change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• earthflyer's Profile Photo

40th birthday in Saint-Malo

by earthflyer Online Now Jan 25, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Have decided to spend a week in Saint-Malo (France) for my 40th Birthday in May but I will be alone and away from relatives which I am happy to do and not for the first time either but dose anybody have any recommendation as where to go for a few drinks. Already know Saint-Malo is not famous for nightlife but I'm not really interested in clubbing, been their and done that. Just a few beers will do.

Thanks

11 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 10:43 AM
    • Fastest way to go to Dinan from St. Malo and Back for the day

by Sally66 Online Now Jan 25, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Will be in Saint Malo in May arriving on Cruise Ship. The schedules are in French and I can't read that.
      What are the transportation times from Saint Malo to Dinan in May?
      Will also need the return times.

Would like to spend a few hours in Dinan and then return to Saint Malo.
      Thanks.
      Is Bus the fastest or trains?

4 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 1:30 AM
    • ashipway's Profile Photo

St Malo Ferry Terminal - long term parking and storage

by ashipway Online Now Jan 21, 2014 at 2:28 PM

We are hiring a car and travelling around France in May. We have planned a 3 day trip to Guernsey. Unfortunately the ferry does not travel on the day we planned so we are going via Jersey. Our car hire agreement is void if we take the car on the ferry. I have found that there is long term parking at St Malo port and a shuttle to the ferry for foot passengers. Are these facilities secure? Is anyone aware of any secure luggage lockers so we don't have to take everything with us for 2 nights without the use of a car? We have around 5 hours on Jersey before our connection to Guernsey and had hoped to see Mont Orgueil Castle without loads of luggage.
      Look forward to hearing your advice

3 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 5:18 AM
    • Private Taxi [Not Meter Taxi]

by whatthedevil Online Now Oct 18, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I need an inexpensive car to pick three mother and two small children up from Perros and get them to St Malo Brittany ferries to catch the 9.30am sailing to Portsmouth Sunday morning 20th Oct 2013

16 Answers Nov 5, 2013 at 6:24 AM
    • Lockers in St. Malo?

by VanessaT89 Online Now Aug 17, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Hi, has anyone been to St. Malo before and stored luggage? We are arriving by train and have 5 hours until our ferry leaves to Jersey. We want to look around the town for the afternoon. The website looks like there are locker facilities however just wanted to make sure as we will have a couple of suitcases! thanks :)

5 Answers Aug 23, 2013 at 4:21 AM
    • Saint Malo lamps shop

by Sandydiab Online Now Jul 20, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Hi, I was in St Malo last month on a Sunday and I passed by a shop that had the most beautiful collection of colurful table lamps, the store was closed on Sunday and I forgot to write down the name, does anyone know about such a store by any chance? It had a nice collection on mushroom shaped colurful table lamps

Thanks

3 Answers Jul 21, 2013 at 2:57 AM
    • bus from Dinan/ lanvallay to St Malo

by dragonpig Online Now Jul 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Does anyone know if there is a bus into St Malo and back from Dinan/Lanvallay next Tuesday (9th July '13 ) We want to go and see the finish of the Tour stage but don't want to drive if we can help it.

or if anyone knows of a Park & Ride outside St Malo :) Thanks

7 Answers Jul 3, 2013 at 11:02 AM
    • transport in Brttany

by nordapru Online Now Jun 24, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Is there a re gular bus bus service between St Malo and Dinan

2 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM
    • St Malo on Sunday

by mituag Online Now Jun 7, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Hi,

I am planning to visit St Malo on Sunday. Would like to know if the shops in side the walled city stay open or closed on Sunday?

3 Answers Jun 7, 2013 at 6:46 AM
    • Public Transport

by Lysette1 Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Is there a bus to the camping Pointe St Gilles in Benodet from the nearest train station?

3 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM
    • Bus, train or tour from St Malo to Mont Saint Michel

by Rosebud100 Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 2:51 PM

We are a group of 4 adults and will be staying in St Malo in May. We will not have a car and would like to do a day trip to Mont Saint Michel. We were wondering if there is a day tour that leaves from St Malo, or alternatively, is there a local bus or train that goes there. If not, is there one that leaves from Dinard. Many thanks. Kate

4 Answers Jan 27, 2013 at 4:52 AM
    • St.Malo to Bordeaux

by Keenasever Online Now Dec 3, 2012 at 6:27 PM

With a group of 4 adults what would be the best travelling option to go from St. Malo to Bordeaux please?
      Merci

22 Answers Dec 16, 2012 at 1:55 AM
    • the search for St. Malo's Best breakfast !

by DEEDEE30 Online Now Mar 7, 2012 at 2:10 PM

I'm coming as a day tripper on Saturday 10th March and would like to know where the best place for breakfast is on a budget!
      Also, is there a market in St Malo on Saturday or a shopping area to explore?
      Many thanks!
      Dee

1 Answer Mar 7, 2012 at 7:21 PM
    • Shopping

by jessindy Online Now Feb 8, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Hiya, Im planning to go to saint malo during my school holidays but Im not sure if town is open on Sundays? or any hypermarkets?

thankyou... Jess!

4 Answers Feb 10, 2012 at 8:04 AM
    • bars

by joedumfries Online Now Sep 17, 2011 at 7:09 AM

going to st malo next month staying at hotel du louvre not arriving till late does anyone know if there are any nearby bars and what time do bars close and what is the average price of a large beer thanks.

1 Answer Sep 17, 2011 at 10:29 AM
    • SAINT-MALO (DINAN & DINARD)

by tardan Online Now Jul 25, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Hello,

Is there a way to go to Dinan & Dinard from Saint-Malo (I only have
      one day in Saint-Malo)?

Thank you,
      Rita

4 Answers Jul 27, 2011 at 3:06 AM
    • Travel

by bobby_mac Online Now Apr 29, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Hello all,
      I am getting a boat to St Malo on 11th July, and am getting a connecting flight later on from Beauvais airport. As a new traveller to France, I was wondering what is the best way to get from St Malo to Beauvais? Cheapest preferably, however any method would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks

1 Answer Apr 29, 2011 at 2:53 PM
    • Northern itinerary help needed

by mlaskin100 Online Now Mar 19, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Dear Friends,

Iwill be arriving in Beauvais airport in mid May and have 2 weeks to explore
      Northern france. Mont St Michel, Brittany, Normandy and St Malo have been discussed with me. Could you help me formulate an itinerary. I've never been to Northern France.

Thank you

8 Answers Mar 20, 2011 at 9:22 PM
    • Sunday openings

by shirleyk29 Online Now Dec 29, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Hi, we're coming back to St Malo in June for 7 nights, arriving on a Sunday. Can you tell me if all shops (including those where I could buy a filled baguette) open on Sundays? We parcicularly enjoyed the shop that sold filled baguettes on the corner of La rue Saint-Vincent in the Intra Muros. Thank you.

2 Answers Jan 4, 2011 at 3:30 AM
    • drinking in france

by seast Online Now Aug 12, 2010 at 6:49 AM

I'm almost 18, but heard the french are more relaxed about drinking ages as long as its within reason, is this the case in the bars in saint-malo? Im meant to be going this month and would like to know please

1 Answer Aug 12, 2010 at 12:14 PM
    • drinking in france

by seast Online Now Aug 12, 2010 at 6:48 AM

I'm almost 18, but heard the french are more relaxed about drinking ages as long as its within reason, is this the case in the bars in saint-malo? Im meant to be going this month and would like to know please

6 Answers Aug 12, 2010 at 9:30 AM
    • msklausler's Profile Photo

Do I need a car in St Malo?

by msklausler Online Now Apr 27, 2010 at 7:49 PM

My husband and I are going to St Malo for 4 days. He has a conference and I will be shopping and enjoying the city during the day. But, do I need a car to do these things? I would prefer to not have one, but if I need one to enjoy the city I will get one. Any advice? Also, we are staying at Oceania and they may or may not have parking.

Thank you!

4 Answers May 15, 2010 at 5:46 PM
    • shopping an easter sunday

by jimbobmoodie Online Now Mar 30, 2010 at 8:06 AM

Hi, i am going to saint-malo on easter sunday, i was wondering if the shops are open so i can do a bit of clothes shopping, etc?

2 Answers Mar 31, 2010 at 3:30 AM
    • annase's Profile Photo

Easter Sunday

by annase Online Now Mar 20, 2010 at 3:22 AM

Bonjour, I'm spending Easter Sunday in Saint Malo and I wonder whether any of the shops, bars, patisseries, cafes and restaurants are open as normal on that day as it is Easter weekend. I'll be arriving in the morning from the ferry and would like to have some breakfast and lunch before being able to check in to my hotel, so I'd like to be sure that there is somewhere that I can go that is open for sure. Thanks for your help in advance.

2 Answers Mar 20, 2010 at 3:44 AM
    • taxi to Mauron near Morbihan

by chrissy123 Online Now Jun 8, 2009 at 10:26 AM

does anyone know of a taxi company who speak english and can collect me from st malo ferry and take me to Plourmel..1hr journey south and return journey...thank you chrissy x

1 Answer Jun 8, 2009 at 1:37 PM
    • Restaurants

by NickiBiot Online Now May 30, 2009 at 12:08 AM

I will be in st malo in July for a long weekend. I am looking for restaurant recommendations, not low end but not super expensive....any where we can get the real taste of Brittany. Will have car so dont need to limit to only within st malo.

Many thanks
      Nicki

• world_citizen's Profile Photo

Campsites

by world_citizen Online Now Jan 13, 2008 at 11:13 AM

Does anyone know of good campsites close to the town of St Malo? Thanks!

9 Answers May 7, 2009 at 12:49 PM
    • SOUVENIRS

by cobb Online Now Feb 14, 2007 at 10:47 AM

What is the E-mail address of the store posted for souvenirs in
      St. Malo. i made a puchase there previously and would like to purchase a
      small granite home that looks traditional to brittany

1 Answer Feb 14, 2007 at 3:26 PM
    • Luggage storage

by jadugan Online Now Jun 3, 2006 at 10:21 AM

I am traveling to St. Malo by train, then 4 hours later taking the ferry to Jersey. I would like to explore St. Malo during that time and the ferry office does not store luggage for its passengers due to security measures. Does anyone know where I can stow luggage for a few hours. I am told the SNCF station does not offer a "consigne" but am not sure if that is accurate.

2 Answers Jun 18, 2007 at 8:47 PM
    • St-Malo to Mont St-Michel

by gopointers2 Online Now Feb 21, 2006 at 11:19 PM

Hello. I will be arriving in St-Malo at 13:00 on Sunday, February 26th. I need to be in Rouen Monday night, February 27th, no later than 21:00.

I do not have a car (travelling via train) and it appears that trains are infrequent and Les Courriers Bretons, who have bus shuttles from St-Malo to Pontorson and Mont St-Michel, only run one trip a day.

Can anyone help me figure out my transportation options?

I appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you.

3 Answers Feb 22, 2006 at 8:25 AM