Saint-Malo Travel Answers

change location

St-Malo to Mont St-Michel

by gopointers2 Online Now Feb 21, 2006 at 11:19 PM

Hello. I will be arriving in St-Malo at 13:00 on Sunday, February 26th. I need to be in Rouen Monday night, February 27th, no later than 21:00.

I do not have a car (travelling via train) and it appears that trains are infrequent and Les Courriers Bretons, who have bus shuttles from St-Malo to Pontorson and Mont St-Michel, only run one trip a day.

Can anyone help me figure out my transportation options?

I appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • RE: St-Malo to Mont St-Michel

by Dunx Online Now Feb 22, 2006 at 4:47 AM

Trains are your best bet. On the Sunday there's a 15.50 departure from St Malo, change at Dol and Caen and you'll be in Rouen at 21.57.

If you leave it until Monday you'll need to be on the 07.50 out of St Malo, with a long-ish change at Dol (plenty of time to catch a breakfast), change again at Caen and you'll be in Rouen at 14.16.

Get the full timetables from www.sncf.fr , following links to 'Bouger en region' for Bretagne and Basse Normandie, and 'telechargement fiches horaires'. Note that you only get this latter option in the French language site, not the English.

The www.voyages-sncf.com site will direct you to go into Paris and out again - an expensive option that doesn't appear to save time !

Good luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • chinagazer's Profile Photo

RE: St-Malo to Mont St-Michel

by chinagazer Online Now Feb 22, 2006 at 6:24 AM

If you are in St-Malo at 13:00, that should leave you enough time to go to Rennes from where you can catch the 5.30 pm bus to Mont St-Michel (Les Courriers Bretons). Arrival Mont St-Michel 19:00.
    If you don't necessarily have to be in St-Malo, you can travel directly to Rennes (from Brest or Paris or whereever) and catch the bus from there to Mont St-Michel.

• altamiro's Profile Photo

RE: RE: St-Malo to Mont St-Michel

by altamiro Online Now Feb 22, 2006 at 8:25 AM

I assume you are looking for schedules at www.sncf.fr - it is a very strange site, with different levels. The local traffic (trains, SNCF buses) is sometimes only listed at the TER (local trains) sub-site, www.ter-sncf.fr - seek out the right region and look for the timetable of the specific lines (but they have a network scheme). Not very user-friendly, I know.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Saint-Malo