Travel Answers
Saint Marylebone

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• A trip in early may to London, looking for advise.

London 28 minutes ago

Hi,

Me and my wife are looking for our first vacation in London at the start of may.

We are currently debating on how long should the trip be, and what should we expect the daily expenses to be about (so we can see how much the trip will approximately cost us).

Currently, the flight will cost about 1500$ - 1700$ (i need extra room for my legs).

The hotel is about 255$ per night (it's near the London bridge area and has an 8.8 booking rating), and that was the cheapest i found for may that is in the city and has good reviews.

The trip is somewhere between 3.5 to 7 full days (excluding flights).

Our main concern is the price and length of the trip. We would like the trip to be:
      a. not running around all day long.
      b. to get a good feel of London. (i.e. we would like to walk in the parks, weather permitting, go to 1 or 2 theater plays and we like some culture and museums but not artsy fartsy ones)
      c. not go overboard spending-wise. (yet not skimp on essential parts of the experience).
      d. hopefully enjoy just the right amount of time :)

Would love to hear your input.

Thanks.

more
    • HEATHROW T3

Heathrow 14 hours ago

I m holding an Indian passport and a valid US M1 Visa .. i am having a 18hrs long layover at London .. DO I need a transit visa to stay inside the airport as well ???? Thanks in advance !!

more
    • jbinllb's Profile Photo

Accommodations

London Apr 7, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Tossing around the idea of picking up a pair of tickets to the Monty Python show at the O2 in July, most probably on the 20th. My son (27) and I (57) would be attending together, and spending 4 or 5 days in London, arriving by air to either Heathrow or Gatwick. Looking for suggestions for accommodations - easy access from/to the airport would be nice, easy access to the O2 (tube okay) even better; room doesn't need to be 5 star, just clean and safe - hotel, hostel, b&b all okay. Thanks!

more
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

Excell expedition centre

London Apr 4, 2014 at 8:15 AM

How do i get to the excell expedition centre in London,from victoria coach station,and how long roughly will it take me to get there

more
    • Good (!) Indian restaurant

London Apr 13, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I was wondering where are the best spots to eat Indian food in London. I know about Brick Lane but is it really

more
    • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Harwich cruise logistics

London Apr 7, 2014 at 10:13 AM

I'm looking at the logistics for a Harwich - Copenhagen cruise. It's been some time since I've been in London, but never found the trains too difficult. Any suggestions my thoughts of staying a few days in London, then taking the train to Harwich in the AM to board the ship? Or would it be better to travel the day before and overnight in Harwich just to be on the safe side of the trip?

At the end I'm debating on taking Easyjet (or other) from Copenhagen back to London to attempt at some round trip savings on air fare from SAN in the US as opposed to two one-way trips. Thoughts from those that travel Europe frequently?

more
    • 10 am Flight Arrival May 2014 from US, Terminal 4

Heathrow Apr 1, 2014 at 3:13 AM

How long should be allowed for Immigration and Customs? What is the best transportation alternative from airport to SE1 with several pieces of luggage?

more
    • London to Amsterdam

London Mar 31, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Hi All,

We are leaving London on the 2nd of July to Amsterdam, we are staying at the Amsterdam Canal Hotel - Weteringschans 253, 1017 XJ Amsterdam, Netherlands

Is Eurostar the best way to book this ?
      Also anyone know how far we will end up when we arrive in Amsterdam from the hotel?

Thanks

more
    • What to do

Twickenham Mar 30, 2014 at 5:56 AM

what to do with 3 children ( 9-15 ) and a dog in Twickenham on April 10th

more
    • getting out of airport

Heathrow Mar 20, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Hi I am Canadian passport holder. i am having my flight through heathrow airport. i am having 8 hrs of wait time between my connecting flight. so can i go out of airport to see my family in between??? and is there any fees i have to pay????

more
    • Easter Sunday Travel

Heathrow Apr 10, 2014 at 6:00 AM

I have a 7:30 a.m. flight out of Heathrow back to the U.S. on Easter Sunday, April 20. Will I have enough time to process if I arrive at the airport by 5:40 a.m.?

more
    • lcat61's Profile Photo

London Heathrow To London City Airport

London Apr 3, 2014 at 9:51 AM

My flight is arriving at London Heathrow. I need to get to London City airport to meet my connecting flight.
      What is the easiest and fastest way to do this? Thx

more
    • Durfun's Profile Photo

Best nightclub/lounge in Canary Wharf please?

London Apr 2, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Hi, Was wondering if any kind soul has any suggestions please?
      Many thanks

more
    • Kent Station to London Station

London Mar 31, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Hi Guys,
      we are staying at a friends in Kent and need to get the train to London. We will then be going to Amsterdam from London, could someone advise the best train system to use?

Thanks

more
    • train/ferry to dublin

London Mar 27, 2014 at 11:17 AM

what is the best way to get to Dublin by train/ferry from the airport. will be arriving around 9am but it looks like there is only one train/ferry leaving at 915. Does that mean an overnight in London? If so. where to catch the train the next day in London???

more
    • Accessing Airport Lounge in Terminal 4 after security clearance in Terminal 4

Heathrow Mar 19, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Perhaps it sound silly but I hope someone can help me here. I was told that I can access other Terminal Airport Lounge from Terminal 4 AFTER clearing security. For instance, when I'm already through security, can I still leave terminal 4 for terminal 3 lounge? I usually use the MAS Golden Lounge but when I travel with KLM etc, my Priority Pass isn't accepted in Terminal 4, only Terminal 1 & 3, I think. Would greatly appreciate it if someone could clear this confusion for me as it does not really make sense. Thank you!

more
    • How much money

London 16 hours ago

I am going to london for 5 days and Scotland for 5 days. My hotels and flights are already paid for with breakfast included. I was wondering how much spending money I will need for me and my girlfriend. I am staying about a mile away from Big Ben if that information is helpful.

Thank you

more
    • from marble arch to paddington

London Mar 21, 2014 at 1:50 AM

I am going from marble arch to paddington railway station on foot between 5 and 6 in the morning.Is there a good reason I should avoid going on foot? I mean is it safe enough?
      Thanks

more
    • what to bring

London Yesterday

what can I pack in my luggage for small snacks?

more
    • Good (!) Indian restaurant

London Apr 13, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I was wondering where are the best spots to eat Indian food in London. I know about Brick Lane but are the restaurans there really as good as some say ( not tourist traps)? Thanks a lot!

more
    • Lurchizo's Profile Photo

Travel from Hyde Park to West Ham Stadium

London Mar 26, 2014 at 12:56 PM

I scored tickets to the Liverpool v. West Ham game on April 6th. I'm staying at Thistle Hyde Park, 90-92 Lancaster Gate. What trains should I use to get there and back? How much time should I give myself to get out there? Thanks

more
    • Transport around Greenwich

Greenwich Mar 17, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Is there public transport available from the Greenwich Pier up the hill to the Observatory ?

more
    • Can I Return to London

London Yesterday

I flew to London About a year ago for my wedding (keep in mind I'am Canadian), and i was denied entry, because i didn't have a marriage visa. Canadians don't need a visa to enter the UK for less then three months. So at the London airport, they held me for 18 hours and sent my right back to Canada, after taking my fingerprints, and questioning me. so now a year has passed and i have gotten married. and want to visit my spouses family. I fear a repeat of those excruciating 18 hours, will occur.
      Is it possible to enter London after a year from being denied, with out being hassled?

more
    • simiritch's Profile Photo

Any advice on an area to stay in London?

London Apr 9, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Hi.
      We will stay in London for 6 days. Would like an area adjacent to a Piccadilly tube station so we can get to and from Heathrow with our bags.
      We will be taking several day trips out of London, so reasonable access to a rail station would be helpful.

Dont know much about London other than the normal attractions, but a hotel in a nice walking area with restaurants, bars, shops, etc... would be good.

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Cheers,
      Richard.

more
    • Lurchizo's Profile Photo

How to get from airport to hotel

London Mar 26, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Flying into Heathrow via Air Canada and staying at Thistle Hyde Park, 90-92 Lancaster Gate. What is my best option for getting from the airport to the hotel? Thanks.

more