Saint-Louis Travel Answers

change location

Hotel

by Jujuju454545 Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I am needing to stay in Saint-Louis in May, I will be staying alone and need a hotel that is quite central (for ease of wandering) and that is not too expensive, I will be coming from Basel possibly by tram - does anyone have any suggestions please ?? Also any suggestions of how to entertain myself for two days in Saint-Louis ... I have not visited before - thank you

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel

by Beausoleil Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 11:23 AM

There is an Ibis downtown that might suit you. We haven't stayed there so I can't recommend them, but Ibis is a very reliable chain and usually not too expensive. accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-561...

There is a museum of contemporary art within walking distance but it didn't particularly appeal to me. Art is very personal so you might enjoy it. Here's their web site. fondationfernet-branca.org/i...

You can check reviews on www.tripadvisor.com, our sister web site. There isn't much listed for St. Louis but one thing looked interesting (to me). tripadvisor.com/Attraction_R...

Here's the official St. Louis town web site so you can check for things happening on the dates you'll be visiting. http://www.saint-louis.fr/ (click the tiny British flag top right for an English translation)

Enjoy Alsace.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gwened's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel

by gwened Online Now Mar 29, 2013 at 2:51 AM

well you are very close to Bale about 3 kms on the Swiss border, nice natural beauty there.Saint Louis by order of Louis XIV lol! it has a more German names before that. And after the 1870-1914 era too. It was evacuated in 1939 (the whole town) to protect from the other invasion...
    Better known for been the home of Danzas a freight forwarded company my wife knows very well... Very nice market in city center dating from 1860,and the tramway from Bale reaches there so easy to move in and out;
    you have some old churches such as St Louis from the 1840-60's era, and a Cupola cinema, Musée d'art contemporain Fernet Branca, this is a museum taken the name from the old distillerie in town
    the town has an english version that can give you more info. I just past by several years ago by car.
    saint-louis.fr/index.php/Bey...

the hotel beausoleil gave you a nice one Ibis are good simple hotels, from a good chain, and they are about 7 in town on the city page
    saint-louis.fr/index.php/H4t...

hope it helps

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines