Saint Martin Travel Answers

change location

How to go from Philipsburg (Sint Maarten) to Maho beach to see jumpo 747 land Indstillinger

by tng88 Online Now Jul 15, 2011 at 2:35 PM

hi,

is there a bus from Philipsburg (cruise terminal) to Maho beach? We want to spend 2h at the beach to see the big planes land near by the beach and then get back to the cruise terminal again.

Can you help with a bus schedule and some tips?

I read the taxi can be expensice (30$ for 7.5mil).

Thanks
David

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • angiebabe's Profile Photo

Re: How to go from Philipsburg (Sint Maarten) to Maho beach to see jumpo 747 land Indstillinger

by angiebabe Online Now Jul 15, 2011 at 3:36 PM

hi have a look at pages made by other VTers on this and other locations in the area as Im pretty sure Ive read tips about watching the planes land.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Re: How to go from Philipsburg (Sint Maarten) to Maho beach to see jumpo 747 land Indstillinger

by grandmaR Online Now Jul 15, 2011 at 6:21 PM

There are taxi drivers that hang out at the cruise ship dock, and if you get a group together it will be cheaper per person. They have cards with fixed prices for specific trips. Going all the way out to Marigot on the French side would be18 each if there were two people and quite a bit less if there were three or four

Car rental is more flexible but probably more expensive than a taxi. There are buses that go to the various beaches, but I'm not a beach person and have not used them. There is also a water taxi over to Philipsburg itself and you might also get a taxi there.

by grandmaR Online Now Jul 15, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Buses connect towns and are only1.50 to2.00, but don’t generally serve the island’s beaches.

by grandmaR Online Now Jul 15, 2011 at 6:31 PM

The taxis operate on the zone system, so you won't find a metered cab anywhere on the island and range anywhere from four to thirty US dollars.

• Re: How to go from Philipsburg (Sint Maarten) to Maho beach to see jumpo 747 land Indstillinger

by tng88 Online Now Jul 16, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Thanks GrandM, so the conclusion is: no bus to the beach, take the taxi and asking for the price first. Ok, I will pay 30$ for one trip (2 persons), otherwise I will consider.

The plan arrive is here:
    sxmarrivaltimes.com/arrivalt...

angiebabe, I did google , even on lonely plan, no such helpful infos with the transportaion from the cruise terminal (oasis of the sea) to Maho.

David

by grandmaR Online Now Jul 16, 2011 at 8:08 PM

When you get off the ship, go up to the visitor's center and ask about whether there are shuttle buses to that beach. There may be something like that. Also go to where the taxi dispatchers hang out and wait while the dispatchers try to get a group together. The cabs are usually mini-vans that take 10-12 people. They get a whole group together and each person only has to be3-$5 each. I'm sure there will be other people going to Maho beach - there will be more ships in port than just yours - usually 4 or 5 at once, and other people on the other ships will be going your way.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines