Saint Moritz

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• transport from st. moritz

by rebeccalacey Online Now Jul 17, 2014 at 3:01 AM

Hi there, how do i get from St.Moritz train station to Sils-Maria? I will be there 19th - 22nd August.

3 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 5:51 AM
    • Hiking in October?

by pmmstanca Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Hi, I'm traveling to St moritz in October, will be there on 13~15Oct. Is it still a good time to do some hiking?

4 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 3:32 AM
    • Mikebb's Profile Photo

One Night or 2 in St Moritz pre Glacier Express Train

by Mikebb Online Now May 9, 2014 at 8:25 PM

We are travelling from Rome to St Moritz on 24th June and intend travelling on the Glacier Express to Zermatt.

Would like to know the "must see" attractions in St Moritz and if they are within walking distance or public transport.

Is St Moritz a compact town? Would an overnight stay be sufficient?

Any recommendation for good 3 star accommodation, reasonable price, walking distance from rail station. Is the rail station near town centre.

Can we purchase Glacier Express rail ticket on day of travel or afternoon before? What is cheapest 2 or 3 day Swiss pass and will it be accepted for use on the Glacier Express?

We most likely will have 2 night stay in Zermatt , any hotel recommendations and then travel to Montreux or Geneva for 1 night as we need a train connection to Paris

I believe there is a French Rail Pass which is accepted on Swiss Rail, minimum 4 day pass. As we are travelling onto Paris this may be a better option if it is accepted on the Glacier Express without an excessive gap charge.

Appreciate all replies.

6 Answers May 10, 2014 at 7:21 AM
    • transportation

by hhhhhgg Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 2:12 PM

how close is muottas muragl from st moritz

1 Answer Mar 23, 2014 at 2:29 PM
    • Church in St. Moritz

by elizdyer Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 8:36 AM

I will be visiting St. Moritz this summer and I'm hoping to visit a historic church that still holds services. So far I haven't found anything. Suggestions?

3 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 12:44 PM
    • St. Moritz to Lugano in May

by Travelinnow Online Now Feb 27, 2014 at 6:02 PM

What is a good way to get from St. Moritz to Lugano in May. The Palm Express bus starts in June and we didn't want to take the Bernina express?

4 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 4:01 AM
    • kapaci's Profile Photo

Just 2 1/2 hours in St.Moritz

by kapaci Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 7:44 AM

I am planning to take a trip at the of April on the Bernina Express to St.Moritz but I have to go back to Tirano Italy after just 21/2 hr
      So in that time I have to have lunch.Can anyone tell me if its possible to take a short cable car to a nice place where I can enjoy the view and have lunch and back to the train station in 2 hrs?
      thanks

4 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 11:12 AM
    • What to Wear in May

by kookaii Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM

My husband, toddler and I are planning a trip to St. Moritz, Switzerland in middle of May this year. What do you recommend in clothing? What are the temperatures like in May? How is the wind chills? Should we dress warmly?

2 Answers Mar 20, 2013 at 3:39 AM
    • Working in St Moritz

by sandroasantos Online Now Jun 1, 2011 at 6:33 AM

Greetings,
      Starting next week, I will start working in St. Moritz.
      The closest airport in wich Ryanair operates is Bergamo - (Orio al Serio).
      My question is, is there any easy / direct way to travel from Bergamo to St. Moritz by train?
      Thank you very in advance for any help
      Regards

4 Answers Jun 1, 2011 at 12:17 PM
    • Drive from Fussen to Como

by Kg1220 Online Now May 26, 2011 at 11:57 AM

we are driving from Fussen to Lake Como, planning to stop in the St Mortiz area overnight to get a break from the drive and tour the are briefly the next morning. Can you recommend the more scenc drive? Is it along 27 or is it better to go down A13 and cut across from Thusis to St Moritz? Which is the easier drive?

3 Answers May 28, 2011 at 2:20 AM
    • Travel from Milan to St Moritz

by saviaje Online Now Jan 31, 2011 at 8:32 AM

I am arriving in Milan on a flight from the US; arrival is 8AM on 27 Feb (that's a Sunday). I need to be in Sils Maria (outside St Moritz) for a meeting the next morning at 8:30AM; so, I need to arrive in St Moritz the evening of 26 Feb, but want to spend as much time as possible in Milan on 27 Feb (sigthseeing!).

I think I can rent a taxi / car service for approximately350 Euros for a one way trip from Milan to Sils Maria; but, I would rather take a train if it's reliable. There are trains leaving Milan at 4 and 5PM on 27 Feb, and arriving in St Moritz later that evening. These trains look like a good option - but they have a few transfers without much time in between trains. Also, there may be a bus journey included as well. I'm concerned that if I miss a transfer then I won't be able to arrive in St Moritz that evening (which is essential - since I need to be at a meeting in Sils Maria on 28 Feb early in the morning). I would appreciate any insights about the train trip, the reliability, and risk of missing a transfer (for example, because the 1st train on the journey is late). Thank you.

8 Answers Jan 31, 2011 at 5:15 PM
    • 20th/21st June in St Moritz

by jdalvi Online Now Jun 18, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Hi, I arrive at St Moritz on the Glacier express and leave on 22nd for Interlaken. Appreciate some tips on what to do. Generally like landscapes and natural beauty rather than museums etc. Thanks in advace.

1 Answer Jun 18, 2010 at 1:53 PM
    • loislois's Profile Photo

PIZ CORVATSCH BY CABLE CAR

by loislois Online Now Jun 4, 2009 at 11:19 PM

We plan to go up to the top of Corvatsch by the cable car , if the weather is OK.

Tickets prices are not cheap so that we wonder if it's worth a visit?

Is the climbing up by the car a good experience?

What about view from the top of it ?

Drop us a line please.

• loislois's Profile Photo

SAINT MORITZ - Place serving good local food (specialities) ???

by loislois Online Now Jun 4, 2009 at 11:13 PM

We will be there at the end of July and we wonder if we can find a restaurant or tavern serving traditional Swiss foods p.e. locat dried meats, cheese, fondie, roestie, etc

We love Swiss specialities and want to enjoy it at their original place.

Will be happy to have an answer :)

4 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 9:08 AM
    • White Turf

by traveler326157 Online Now Feb 12, 2009 at 7:11 AM

Hello!

I am going this year to White Turf, is anyone else going?

Any advices for the best viewing spots? Or parking?

I have nevr been before to St.Moritz, is it large, can we walk from the centre down to the lake for the races?

Thanks so much!

Lisa

1 Answer Feb 16, 2009 at 12:44 PM
    • Bernina Express

by katie9922 Online Now Jun 11, 2008 at 8:12 PM

I have checked the dates for the Bernina Express - it appears it runs on a winter timetable from 20 Oct to 13 Dec and the summer timetable from 10 May to 20 Oct. Does this mean it doesn't run from 13 Dec to 10 May? We are looking to visit next year either March, April, May or June. Is any particular one of these months better than another for sightseeing? Also is one section of the Bernina Express line more scenic than another - could we just do the section from St Moritz to Lugano or is the more scenic section from Chur to St Moritz. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Answer Jun 12, 2008 at 1:15 AM
    • Travel plan for St Moritz

by umpa Online Now Oct 22, 2007 at 2:57 PM

hi,

I'm living in London UK and attempting to plan a trip as follows:

(a) Go to St Moritz
      (b) Take the Glacier express to Zermatt
      (c) Come back to UK

Based on this travel plan, any information on the following would be most helpful.

(a) What is the best way to get to St Moritz from London UK?
      (i) Fly to Zurich?
      (ii) Fly to Geneva?
      (iii) Other?
      (b) Having flown to the destination of (a) what is the best mode of travel to get to St Moritz?

(c) Has anyone been on the Glacier express?
      (i) Does it need to be booked in advance?
      (ii) What form of ticket is needed to travel on it?
      (iii) Does it run everyday in October and November 2007?
      (iv) Where can I find the times that it runs?

(d) Does anyone have any advice on the airlines or airports that are best from London UK to Switzerland and what is the duration of flights?

(e) Does anyone have any advice on the hotels in St Moritz and Zermatt?

(f) Does anyone have any information on the best activities and entertainment in St Moritz and Zermatt.

thanks for your help in advance.

U&P

2 Answers Apr 23, 2008 at 3:20 AM
    • PFrankH's Profile Photo

St Moritz to Bolzano

by PFrankH Online Now Aug 12, 2007 at 1:35 AM

I need to get to Bolzano from St Moritz in Early Oct 2007.
      Public/commercial transport.
      Anyone any ideas?

2 Answers Aug 27, 2007 at 4:02 PM
    • Accomodation in St Moritz

by vidyatrips Online Now Jun 16, 2007 at 11:59 AM

Hi all,

Me and my husband are going for our "babymooning" trip to Swiss and Austria. We have planned for 3 nights in St Moritz. We will be getting there from Zermatt on the Glacier Express. And plan to fit in Bernina Exp in one of the 3 days we will be there. Want to spend the other two days exploring the region and small villages near-by. That is the broad plan we have for the region.

Now for the issue - we are not able to find any b&b or affordable hotel in this area. The ones we checked out are either booked out or are too expensive. Any pointers to smaller, affordable and clean hotels? Our budget is in the range of E90-130 per night.

Thanks & Rgds,
      Vidya

2 Answers Jun 20, 2007 at 9:14 AM
    • Transfer from Zurich

by tealbyblue Online Now Mar 21, 2007 at 11:42 AM

Am arriving on the last Swiss Air flight from London City on friday evening ( around 22.00). What is the best/ fastest way to get to Saint Moritz to maximise my weekend!!!

1 Answer Mar 21, 2007 at 2:30 PM
    • rukja's Profile Photo

Sandwich place of stay between 2 scenic train rides.

by rukja Online Now Feb 1, 2007 at 7:57 PM

Hello all.
      I would like to have your opinion, where [Which town and ?Hostel] to stay for a night / day, when we visit The Engandine V. in May? We would be catching Bernina Exp coming from Lugano.We would be catching Glacier Exp after a days halt in Engandine Valley.
      Whether it should be Pontresina or St. Moritz? [or Chur?]

We will be on low budget.

Thanks in advance.

5 Answers Jul 22, 2007 at 3:27 AM
    • rukja's Profile Photo

Bernina Express

by rukja Online Now Jul 24, 2006 at 10:24 AM

Hello all.
      I would like to know, where [Which town] to stay for a night / day, when we visit The engadine for 1-2 days in May? We would be catching Bernina Exp after a days' halt at Lugano. Whether it should be Pontresina or St. Moritz? We will be on low budget. or Chur? We would be catching Glacier Exp after a days halt in Engandine V.
      Thanks in advance.

• jet-set's Profile Photo

Nightlife Attire In St. Moritz

by jet-set Online Now Jan 24, 2005 at 12:07 PM

Hello, I am going to be skiing in St. Moritz the first week of March and am wondering what is acceptable for men & women to wear to the pubs and/or dance clubs at night? Are jeans okay? My sister wants to know how dressed up do the women get? Thank you in advance. James

2 Answers Mar 3, 2005 at 8:09 AM