change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• gwened's Profile Photo

VT meeting just for info

Paris Yesterday

This is to try to end what was promise to many . I like to give you the chance to come to my beautiful cities and see things usually not seen by the casual visitor.
      I will be taking you along or with the help of a curator or historian locally. the places will be in consecutive days,but order not chosen yet.
      Paris, underground tour Eiffel, the view of the Chapelle Expiatoire, a boat ride into the countryside;etc.
      Versailles, a look at the underground pumps that feed the gardens of the palace museum, the other Versailles (its more than the palace!), the parks inside the domaine de Versailles even going back the Grand Canal with goodies going back to 1741.
      Fontainebleau, going into rooms not accessable by general public ,even those I do meetings there of historical value, and a guided tour of the city.
      I like to see the interest on it and will try post in forums of these cities too. Eventually will break up the signup into each city to determine number of participants.
      I will come up with ideas to you for lodging, eating, and transportation. So here is your chance again. And thanks to those who have kept mentioning to me here.

more
    • gwened's Profile Photo

VT meeting just for info

Versailles Yesterday

This is to try to end what was promise to many . I like to give you the chance to come to my beautiful cities and see things usually not seen by the casual visitor.
      I will be taking you along or with the help of a curator or historian locally. the places will be in consecutive days,but order not chosen yet.
      Paris, underground tour Eiffel, the view of the Chapelle Expiatoire, a boat ride into the countryside;etc.
      Versailles, a look at the underground pumps that feed the gardens of the palace museum, the other Versailles (its more than the palace!), the parks inside the domaine de Versailles even going back the Grand Canal with goodies going back to 1741.
      Fontainebleau, going into rooms not accessable by general public ,even those I do meetings there of historical value, and a guided tour of the city.
      I like to see the interest on it and will try post in forums of these cities too. Eventually will break up the signup into each city to determine number of participants.
      I will come up with ideas to you for lodging, eating, and transportation. So here is your chance again. And thanks to those who have kept mentioning to me here.

more
    • adema29's Profile Photo

Disyland Paris-Tickets

Paris Yesterday

As I will travel next week to Disneyland Paris (two adults and two kids), I am looking for recommendations for the best offers for tickets.
      Is there any offer for special passes to save some time and prevent the crowds....?
      Thank you for your help!

more
    • Traffic Lights

Paris Jul 13, 2014 at 5:57 AM

We have just got back from Paris...we had an hotel close to the fabulous Eiffel Tower. Do people know how to drive over there? We had our hearts in our mouths every time we had to step onto a crossing with a green man showing and it was worse where the crossing wasn't light controlled where we assumed we had the right of way but most of the time the traffic didn't give way. What are the laws and does anyone take any notice of them?

more
    • kcnaguit's Profile Photo

outside of paris

Paris Jul 16, 2014 at 3:48 AM

hi we will be going to paris in september maybe for a week. we would like to stay outside of paris even just for 2 nights. which place is the best to go? kind of suburb if possible or small city, preferably by train and not too far away. maybe an hour or less than an hour distance from paris.
      Since we plan to go to La Vallee Village to check on the outlets, is there a place around here or along this route that is nice to stay for 2 nights?
      thanks

more
    • Paris - Disneyland options

Paris Jul 8, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I have a return flight from Italy - Paris. My return flight will be from Beauvais Airport which is a bit far Paris. I'm planning to spend my last day visiting Disneyland but I have concerns. Since my flight is early in the morning and has a distance to be covered which would be the better option;
      -To stay in Disneyland and go to the airport from disneyland? If yes, how? What are the options?

- Or to return to the city and then go the airport from the city? If yes, how? What are the options?

Your recommendations will be appreciated. Thank you

more
    • kcnaguit's Profile Photo

which arrondissement to stay

Paris Jul 16, 2014 at 3:41 AM

hi my husband and i both in our 40's will travel for the first time to Paris this September.
      can you help us which area to stay?
      these are the things we want to do aside from visiting the museums and the Eiffel tower--stay in a quiet area if possible (not touristy), go biking even just for a day or half, visit flea markets, food markets, boutiques.
      Is there a place which has that 'Parisian charm'. We would prefer an apartment or a small/boutique hotel.
      Thanks

more
    • gwened's Profile Photo

VT meeting just for info

Fontainebleau Yesterday

more
    • Traffic Lights

Paris Jul 13, 2014 at 6:05 AM

We have just got back from Paris...we had an hotel close to the fabulous Eiffel Tower. Do people know how to drive over there? We had our hearts in our mouths every time we had to step onto a crossing with a green man showing and it was worse where the crossing wasn't light controlled where we assumed we had the right of way but most of the time the traffic didn't give way. What are the laws and does anyone take any notice of them?

more
    • Free admission to Versailles

Versailles Jul 10, 2014 at 2:30 AM

Hi guys! Bonjour! I'm going to Versailles with my husband this August from Ireland. I read that people that are social welfare beneficiaries have the right to free entry to Versailles. My husband and I are both on social welfare in Ireland and I was wondering if only French social welfare beneficiaries get free entry or beneficiaries from Europe as well? Merci :)

more
    • sylv2's Profile Photo

Fast train from Paris to Nice

Paris Jun 24, 2014 at 1:49 AM

Today I booked the TVG train from Paris to Nice. :) It leaves Paris Gare Lyon at 10:49 am 11th September. We actually got First class for $20 each less than 2nd class. Not sure how much difference there is but we thought that was a good deal!
      I have looked up Paris Gare Lyon train Station and it seems to be very busy. It might be a good idea if we checked it out before our departure. Any tips on navigating this station to catch the train to Nice would be very much appreciated.
      Thanks.

more
    • charlesdexterward's Profile Photo

hostel price

Paris Jun 22, 2014 at 10:13 AM

I am looking hostel in paris.Do you have suggestions and What about price ?

more
    • Goin2nantes's Profile Photo

Nantes for 7 months

Paris Jul 15, 2014 at 2:16 AM

Hey guys! I am goin to France for the first time. I'll be staying in Nantes for seven months. Could you please suggest from your personal experiences what all I should definitely not forget to pack? The weight allowed on the flight is 30 kgs excluding the handbag. I'll be goin in the last week of September, really confused about the clothes. I've heard it rains a lot and the weather is nearly unpredictable.

more
    • Paris train station to Toulouse

Paris Jul 10, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Bonjour from Paris!
      Thanks to everyone's help we are now going from Paris to Toulouse to meet a friend. As the train station is very big we figured buying a ticket beforehand would be best is there a site with times and tickets?

Thanks

more
    • Family-ish break

Paris Jul 4, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Hi anyone - visiting Paris with my sisters in their 40s (as am I) and my mum for an Oct break.
      We've been there before with great fun drinking on he banks and scooting around at night and we're looking for much the same where tolerable - but maybe not as wild.
      is Montmartre still okay? Or where would one get a budget apartment for 4 where we could have a quick bottle or two of champagne before heading out for a laugh and maybe a trip down the Seine?

more
    • Need some suggestions

Paris Jul 3, 2014 at 10:17 AM

I am from Boston, MA, USA and haven't been to Paris in over 30 years and my partner wants to go. My experience wasn't great...unfriendly Parisians. I would like my partner to have a better experience. Do you have recommendation for a good hotel to stay in late spring or early fall that's under E200, yet somewhat central to cafes, sights, etc.? If we stay in France for 2 weeks, other Than Marseilles and Aix (been there recently), what areas should we visit that may not have all the tourist buzz, but that still has the beauty. We love scenery of any type....small quaint villages, narrow streets, outside cafes; not the night life type...like boat trips, ferries, lakes, mountains, rivers, etc., though we are not hikers, but we are walkers (67 and 70 yrs of age).

more
    • tanyalara's Profile Photo

Saucisson?

Paris Jul 12, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Bonjour! Where is the best place to buy good quality saucisson in Paris? Is there a particular brand I should look for? Merci.

more
    • ImThere2013's Profile Photo

Saint Andres Des Arts/6th Arrondissement

Paris Jun 23, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Hello, Everyone! I'm back again and need help! I'm renting an apartment on Saint Andres Des Arts but because of our late flight, we will not be able to access the apartment until the next morning. I need recommendations for an excellent hotel for one night's stay. I do not want a hostel or b & b. or low level hotel. I'm looking for a hotel with a safe location and a great reputation. I'm not looking for $500 a night but I want something that's considered a cut above the your average hotel stay. Please advise and THANK YOU in ADVANCE for your help and advice!!

more
    • Seeking large restaurant to facilitate 145 people for 10 or 11 euros if possible!

Paris Jun 30, 2014 at 1:21 AM

We are staying around Cite Universtaire at Porte d'orleans metro stop. Plans fell through and we need to accommodate 145 people for dinner in the area. We are looking to spend 10 euros per person including a drink. Any suggestions?

more
    • Traffic Lights

Paris Jul 13, 2014 at 5:44 AM

more
    • keller4's Profile Photo

Trains in Paris

Paris Jul 10, 2014 at 10:00 PM

We have booked a TVG train to Interlaken Switzerland from Paris and return. On the day we return we are catching the Eurostar to London. What I didn't notice when I made the bookings was that the TVG train from Interlaken comes into Gare Du Lyon and the Eurostar leaves from Gare du Nord. My question is will one and a half hours be enough time to get to Gare Du Nord from Gare Du Lyon and how do we go about it? We have never been to Paris before.
      Regards
      Maureen

more
    • Paris Catacombs - Sunday in August - Line lengths and available tours

Paris Jul 9, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Hello, I would really love to see the Paris Catacombs on a Sunday in August. I have have been reading that the lineups can be several hours long. I have tried to book a "Skip the Line" tour but I can't have any with availability on a weekend. Does anyone know how long the line will be if we arrive in the morning for the 1000h opening? Does anyone know of any Skip the Line Tours which might have availability?

more

PARIS BISTROS

Paris Jun 30, 2014 at 7:19 AM

I'm sure this is a bit tired, but where can I get an authentic Parisian bistro experience? I've had the following recommendations: Le Quincy, Chez Robert et Louise & Chez Denise. The latter two are alleged favorites of Tony Bourdain from a past show so I don't know if they are truly good or have become "tourist traps." I know there are newer and hotter restauratns, just wanted to get a "local" feel but of course, I am looking for a high quality experience! Thank you!

more
    • Nadine_Harley's Profile Photo

Budget Hotel

Paris Jul 8, 2014 at 4:06 AM

Hi Guys, I am looking for a budget hotel in Paris near to the Champs Elysees, anything under the 80e per night mark would be good. Does anyone have any recommendations?
      Thanks,
      nadine.

more

MUSEUM HELP

Paris Jul 1, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Is there ANY way to beat the lines at L'Orangerie? A friend of mine told me she purchased advance tickets which allegedly gave her direct access but the wait was still extremely long. Also, same question for Notre Dame--I'm chiefly interested in purchasing tickets for access to the top. Thanks in advance!

more