Saint Louis Travel Answers

change location
moreymiller's Profile Photo

Road Trip to St Louis

by moreymiller Online Now Mar 13, 2005 at 3:05 PM

Hello I'm road tripping out to St Louis to take in a Cardinals game and I was wondering if anyone could steer me on to a good place to stay. From the postings I've read I think the South Grand area would be best because of the local eateries and I'm not big on the tourist scene. I'm not looking for fancy just safe and clean. Also, is the Metro link available from that area to the baseball stadium? I appreciate your help, Chris.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • vanderlust's Profile Photo

RE: Road Trip to St Louis

by vanderlust Online Now Mar 13, 2005 at 6:03 PM

To answer your last question first, No, the MetroLink does not go anywhere near South Grand. Since you have a car you can drive from South Grand to the Stadium in about 15 minutes. South, Holiday Inn at I-55 & Butler Hill (30 minutes to Busch stadium). East, Holiday Inn or any of the chain hotels in Colinsville, IL (30 minutes to Busch stadium). If your looking for closer I would suggest the Rodeway Inn downtown (good price for location) or the Westin Downtown (great luxury hotel sometimes good specials) you can walk to the stadium in 5 minutes. Union Station has a hotel (I think the Hyatt) and there is a Metro Stop at Union Station (20 minutes ride except for leaving the game, the stadium station is crowded and takes up to 30 minutes to get on the Metro). If you drive you won't have a terrible time finding parking at a cardinal game unless it is a businessmans special (daygame during a business day). Parking costs from4 (unsecured lot)to20 for a night game. I usually find safe parking for about7 with a short walk to the stadium.
    I don't know where your planning to stay on So. Grand but there are some areas to avoid if you can.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines