Saint Martin Travel Answers

change location

When is a good time to visit?

by Amyi94 Online Now May 18, 2006 at 1:01 PM

I am planning a tropical-style trip in the month of November for myself and my husband. I don't really care where we go, but St. Maarten caught my eye. We have never been anywhere in the Carribean before and I am nervous about the hurricane season and bad weather. Our budget is to keep the flight (from Indiana) and hotel under2500 total for 7 nights or so, which we have found is possible. Is November a safe month to travel to St. Maarten as far as weather is concerned?? If not, do you have any other suggestions for a destination? Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: When is a good time to visit?

by kaiwaipi Online Now May 20, 2006 at 3:28 PM

november is a good month to go there. hurricane season starts in july and ends in october. drink can be expensive there. just enjoy the sun and food. skip the drinks and you will be ok.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dbalexander's Profile Photo

Re: When is a good time to visit?

by dbalexander Online Now May 7, 2007 at 1:07 PM

My husband and I were scheduled to go to St. Martin on November 15 one year, thinking the hurricane season would be over. The day we left a hurricane was heading for St. Martin. The airlines said "Oh, hurricanes never go that way." So we went ahead and left Birmingham for Miami. When we got to Miami, we were routed through San Juan. When we got to San Juan there was a tropical storm, so we had to stay the night in the hotel, get up at 3:00 in the morning and wait for a flight to St. Martin, which never came because the hurricane hit. We flew back to Miami and then home, never making it to St. Martin. However, it is rare for a hurricane to hit after November 15th. And, we do love St. Martin. We try and go every year or two. We always go either in December, or in April before the rates change. There is a huge difference in price. We always stay at Hotel L'Atlantide in Grand Case. Grand Case is where all of the good restaurants are found. It is a small condo type hotel with balconies and a small kitchen. We make our reservations through the Villa Lady. She has an internet website. The beach is long and great for walking. I would also suggest staying in Orient Beach. There are bars on the beach and it is a lovely beach great for walking. The nude beach is right next door. Orient is topless or nude, although most just go topless if they take off anything. Definitely stay on the French side. The beaches are must prettier and the food is much better. Marigot also has some very nice restaurants. Rent a car and discover all of the beaches of St. Martin. There are many. Some are in residential neighborhoods, but all beaches are public there. The driving is very easy. There are not many ways to get lost. If I think of anything else, I will let you know. Have a great trip!
    Dianne

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines