Saint Moritz Travel Answers

change location

Accomodation in St Moritz

by vidyatrips Online Now Jun 16, 2007 at 11:59 AM

Hi all,

Me and my husband are going for our "babymooning" trip to Swiss and Austria. We have planned for 3 nights in St Moritz. We will be getting there from Zermatt on the Glacier Express. And plan to fit in Bernina Exp in one of the 3 days we will be there. Want to spend the other two days exploring the region and small villages near-by. That is the broad plan we have for the region.

Now for the issue - we are not able to find any b&b or affordable hotel in this area. The ones we checked out are either booked out or are too expensive. Any pointers to smaller, affordable and clean hotels? Our budget is in the range of E90-130 per night.

Thanks & Rgds,
Vidya

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • altamiro's Profile Photo

Re: Accomodation in St Moritz

by altamiro Online Now Jun 18, 2007 at 1:13 PM

>we are not able to find any b&b or affordable hotel in this area. The ones we checked out are either booked out or are too expensive. Any pointers to smaller, affordable and clean hotels? Our budget is in the range of E90-130 per night.

www.bnb.ch or www.rooms.ch migh help in his regard. There is a nice hotel in Celerina - Hotel zur Post - they brew their own beer and are in the center of a pretty village.
    You won't find a hotel or B&B for the equivalent of 90-130 E (which would be 140-200 SFr) for two in St. Moritz or Zermatt proper... This is IMO a small loss because St. Moritz is grotesquely ugly - even more so for the extremely beautiful countryside it is set into. Zermatt is overbuilt and overcrowded too.
    Look into the villages along the Upper Engadine above and below St. Moritz - especially Silvaplana, Sils Maria, Celerina, Pontresina, Samedan...

Be aware that most hotels in Switzerland charge per person, not per room, so read small print.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Accomodation in St Moritz

by vidyatrips Online Now Jun 20, 2007 at 9:14 AM

thanks for the reply... i got an offer from a hotel in celerina (chesa nick)... so allz well...!!!

- Vidya

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Saint Moritz