change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• alexloves2travel's Profile Photo

Places to stop in Districts

Toronto Apr 1, 2015 at 7:04 AM

We will be traveling to Toroanto for for a short trip Thurs (4/2)- Sunday (4/5). We are staying right outside of China Town and are looking to explore some of the different districts (little Italy, China town, garden district, etc). Along with visiting the Toroanto islands and CN Tower.

Are there any recommendations on an specific places to stop in little Italy, China town ect.? Along with any other "hidden gems" in the area worth visiting.

Thank you!!

more
    • Home stay or corporate Housing ?

Toronto Mar 31, 2015 at 4:27 AM

We're visiting Ontario next month and are planning a stay of one week. Any recommended home-stay or motels ? I have heard that corporate housing is a growing trend in Toronto. I even heard about one particular establishment called Mac suites ( http://www.macsuites.ca/real-estate/ ) proving a reliable service. How effective is this ? Valuable suggestions are appreciated.

more
    • TDav's Profile Photo

Driving around British Columbia

Canada Apr 12, 2015 at 7:42 PM

Hi everyone

My wife and I are holidaying in Canada, mostly in British Columbia in October this year. We're flying into Vancouver and staying at the Fairmont Waterfront for 2 nights. Then we are travelling on the Rocky Mountaineer to Banff via Kamloops.

We have a van booked for a driving holiday with our daughter, son in law and granddaughter for a couple of weeks. The itinerary for the driving holiday is

Banff - Fairmont Springs
      Lake Louise - Fairmont Chateau
      Jasper - Patricia Lake Bungalows
      Sun Peaks - Bear Country Trails Edge
      Whistler - Whistler Platinum First Tracks Lodge
      Victoria - Fairmont Empress
      Vancouver - Fairmont Waterfront

We are staying at all of these places for 2 nights each. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on things to do in and around the towns above. Things that interest us include visiting wineries, sightseeing, photography, chairlift rides, snow mobile tours.

Thank you for any feedback.

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Going to Montreal

Montréal-Ouest Apr 6, 2015 at 3:22 PM

We're staying 7 days in Quebec. And then going to Montreal for 5 days.. Never been to Canada ..so my question. Is stay in OLD TOWN OR DOWNTOWN.... tips or what to do and see.....we,lol be staying with VRBO just not sure which area. HELP OUT...

more
    • Sandypaws3's Profile Photo

best taxi company?

Victoria Apr 13, 2015 at 11:22 AM

I have been researching means of getting to the airport from Victoria BC. I have looked at the reviews of 3 taxi companies, and the reviews aren't very helpful because one will rate a *****, and the other will only a *. I usually throw out the highest and lowest, but in this case, they are all either extreme. I usually like the Yellow Cab, but reviews have not been good. Neither have the ones for Blue Bird Taxi or Victoria Taxi. Which one would you use?? Thanks!

Sandy

more
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Road trips out of Toronto?/Shuttle bus from Toronto airports to Downtown?

Canada Apr 12, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Hello all
      Can anyone recommend towns worth seeing, say within a 250km radius of Toronto city? A couple of relatives are hiring a car in Toronto to spend 3-4 days elsewhere and they don't want to drive blindly...if they know the happening places before they go, that would be great!
      Also, are there shuttle buses from the 2 Toronto airports to the Downtown area of Toronto?
      Lastly, as Irish citizens traveling from Dublin, what documentation are they expected to fill out and will they do this in Dublin airport, Toronto airport or must they pre-apply for visa's to visit?
      Thank you all again!!!

more
    • Catholic church

Tadoussac Apr 7, 2015 at 10:10 AM

Is there a Catholic church in Tadoussac? I can't seem to find any information on churches except for the chapel. Please let me know as I'd like to get married there. Thank you!

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Montreal,Quebec

Montreal Apr 6, 2015 at 5:37 PM

ALSO ANY COOL DAY TRIPS FROM MONTREAL......

more
    • Sky train fines

Vancouver Apr 19, 2015 at 3:40 AM

Do sky train fines get erased after a certain time,statute of limitations? Thanks

more
    • Summer Road Trip on Canadian West Coast

Canada Apr 7, 2015 at 2:02 PM

We're planning on visiting Canada's West Coast on our honeymoon from 14th of July to 11th of August and travelling around Vancouver, Whistler, Banff, Victoria and Edmonton.

The big question: Is it possible to drive around Canada at this time and not have accommodation booked months in advance? We are hoping to book days in advance instead and are willing to camp if necessary

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Quebec day trips

Quebec Apr 2, 2015 at 2:40 PM

Coming to Quebec 7 days ...mid May. ..will have car ...need. Some good places to visit...we loved europe, and I think this area is somewhat like it....wife loves those small towns to browse around....

more
    • silab's Profile Photo

easter in quebec

Quebec Apr 1, 2015 at 5:53 PM

Hello
      in easter sunday and monday will everything be closed or is it nice for a couple of days visit?

more
    • Summer visit

Canada Apr 9, 2015 at 2:29 AM

I will be going to visit my uncle in Toronto and it will be my first time. My uncle is old and lives just with his wife and both can't really take me around. So i was thinking i can get few tips on where to visit and things to do to make my visit fun.

more
    • Photographer at Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls Mar 27, 2015 at 2:57 PM

Hi,

My husband and I are visiting Ontario for 3 weeks in October 2015. Our first place to visit is Niagara Falls to renew our wedding vows, I know rather silly but just something we want to do....hahahaha. It will only be us two and was looking for someone to take a few pictures of the occasion. Been looking at websites and we don't wish to pay the silly $1000+ prices.
      Does anyone know anyone who can help?

We are also going to Coe Hill, Ottawa and Mississauga areas and looking for any suggestions for good flea markets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Debbie

more
    • aussirose's Profile Photo

VT Mini Meet October 2015

Vancouver Apr 3, 2015 at 10:01 PM

Expressions of Interest wanted :o) We will be in Vancouver early October and would love to meet up with some locals.
      So far we have Ann75, the_dutchman, YVRDave and Darby 2 interested in saying hello.
      We are staying at the Granville Island Hotel and I guess the best place on Granville Island would be the Dockside Seafood Restaurant.
      So my question is, which date is more suitable, dinner on Friday 9th October?..... lunch/dinner on Saturday 10th October?
      We would love to include a bit of a photo shoot on the river. Maybe some boat light trails or time-lapse photography, or nice night light photos :o)
      So, who's interested?... and which day suits you the best?
      Hope to see you all there!
      Hugs, Ann and Howie xx

more
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

A few basic questions for a future first time visitor to Toronto!

Toronto Apr 4, 2015 at 3:09 PM

Hello everyone!
      I'm doing a little pre-trip research on Toronto and had a few questions which I hope ye can help me with!

Is there only 1 airport near the city? And I presume that has several terminals?
      What is the area of Corktown like? I presume that is well outside the touristy area/most popular districts?
      Is it fair to say that the Downtown area is where it's all happening?
      Should we base ourselves there to be close to all the main attractions?
      Are there any areas of Toronto which should be avoided? (Sorry if this is a silly question!)
      Are there regular daily organised visits to Niagara Falls from Toronto?
      Can you tell me the best (and the biggest) shopping malls in Toronto? Starting with the most central :)
      Hotels are looking very very pricey in the Downtown area. Is this the norm? Are there more reasonable mid-range options also located centrally?

As you can see from these questions, I am struggling in these early stages of my research :)

DG

more