Now Mar 12, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Did somebody stay at Mas les floralies? Is it nice ?

• Accommodations in surrounding villages

by ellebets Online Now Jul 2, 2007 at 3:37 AM

Hello,

We're contemplating the idea of staying in one place in Provence during our 9 day stay. Is this recommended or should we opt to stay in 2 different B&Bs?Any advise on this?
      One of the places is in Plan D'Orgon and the other place is in Saint Remy de Provence.

On the one hand, we would like to really connect with one of the places and on the other hand, it's not like we're going to just sit around all day as there are things to see so moving to another B&B should not be a problem.

Your advice is much appreciated!

Many thanks,
      Elle

2 Answers Jul 6, 2007 at 11:52 AM
    • transport.

by JohnDaly Online Now Oct 23, 2006 at 3:56 PM

Puis-je avoir des renseignments sur les autocars entre Aix et StRemy?
      Merci.
      John Daly.

1 Answer Oct 23, 2006 at 9:51 PM
    • Alimacg's Profile Photo

Maussanne - any advice welcomed!

by Alimacg Online Now Dec 7, 2004 at 6:30 AM

Hi everyone! Maussane is going to be the base to a holiday of "a month in Provence". Are the villages around Maussanne easily accessible? is the area pretty and is there alot to see and do? transport to Avignon? car or bus? Please help - this was not my destination of choice, so I have not really done much research. Thanks Ali

6 Answers Dec 8, 2004 at 10:35 PM
    • djramey's Profile Photo

Just an FYI

by djramey Online Now Jan 5, 2004 at 9:45 PM

This territory was founded and ruled by my 12 Great Grandfather Didier Ramey. I am the first in line living of this region. hooray for me