Saint Pierre and Miquelon Travel Answers

change location

I'm moving to St. Pierre to study...

by NicolasCroucher Online Now Nov 6, 2011 at 10:05 AM

I'm a student at Memorial University of Newfoundland and I recently have been accepted in the Frecker Program. I am incredibly excited about living in St. Pierre for 4 months, however my question is if it is possible to bring my car for that period of time. I know the community and island itself is pretty small but it would be nice to have a mode of transportation and the car is very easy on gas usage. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Flying.Scotsman's Profile Photo

Re: I'm moving to St. Pierre to study...

by Flying.Scotsman Online Now Nov 6, 2011 at 3:57 PM

My first reaction was how much driving can you do on St Pierre. After looking at Google maps, I would think, "not a lot". The town appears to be about 1 km across and the farthest distance you can drive on the island is about 6 to 7 km. The airport is only 2 km from the town. I would have thought there would be a better solution to transport and hopefully someone with recent knowledge of the island will be able to help you. Post some photos and comments on Virtual Tourist, as it's a place that has always fascinated me. Maybe some day I'll get a chance to see it. Enjoy your time there. Bruce

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: I'm moving to St. Pierre to study...

by NicolasCroucher Online Now Jan 19, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Well I am currently here and while everything is relatively close together, there are a lot of hills hah...I'll survive :P...It's really windy and cold here too but I'm used to that anyway being from the Southwest coast of Newfoundland.

• Re: I'm moving to St. Pierre to study...

by travelerwanderer Online Now Feb 7, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Hello,

I am a student who is interested in participating in the Frecker Program! Would you mind sharing your experience? Did you think your French improved dramatically? Were the courses rigorous and challenging? How was the homestay situation? What did people do in their free time? And would you recommend the program to others? Thank you!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Saint Pierre and Miquelon Travel Answer Locations