Saint Lucia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Traveling from Internatioal Airport to Gros Islet

Saint Lucia Mar 26, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Myself and a companion are trying to find the cheapest way from the International Airport to Gros Islet on a Tuesday afternoon. Does anyone have any suggestions? We have looked into buses and taxis; however, I can't seem to find a actual bus company online or there routes, times, etc. Taxis seem to be really expensive especially because it is an almost two hour drive.
      So any information you have would be great!

Thanks

more
    • Baby formula

Saint Lucia Apr 9, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Does the food stores sell ready to eat baby formula?

more
    • Bobster1956's Profile Photo

Mosquito's

Saint Lucia Apr 9, 2014 at 2:40 AM

My friend is holidaying in st Lucia for two weeks in mid May and been told there are no mosquito 's on the island!!
      What will her experience of the creatures be at that time of year as I am sure they will join her on her holiday

more
    • Baby formula

Saint Lucia Apr 9, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Does the food stores sell ready to eat baby formula?

2 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 11:46 AM
    • Bobster1956's Profile Photo

Mosquito's

Saint Lucia Apr 9, 2014 at 2:40 AM

My friend is holidaying in st Lucia for two weeks in mid May and been told there are no mosquito 's on the island!!
      What will her experience of the creatures be at that time of year as I am sure they will join her on her holiday

2 Answers Apr 19, 2014 at 3:07 PM
    • Traveling from Internatioal Airport to Gros Islet

Saint Lucia Mar 26, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Myself and a companion are trying to find the cheapest way from the International Airport to Gros Islet on a Tuesday afternoon. Does anyone have any suggestions? We have looked into buses and taxis; however, I can't seem to find a actual bus company online or there routes, times, etc. Taxis seem to be really expensive especially because it is an almost two hour drive.
      So any information you have would be great!

Thanks

• LisaLynn0801's Profile Photo

To fly to or cruise to Saint Lucia

Saint Lucia Jan 22, 2014 at 11:27 AM

For many years it has been a dream to visit St. Lucia. I love the idea of staying on a hillside resort there, but also have never cruised before. Have been trying to compare costs with both, still unsure. I'm afraid if I cruise there and only have a day to spend there for excursions, I may be sorry I just didn't fly there. Can anybody offer any insight one way or the another on this? Thanks!

6 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 7:46 AM
    • smugglers cove

Saint Lucia Dec 16, 2013 at 11:10 AM

is this place recomended. Its seems like such a good. what mumber rooms are good. thanks

1 Answer Dec 17, 2013 at 2:54 AM
    • Someone wants to joint for Deep Sea Fishing?

Saint Lucia Oct 21, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Me and my girlfriend are going to be in St. Lucia and st. Vincent /Grenadines from 11 nov- 23 nov and we really want to go Deep sea fishing. However we don't want to get a private charter as it is very expensive and there is no point in being alone. It is more interesting to relate with others who share the same hobby and likewise are enjoying a holiday in the Caribbean. So is there someone out there who wants to experience this tour with us?
      Can you suggest how we can find others who want to join/organise this activity? Help is much appreciated ! thanks

2 Answers Oct 22, 2013 at 1:13 AM
    • Real St. Lucia Tours - Has Anyone here done their Volcano Night Bash Tour?

Saint Lucia Sep 25, 2013 at 2:17 PM

My husband and I have booked our holiday and will be staying in Rodney Bay, now that we are packed and ready to go the next thing on our agenda is to book some excursions. We've already reserved our airport transfer through St. Lucia Airport Shuttle and would like anyone take on the Volcano Night Bash tour. You can read the details here realstluciatours.com/Volcano...

-Miata

• Taxi from SLU Castries Airport to Marina Village Marigot Bay

Castries Jun 27, 2013 at 4:43 AM

What should we budget for taxi fare?

2 Answers Jun 27, 2013 at 8:41 AM
    • Hurricane season ...

Saint Lucia Jun 11, 2013 at 9:04 AM

When does it start and finish?

3 Answers Oct 19, 2013 at 7:27 AM
    • 1/2 day excursions

Saint Lucia Mar 7, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Our ship will be docked on 4/4/13. We would like to do a 1/2 day trip to Reduit beach or Pigeon Isle.

Please let me know what you offer and the cost.

3 Answers Mar 7, 2013 at 3:20 PM
    • catamaran tour

Saint Lucia Feb 12, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Is there anyone who would like to go in on a private catamaran tour to the pitons, sulphur springs, coco plantation, drive in volcano etc. It there are 8 of us they will customize the trip. This is with Mystic Tours. This is for the 19th of February 2013 Please reply ASAP.

1 Answer Feb 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM
    • viator

Saint Lucia Feb 12, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Has anyone used Viator to book tours? How about in St. Lucia to go on catamaran along the coast?
      Thank You

3 Answers Feb 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM
    • Local Buses routes from Fort Vieux

Quarter of Vieux-Fort Dec 26, 2012 at 11:35 AM

we are staying at the Cocunut Bay Beach resort in Fort Vieux in the early Spring. we would like to use the local buses to see some of the island. Where do the bus route run and do they go to Laborie and Soufriere. How long does it take and do the buses run regularly as we do not want get stranded.

• pj2904's Profile Photo

General Costs in SL

Saint Lucia Dec 25, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Hi

Thinking of going to SL this year. What I would like know is what the general cost of holidaying within the resorts. . Is the general economy similar to the UK in terms of average cost of eating out and shopping & getting about etc etc, or is it generally more or less expensive then England.

Thanks.

• TravelQueenBeck's Profile Photo

Hotel Blu in St. Lucia

Saint Lucia Nov 6, 2012 at 6:21 AM

I am looking to stay in St Lucia and have come across the Blu hotel. They've got some photos up on a blog, I think from the owners of the hotel. it looks nice. I was just wondering if anyone has stayed there and whether its in a good area of St. Lucia?

• Apartment rentals in Soufriere

Soufrière Sep 24, 2012 at 5:51 PM

We are going to Soufriere in December for about 10 days and we'd like to rent an apartment instead of staying in a hotel. I have contacted several properties from VRBO, but was wandering if anyone had any other suggestions for looking for accommodations. We are also open to staying at an affordable hotel. Any ideas?

1 Answer Feb 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM
    • Recommendations for Blue Mountain Resort

Saint Lucia Mar 5, 2012 at 4:28 AM

Hi, Has anyone stayed at this place? I contacted them (via their website) & am still awaiting an answer.

I'm wondering if they will accept a 5 year old with their adult guests? !!

How can one reach the 'drive-in' volcano from there? Proximity?

And how far is the location for the rainforest zip-lining please?

Thank you in advance

DB

3 Answers Mar 5, 2012 at 6:28 AM
    • MyTravellingShoes's Profile Photo

Are there local restaurants, etc?

Saint Lucia Feb 21, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I have been to St. Lucia twice, the last time in 2009. We do love the stunning natural beauty of the island and the friendliness of the people and explored quite a bit by our own. Both times we stayed in Rodney Bay area, however the last time I noticed that the previously thriving area, touristy, but full of local bars, restaurants and shops had quietened down considerably. A lot of places were closed down and overall it seemed all business had moved to the all-inclusive resorts...I don't think this was season related as we visited in Feb.
      What is the situation now - is it purely resorts now?
      Thanks!

• power converters?

Saint Lucia Dec 23, 2011 at 5:29 AM

is the power supply 110 or 220 in St Lucia

4 Answers Dec 23, 2011 at 11:31 AM
    • February Honeymoon

Saint Lucia Dec 13, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Hi all,

I know I'm running out of time, but I can't decided and even figure out if St. Lucia is good place for honeymoon in February. Is water hot enough at this time for swimming and spending day at the beach? If so, what would be best area.

Please help!

2 Answers Dec 13, 2011 at 9:29 PM
    • victor72's Profile Photo

From Castries port to the downtown

Saint Lucia Nov 16, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Hello,

I´m going to visit Saint Lucia in a cruise the next month. Can I go walking from Castries port to the downtown ? Is it near or I need to take a taxi to the center ?

Thank you.

4 Answers Nov 16, 2011 at 4:55 PM
    • Is there more than one coco palm

Saint Lucia Sep 14, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Hi

We are about to book at holiday to stay in the Coco Palm, Rodney Bay, St. L. After doing research on trip adviser this seems like a popular resort but then I see its also referred to Coco Palm Resorts- is this a different hotel? Is there more than one Coco Palm? I am concerned we will end up somewhere we didnt expect and doesn't reach our expectations. Please help! Than you

1 Answer Feb 21, 2012 at 1:46 PM
    • Brig Unicorn Pirate Adventure

Saint Lucia Aug 1, 2011 at 2:43 PM

We are booked at the Coconut Bay Resort and would like to arrange a tour on the Brig Unicorn. Do we get picked up from our hotel, or do we have to arrange transportation to Rodney Bay?

2 Answers Aug 1, 2011 at 5:44 PM
    • 1st timer

Castries May 18, 2011 at 8:23 AM

can someone help a 1st timer to Castries.. we're in for one day (Cruise) just want to spend our time wisely.. Christi & I are open to just about anything except boredom.. we're from New Orleans so we can hang with the locals! any advise?

1 Answer May 18, 2011 at 9:26 AM
    • One day in St. Lucia

Saint Lucia Jan 1, 2011 at 7:54 AM

We will dock at Castries for one day. Should we rent a car or hire a guide? Can you recommend sights or a tour guide? Also like to eat local cuisine, especially fresh seafood. Any suggestions. We don't need fancy, just good food.

6 Answers Jan 17, 2011 at 10:40 AM
    • susie

Saint Lucia Dec 1, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Where are the local grocery stores in Castries?

1 Answer Dec 2, 2010 at 12:10 AM
    • St Lucia to St Barth's?

Saint Lucia Nov 13, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Is it possible to take a day trip from St. Lucia to St. Barth's? I am trying to meet up with some friends of ours who will be visiting St. Maarten's and St. Barth's on a yacht. Is it possible that they could travel via yacht to St. Lucia? Or my boyfriend and I from St. Lucia there?

Also, Is it better to stay in a resort in Soufierres or Castries? Furthermore, a Sandals resort (which may be sold out, except the penthouse suite) OR a unique, maybe boutique hotel? If so, which one is recommended?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Elif

1 Answer Nov 13, 2010 at 10:14 PM
    • Karlie85's Profile Photo

Day trip to Martinique

Saint Lucia Nov 9, 2010 at 10:03 AM

We're going to St. Lucia end of Jan/.beginning of Feb. and are very interested in taking one of the day trips to Martinique. This is what I have found online so far:

Sun Link Tours -220/person. Tuesdays and Fridays.

Serenity Tours - info not on site. Called the 1-800 number,220/person. Fridays.

Sun Tours Carribean -230/ea. Thursdays.

Solar Tours and Travel -230/ea. Thursdays.

Spice Travel and Tours -235/ea. Wednesdays.

St. Lucia Wave Riders - No date or price on website.

To me, based on the descriptions on the different websites, they all seem like the (almost exact)same tour (itinerary), just on different dates, with a slightly different price, through different tour operators.

Has anyone had any experience with any of these tour operators? Any I should consider over the others? Does one have better/worse guides than the other? Or should I just book based on cost/day of week?

Any info appreciated. Thanks!

1 Answer Nov 9, 2010 at 5:36 PM
    • Staying in a Villa & Safety

Saint Lucia Oct 21, 2010 at 5:08 AM

Has anyone recently been to the island that can tell me how they felt the island was for safety? We will not be staying at a resort - but rather a home or a villa and I am wondering how safe that will be? We plan to do some excursions - but like to explore. Traveling with two younger teens as well as my husband.

1 Answer Oct 21, 2010 at 5:33 AM
    • Karlie85's Profile Photo

Trying to decide between The Village Inn and Bay Gardens Inn

Saint Lucia Oct 17, 2010 at 8:31 PM

My husband and I are planning on going at the end of January. We're in our mid-20s, love the beach, swimming, etc. We are planning on doing a couple of day excursions so we won't always be around the hotel. These options seem pretty similar to us, but the difference in price through the company we are booking with is about300 total. I realize nothing in Rodney Bay is really 'far' from anything else, but is one better than the other in terms of beach during the day and walking around/shopping/restaurants in the evening?

We are leaning towards one but I'd like to see some other opinions.

I appreciate all opinions, however we've done some research and we're only going to choose between these two based on what we've seen and what is available to us.

3 Answers Nov 9, 2010 at 9:58 AM