Saint Peter Port Travel Answers

change location

Accommodation

by Souk1964 Online Now Apr 1, 2007 at 3:23 PM

Hi,
I really need some help in choosing the right place to stay in St Peter Port. My husband and I do not want 5 star rating. We would ideally like a small cosy family run place, preferably by people who have lived on the island for a while, if not all their lives.
We would like to be in or very near to the centre as we will not have a car, but use public transport.
Any help or information appreciated.
Kind regards
Jackie

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • katafei's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation

by katafei Online Now Apr 8, 2007 at 4:42 AM

Hi Jackie,
    maybe the next site can help you choose:
    kanaaleilanden-accommodatie....
    It's a Dutch site, but you will find all links are English.
    Look for 'stad' extension in Guernsey hotels, as 'stad' is Dutch for Town.
    Hope you like your stay in Guernsey, it's a lovely place!!

regards, Marian

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Accommodation

by scottii Online Now May 5, 2007 at 12:41 PM

If you haven't been to Guernsey before I would honestly avoid it Jackie. Go up to La Villette Hotel; ten minutes by bus from ST. P P There's a regular bus service that leaves from outside the hotel. Hotel itself is run by a wonderful couple with wonderful staff who really put themselves out for their customers. We stumbled across it by accident 5 years ago and have returned twice yearly (summer and winter) ever since. St PP is very busy and noisy; get out of there and enjoy some of the quieter spots. It's so very easy to get anywhere on the island by public transport. By the way, don't even know what star rating La Villete has but it is far from stuck up or pretentious. Anyway hope you enjoy your trip wherever you end up staying; it's a great island to visit.

• katafei's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation

by katafei Online Now May 18, 2007 at 3:21 AM

Hmm, if you get away from the centre and the 'high' street' along the water, you'll find it's probably not so bad.
    The Marton Hotel
    Grange Lodge
    are 2 hotels that I would recommend, based on experiences from other people.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Saint Peter Port