Saint Martin Travel Answers

change location

St. Martin and St. Barts

by trushatravel Online Now Apr 25, 2011 at 12:17 PM

visiting st. martin july 2011. is it possible to take a boat over to st. barts to spend the day at the beautiful beaches there? and if so please provide reliable source of where the boat can be booked!

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Suet's Profile Photo

Re: St. Martin and St. Barts

by Suet Online Now Apr 25, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Welcome to VT and thanks for asking a question. Personally, I can't answer your question but if you do a quick search of our lovely members, they may have the answer. I hope you have a brilliant holiday! Very best Suet.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

by Odinnthor Online Now Apr 26, 2011 at 11:28 PM

I should ask if you are arriving on a cruise, or if you actually have a full day to spend on St. Barts.

Here is the ferry schedule for a look, but the best way although not really cheap is to hire a speed charter boat, available on the spot, and it will get you there in 45 minutes.

wimco.com/travel-services/bo...

Here are the choiced for a quick speed boat transfer to St Barths.

sbhonline.com/MasterSki/List...

sbhonline.com/Yannis/Listing...

Those charters are really the way to go, if there is a time constraint, and the only way to guarantee a timely return to St. Marteen, and have a reasonable time to spend in St. Barths.

Of course if you have ample time, the problem should be solved with the information given.

Good luck. Hope this helps......d:o)

• Re: St. Martin and St. Barts

by trushatravel Online Now Apr 27, 2011 at 7:02 AM

we will not be traveling on a cruise. we are arriving in st. martin and staying a duration of 5 days and we thought one of the days can be spent on st. barts. is that possible? i was thinking we should be ok since we only want to sun bathe in st. barts!

• Odinnthor's Profile Photo

by Odinnthor Online Now Apr 27, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Yes you certainly can. It will be a choice however to either take the ferry which does take some time, or get the 45 minute speed boat. Have fun.

You can also fly, but the to/from flighjt and to/from airport is frankly not much better than taking the ferry.

by Daggi971 Online Now May 31, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Hi there,

I am living on St. Martin.

Yes, there are several ferry boat possibilities to go from St. Martin to St. Barth.
    You have marigot, oyster pond, Philipsburg, SImpson bay, depending on what day you wish to go.
    The roundtrip rate is 65 us Dollars per adult, you have to add 15 us dollars for the taxes - everybody who goes to st. bart or anguilla has to pay those taxes (us as well.... )
    You get off the ferry at Gustavia, which is the capital, but you should either consider to take a taxi, or to rent a car on St. Bart.

Let me know if you need further info

by Daggi971 Online Now May 31, 2011 at 1:57 PM

oops forgot something.... the transfer time each way: from marigot - 1h15 minutes, from oyster pond, philipsburg - 45 minutes, from simpson bay - 1 hour

by travellady99 Online Now Jul 7, 2011 at 9:00 PM

So funny, I will be in St.Martin in a couple of days. When you go to St.Barths, I suggest going to Grande Saline Beach. In my opinion, the most beautiful, pristine beach in the world. Worth the trip.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines