Saint Lucia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Saint Lucia Aug 20, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Hello everyone.

Any thoughts on the SANDALS REGENCY LA TOC? I was thinking of taking my wife there for our 10 year anniversary but after reading all the blogs about crime, bums on the beach etc, I am wondering about the SANDALS REGENCY LA TOC beach. Does the resort try to keep "bums" away? Will we be hassled many times per day by locals selling goods? Crime at the hotel? Butlers... are they any good? Do they really cater to your needs?

Any specific warnings regarding this resort?

What is this resorts average clientele? Age range, average age?

Would you take the resorts "airport transportation" from the airport to the hotel? If not, suggestion please.

"Smoke"... if we don't want to go off resort, who at the resort will be best suited to procure smoke for us?

We are a Caucasian couple from the United States.

Any additional information is appreciated.

Thank you.

3 Answers Aug 20, 2015 at 12:08 PM
    • where should we stay?

Saint Lucia Aug 3, 2015 at 6:40 PM

need help deciding where to stay. Want to be able to do a lot and plan on drinking and having fun as well. Want to explore the island also. We are going in November for 5 nights for my bday and our ten year anniversary. I liked Capella in Marigot Bay as well as Sandals and windjammers looked fine as well!

• grilled fish on the beach?

Saint Lucia Jun 16, 2015 at 5:42 AM

Some time ago, a segment on St Lucia aired on the TV show Caribbean Life. It featured a retired military couple from Canada with two dogs moving to St Lucia. Of three homes, they chose the Reduit House. At the end of the show, it had them eating grilled fish on a beach. It was an open grill right on the beach. Does anyone know where this was? Possibilities would be Reduit or Rodney Bay, but also maybe the Friday Jump Up in Dennery? We would love to go there if we can find out where they were on the show.

3 Answers Jun 18, 2015 at 2:09 AM
    • snorkeling in St Lucia

Saint Lucia May 28, 2015 at 2:47 PM

I will be coming to St Lucia on a cruise in a few weeks. The three adults that I will be with do not want to snorkel so I would like to find a nice quiet beach with chairs and umbrella to rent and good snorkeling right from the beach. I do not want to take a boat excursion without them. Can you suggest the best place for us? How long a cab ride would that be? What would be approximate costs for the cab, beach access and rentals? If necessary I'll bring my own snorkeling equipment.

1 Answer May 29, 2015 at 9:35 AM
    • Saint Lucia for families?

Saint Lucia Mar 4, 2015 at 11:27 AM

I'm taking my 7 year old daughter on a Daddy-Daughter trip to Saint Lucia this summer. We want an all inclusive resort, good food, good beach, & to do sailing. We're not into shopping etc. Can anyone give me resort tips & suggestions in general? Only 2 of us traveling.

4 Answers May 29, 2015 at 9:44 AM
    • Rent a car & diving.

Saint Lucia Jan 12, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Hi, I'll be at Smuggler cove in february, I would like to rent a car at the airport, suggests?
      Scuba diving nearby?

1 Answer Jan 14, 2015 at 7:28 AM
    • Chikungunya

Saint Lucia Nov 17, 2014 at 8:56 AM

We will be going to St Lucia again next May but are worried about the latest reports of

We are both over 70 with health problems. ? Good idea

7 Answers Nov 19, 2014 at 12:24 PM
    • water taxi's prices

Saint Lucia Nov 4, 2014 at 2:00 PM

What is a typical price for a water taxi from Soufriere's to Sugar Beach and a little tour around the pitons and back to Soufriere?

• briantravelman's Profile Photo

Tour Companies On St. Lucia

Saint Lucia Sep 30, 2014 at 5:33 PM

I am looking for a tour company that visits the same places, as Cosol, but skips the banana plantation, waterfall, and botanical gardens. I have no interest in visiting those.
      I would rather visit the cacao plantation instead, or just have more time in the other places. Just something I can use during a cruise stop. Don't suggest Herod. And I would also like a tour, that departs 15 or 30 minutes after the ship arrives, because I found one that doesn't depart for an hour, and since there is nothing to see around the cruise terminal, I don't want to wait that long, and waste valuable time.
      Has anyone traveled with this Cosol Tour company, who can give me a detailed schedule of the entire tour?

10 Answers Oct 27, 2014 at 6:12 PM
    • St Lucia beaches

Saint Lucia Sep 10, 2014 at 7:01 AM

I will be in St Lucia this year at the end of Oct. and was wondering if anyone could suggest some non touristy beaches. Is the snorkeling any good? Or, should I leave that extra baggage at home. I will be at the north eastern part of the island in Cap Estate.

2 Answers Nov 1, 2014 at 3:30 PM
    • Mosqutitoes in September

Saint Lucia Aug 20, 2014 at 2:08 PM

what is ST LUCIA like as far as mosquitoes go in the month of September.

2 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 11:08 AM
    • Prices of clothing

Saint Lucia Island Jul 28, 2014 at 9:55 AM

What are average prices of clothing in St Lucia ?

• fool_moon's Profile Photo

white sand beach

Saint Lucia Island Jul 28, 2014 at 7:48 AM

looking on Hotel pics, almost all beaches in St.Lucia seem to have "White" sand. Reading Voyagers Evaluations most write about "vulcanic" sand which I rather know as "black" sand. Has anybody an idea where to find a White sand beach on St. Lucia's westcoast ?

3 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 10:15 AM
    • Chikungunya Fever in St. Lucia - Info/Comments?

Saint Lucia Jul 3, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Hello, everyone. I am supposed to travel to St. Lucia for a vacation in August and am concerned about the May 2014 outbreak of chikungunya fever. Have any recent travelers to St. Lucia experienced any problems with this health issue?

1 Answer Jul 3, 2014 at 1:36 PM
    • Baby formula

Saint Lucia Apr 9, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Does the food stores sell ready to eat baby formula?

2 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 11:46 AM
    • Bobster1956's Profile Photo

Saint Lucia Apr 9, 2014 at 2:40 AM

My friend is holidaying in st Lucia for two weeks in mid May and been told there are no mosquito 's on the island!!
      What will her experience of the creatures be at that time of year as I am sure they will join her on her holiday

2 Answers Apr 19, 2014 at 3:07 PM
    • Traveling from Internatioal Airport to Gros Islet

Saint Lucia Mar 26, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Myself and a companion are trying to find the cheapest way from the International Airport to Gros Islet on a Tuesday afternoon. Does anyone have any suggestions? We have looked into buses and taxis; however, I can't seem to find a actual bus company online or there routes, times, etc. Taxis seem to be really expensive especially because it is an almost two hour drive.
      So any information you have would be great!

1 Answer Sep 10, 2014 at 7:10 AM
    • LisaLynn0801's Profile Photo

To fly to or cruise to Saint Lucia

Saint Lucia Jan 22, 2014 at 11:27 AM

For many years it has been a dream to visit St. Lucia. I love the idea of staying on a hillside resort there, but also have never cruised before. Have been trying to compare costs with both, still unsure. I'm afraid if I cruise there and only have a day to spend there for excursions, I may be sorry I just didn't fly there. Can anybody offer any insight one way or the another on this? Thanks!

6 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 7:46 AM
    • smugglers cove

Saint Lucia Dec 16, 2013 at 11:10 AM

is this place recomended. Its seems like such a good. what mumber rooms are good. thanks

2 Answers Jan 12, 2015 at 7:10 PM
    • Someone wants to joint for Deep Sea Fishing?

Saint Lucia Oct 21, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Me and my girlfriend are going to be in St. Lucia and st. Vincent /Grenadines from 11 nov- 23 nov and we really want to go Deep sea fishing. However we don't want to get a private charter as it is very expensive and there is no point in being alone. It is more interesting to relate with others who share the same hobby and likewise are enjoying a holiday in the Caribbean. So is there someone out there who wants to experience this tour with us?
      Can you suggest how we can find others who want to join/organise this activity? Help is much appreciated ! thanks

2 Answers Oct 22, 2013 at 1:13 AM
    • Real St. Lucia Tours - Has Anyone here done their Volcano Night Bash Tour?

Saint Lucia Sep 25, 2013 at 2:17 PM

My husband and I have booked our holiday and will be staying in Rodney Bay, now that we are packed and ready to go the next thing on our agenda is to book some excursions. We've already reserved our airport transfer through St. Lucia Airport Shuttle and would like anyone take on the Volcano Night Bash tour. You can read the details here

• Taxi from SLU Castries Airport to Marina Village Marigot Bay

Castries Jun 27, 2013 at 4:43 AM

What should we budget for taxi fare?

2 Answers Jun 27, 2013 at 8:41 AM
    • Hurricane season ...

Saint Lucia Jun 11, 2013 at 9:04 AM

When does it start and finish?

3 Answers Oct 19, 2013 at 7:27 AM
    • 1/2 day excursions

Saint Lucia Mar 7, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Our ship will be docked on 4/4/13. We would like to do a 1/2 day trip to Reduit beach or Pigeon Isle.

Please let me know what you offer and the cost.

3 Answers Mar 7, 2013 at 3:20 PM
    • catamaran tour

Saint Lucia Feb 12, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Is there anyone who would like to go in on a private catamaran tour to the pitons, sulphur springs, coco plantation, drive in volcano etc. It there are 8 of us they will customize the trip. This is with Mystic Tours. This is for the 19th of February 2013 Please reply ASAP.

1 Answer Feb 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM
    • viator

Saint Lucia Feb 12, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Has anyone used Viator to book tours? How about in St. Lucia to go on catamaran along the coast?
      Thank You

3 Answers Feb 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM
    • Local Buses routes from Fort Vieux

Quarter of Vieux-Fort Dec 26, 2012 at 11:35 AM

we are staying at the Cocunut Bay Beach resort in Fort Vieux in the early Spring. we would like to use the local buses to see some of the island. Where do the bus route run and do they go to Laborie and Soufriere. How long does it take and do the buses run regularly as we do not want get stranded.

• pj2904's Profile Photo

General Costs in SL

Saint Lucia Dec 25, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Thinking of going to SL this year. What I would like know is what the general cost of holidaying within the resorts. . Is the general economy similar to the UK in terms of average cost of eating out and shopping & getting about etc etc, or is it generally more or less expensive then England.

• TravelQueenBeck's Profile Photo

Hotel Blu in St. Lucia

Saint Lucia Nov 6, 2012 at 6:21 AM

I am looking to stay in St Lucia and have come across the Blu hotel. They've got some photos up on a blog, I think from the owners of the hotel. it looks nice. I was just wondering if anyone has stayed there and whether its in a good area of St. Lucia?

• Apartment rentals in Soufriere

Soufrière Sep 24, 2012 at 5:51 PM

We are going to Soufriere in December for about 10 days and we'd like to rent an apartment instead of staying in a hotel. I have contacted several properties from VRBO, but was wandering if anyone had any other suggestions for looking for accommodations. We are also open to staying at an affordable hotel. Any ideas?

1 Answer Feb 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM