Saint Martin Travel Answers

change location
enofile's Profile Photo

Marigot

by enofile Online Now May 1, 2005 at 1:53 PM

I am going to need a hotel in Marigot to stay at before I ferry over to Anguilla. I will also need to stay somewhere on this French/Dutch island one night on my return from Saba before I fly back to the States. has anyone heard of the Royale Louisiana Hotel? Thanks any help you can provide would be appreciated.
Enofile

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • NovelMan's Profile Photo

RE: Marigot

by NovelMan Online Now May 10, 2005 at 9:48 PM

It's been a couple years since my last visit to Marigot, but I always used the Hotel Beach Plaza. It's clean, bright, cheery and the service is fine.

Marigot is not a large place so, of course, eveything including the ferry is within easy walking distance. The ferry dock is about a 2 - 3 minute walk from this hotel as are a lot of fine cafes, shops and a marina. The hotel also has a beach and pool.

NovelMan

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • foreveangel's Profile Photo

RE: Marigot

by foreveangel Online Now Jun 6, 2005 at 2:35 PM

Yes, I know this hotel and if you're looking by price, it should be on the lower end of prices as it is located right in the middle of downtown Marigot. Convenient yes, clean yes, ambiance not really. Not usually a tourist choice because it is not near the water. It is a 10 minute walk to the ferry to Anguilla. Getting around is easy either by taxi or bus, thumbing is safe.
    It is difficult to give advise when I don't know your budget or what time of year you intead to travel. I live here year round and so will be glad to help with any info. Peace.

• enofile's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Marigot

by enofile Online Now Jun 7, 2005 at 6:16 PM

Thank you so much for your response. First, I will be in Marigot for the night of July 7 and the night of July 18th. I do not really have a budget, but since I get in to St. Martin after 10:30 P.M. on the 7th, and will be leaving for the States on the 19th,I will not be using any facilities at the hotel. I will be ferrying to Anguilla on the 8th and hope to simply eat well in Marigot and sip a few glasses of good wine while wathcing the Gallic ambience pass by. Will any restaurants be open after 11:00 on the 7th of July? I have heard that the ferry over to Anguilla is very rough. Is this true? Thank you very much for any help you can give me. Phil

• foreveangel's Profile Photo

by foreveangel Online Now Jun 9, 2005 at 10:16 AM

I think the suggestion of the Hotel Beach Plaza is the best choice for a very nice hotel very close to the ferry to Anguilla. If you contact the hotel they may be able to accomodate something ready to eat and a bottle of wine. I don't know how acommodating they can be for you, but money always speaks the language of service.

I have a home in which I live downstaris and the upstairs is for friends, family and guests. It has one bedroom, private bath, and terrace overlooking Anguilla. There is a privacy door at the bottom of the stairs. I'm always happy to share what I have here in St. Martin with travelers and have done so numerous times.

Peace

• Suzanne123's Profile Photo

by Suzanne123 Online Now Apr 3, 2006 at 1:52 PM

In my search for an affordable place to stay, I came across Fantastic Guest House for55 per night. Found out it is in Marigot above an autobody shop. LOL. Good thing I found something else! I stayed at Dutch couple's B&B (really a condo with a pool, weight room, and boat. It is near Maho Dutch St. Maarten and is 100-120 per night. That went well. I can give you, or anyone else, the details if you'd like.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines