Saint Lucia Travel Answers

change location

HELP!! TRANSPORTATION FROM HEWANORA AIRPORT TO GROS ISLET

by Pudgepudge Online Now Jan 10, 2004 at 7:39 PM

We are arriving at Hewanora Airport and in need of tip on what's the best and cheapest way travelling from Hewanora to take us to our hotel at Gros Islet. Thanks!!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • maartenw's Profile Photo

Re: HELP!! TRANSPORTATION FROM HEWANORA AIRPORT TO GROS ISLET

by maartenw Online Now Feb 23, 2004 at 2:26 AM

From Hewanorra International airport (south tip of the island) to Gros Islet (northwest) is about 80 minutes drive. It is in fact the 'main' road crossing the island. If you stay in one of the established accomodations they probably have a service to pick you up. If not, there'll be plenty of cab- and minibus drivers at the airport waiting to take you there. I estimate that'll cost you about US$40 , but don't take my word for it. I'd recommend Winson; a giant (literally) from New Frontier Taxi Association from Vieux Fort. Comfy car, very friendly and reliable guy, knows everything and everyone. There is also public transport (minibus) but I don't have any experience or information on that.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • EnglishEagleboy's Profile Photo

Re: HELP!! TRANSPORTATION FROM HEWANORA AIRPORT TO GROS ISLET

by EnglishEagleboy Online Now Mar 7, 2004 at 8:49 AM

You have several options depending on your budget: Bus to Castries A1 bus to Gros Islet Very cheap (ie US$4pp) but not recommended if you like comfort or like to keep your blood pressure down! Sunlink tours organise shared minibuses, and this is a cheap, safe and comfortable option, price is roughly US$20 pp) you will need to book in advance. Taxis are OKbut pricey all over the island ie: Hewanorra - Gros Islet US$70 but haggling will help. Hire car - There are no road signs, street names are limited to towns etc, HOWEVER the island is small so you are never too lost! There is one main road around the island and if you are on this and have a compass you won't get lost.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Saint Lucia Travel Answer Locations